breaking google and facebook manipulated millions of voters to vote for dems !

Or not. We should embrace the fact that - in our society - wealth has more power than government. That's the foundation of free society.
You seem confused. When wealth has more power than the elected government that's a problem.

That's a feature, not a bug.

Seriously, in a free society private wealth will always have more power in society than government. That's how it should be.
That's an oligarchy, not a free society.
I suspect we're defining free society differently. Economic power isn't coercive. It isn't the power to force your will on others. It's merely the power to trade freely. To make offers, or not.

To put it another way, there is a fundamental difference between: "Do X and I'll give you $1000" and "Do X or I'll fine you $1000".
Unfortunately that isn't the way it's usually applied.
How do you mean?

The difference?

Google and Facebook are not hostile foreign governments.

Tru Dat Creppy…

But I would hope you would agree that espionage paid for by a political party to a large Company in service to the Government would be an unlawful act...

Espionage
Espionage or spying is the act of obtaining secret or confidential information without the permission of the holder of the information. Spies help agencies uncover secret information. Any individual or spy ring, in the service of a government, company or independent operation, can commit espionage. The practice is clandestine, as it is by definition unwelcome. In some circumstances it may be a legal tool of law enforcement and in others it may be illegal and punishable by law. Espionage is a method of intelligence gathering which includes information gathering from non-disclosed sources.
Who said anything about espionage?

And if companies participating in elections bothers you you should work to change citizens United.

Or not. We should embrace the fact that - in our society - wealth has more power than government. That's the foundation of free society.

I don't want to see the big money boys being more powerful than congress. Jay Gould used to brag that he could hire half the working class to kill the other half . Actually we might have reached that point with trump scrapping rules and regulations in favor of the industrialists and the public and their health be damned.
10 truisms of capitalism from the mouths of robber barons
A running list of how President Trump is changing environmental policy

Forum List

Back