Breaking: GOP Will Create New 'Noxious' Rules At Convention To Steal Nomination From Donald Trump

I guess I don't understand? Because to me, it still says if Mr. Trump gets to the 1237 on the first round, all pledged delegates for him HAVE TO vote for him....?

Cool. We all get to enjoy 4 years of Hillary Clinton as president! Only thing that would make it worth it is if the GOP had a HUGE mass exodus of people from the party and lost record number of senate and house seats and governor's seats.

The entertainment potential of this thing is off the freaking charts.

:popcorn:

I didn't want to create a new thread for this question but can someone confirm what happens to campaign donations that haven't been spent if a candidate later pulls out.

I'm not a Trump fan but it does look a bit unfair if a candidate was to get close to the 1237 number but then not get the nomination. Even worse if a candidate is parachuted in that wasn't in the GOP primary. Its like all the other candidates went round the country, went to all that effort and then get told that was all for nothing.

As an onlooker I'm still trying to work out why there seems to be this anger amongst voters. I can understand that aimed at congress which seems to be in permanent gridlock but given where the USA was after the crash and where it is now unemployment has fallen sharply, the overall USA economy is in a much healthier state. I understand that theres frustration at the middle classes wage growth, this is a problem throughout developed economies.

I guess I don't understand? Because to me, it still says if Mr. Trump gets to the 1237 on the first round, all pledged delegates for him HAVE TO vote for him....?

That's what I thought until one guest on a talk show was saying otherwise....
That they are only kinda sorta promised to the candidate.

This will be interesting if Donald makes the number....
If he does not then it's open and who knows where the delegates go.

But if they rewrite the rules, which they can, they can pledge the delegates to whomever they want to be their nominee, even if they didn't campaign. Romney and Ryan are salivating to be chosen.

I didn't want to create a new thread for this question but can someone confirm what happens to campaign donations that haven't been spent if a candidate later pulls out.

I'm not a Trump fan but it does look a bit unfair if a candidate was to get close to the 1237 number but then not get the nomination. Even worse if a candidate is parachuted in that wasn't in the GOP primary. Its like all the other candidates went round the country, went to all that effort and then get told that was all for nothing.

As an onlooker I'm still trying to work out why there seems to be this anger amongst voters. I can understand that aimed at congress which seems to be in permanent gridlock but given where the USA was after the crash and where it is now unemployment has fallen sharply, the overall USA economy is in a much healthier state. I understand that theres frustration at the middle classes wage growth, this is a problem throughout developed economies.

Usually, if someone is dropping out of the race, it is because their campaign donations are dried up, or nearly gone.....so this is not usually an issue....

HOWEVER, I believe I have read that if a candidate has funds left over, after they have dropped out, and paid all of their pending bills.... 1 of 2 things can happen to them...

1- If they plan on running for president again in 4 years, they can hold on to those presidential donations in this specific presidential campaign fund.

or

2- The left over presidential donations get transferred to the National Party they belong to...so if a Republican dropping out, the donations go to the RNC....if Democratic, the funds go to the DNC.... and these National committees, use the money to help fund campaigns of other candidates in their party that are running for Congress or the Senate or even the governor of a State's race.

They have a plan in place even if Trump gets the designated 1,237 delegates for the nomination. Expect a revolt if this happens. It would show that the will of the voters will be put aside for keeping the establishment intact.

Roger Stone Predicts GOP Will Create 'New, Noxious' Rules at Convention to Steal Nomination from Donald Trump - Breitbart

Steve, don't be silly. The rules are set by the delegates. The GOP are a bunch of white men. White men don't steal. You must be thinking about the Democrat convention.

But if they rewrite the rules, which they can, they can pledge the delegates to whomever they want to be their nominee, even if they didn't campaign. Romney and Ryan are salivating to be chosen.
I saw Ryan in an interview and he said no way Jose' on that....so no run for him....besides, he heads the rules committee at the convention so it would be too fishy for him to make rules for himself to be nominated...

Saw Romney saying no way Jose' as well, to this happening with him, but Romney has a history of flip flopping so perhaps with him, but again I doubt it....

I think Kasich believes they will nominate him, because he believes he has the best shot in garnering more votes in the national election...

Last edited:
They have a plan in place even if Trump gets the designated 1,237 delegates for the nomination. Expect a revolt if this happens. It would show that the will of the voters will be put aside for keeping the establishment intact.

Roger Stone Predicts GOP Will Create 'New, Noxious' Rules at Convention to Steal Nomination from Donald Trump - Breitbart

Steve, don't be silly. The rules are set by the delegates. The GOP are a bunch of white men. White men don't steal. You must be thinking about the Democrat convention.
Hannity just got through interviewing Reince Preibus who just stated it was Romney's delegates who wrote the new GOP nomination rules in 2012. That's fucked up. No wonder Romney has come out of the woodworks.

I saw Ryan in an interview and he said no way Jose' on that....so no run for him....besides, he heads the rules committee at the convention so it would be too fishy for him to make rules for himself to be nominated...

Saw Romney saying no way Jose' as well, to this happening with him, but Romney has a history of flip flopping so perhaps with him, but again I doubt it....

I think Kaish(sp?) believes they will nominate him, because he believes he has the best shot in garnering more votes in the national election...
Rush said today take what Ryan said with a grain of salt right now.

Hannity just got through interviewing Reince Preibus who just stated it was Romney's delegates who wrote the new GOP nomination rules in 2012. That's fucked up. No wonder Romney has come out of the woodworks.

I believe what he meant was that it was a different group of delegates who wrote those rules. The delegates as a whole write the rules. It's approved by whole of them. Romney had the majority of all delegates in 2012, so his constituency alone could theoretically approve a set of rules, assuming they all voted in lock-step with each other.

I think Kaish(sp?) believes they will nominate him, because he believes he has the best shot in garnering more votes in the national election...

Kasich is correct in that he has the best hope of success in November. But I think Kasich is learning that he's too intelligent for most of the GOP of 2016.

They could get around all this if they sat the Canadian down and explained the reality of the inevitable challenge to come before November...just before...and the fact that there is now a liberal-activist majority on the US Supreme Court who will use their discretion to load the scales to have a certain type of Justice appointed by a certain type of president next year...

If it was JUST Kasich on Trump between now and June, Kasich would clearly rise with a legitimate delegate vote without hanky panky with the rules. The hoser Raphael Edward "Ted" Cruz needs to put down his Molsen Ale, and his pancake stack with maple syrup and realize he's got the formula exactly backwards: HE needs to drop out so that KASICH can finish off Tiny-Hands.. CRUZ CAN'T EVEN LEGALLY RUN FOR PRESIDENT!

I believe what he meant was that it was a different group of delegates who wrote those rules. The delegates as a whole write the rules. It's approved by whole of them. Romney had the majority of all delegates in 2012, so his constituency alone could theoretically approve a set of rules, assuming they all voted in lock-step with each other.
Aren't they basically writing the rules for the following presidential election cycle though?

As example, Romney's delegates influenced how this primary season's rules would work...?

Are you really surprised? Trump is a nightmare - a completely unqualified egomaniacal pathological liar reality show host. Anyone who sees this clown as being Presidential material is out of their freaking mind.

Trump is a loser, so the party will probably figure out how to kick his butt down the road. He can always sue them, can't he?

Forum List

Back