Breaking: Helo Crashes into Building NYC Midtown Manhattan

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A helicopter has crashed into a building in Midtown, the FDNY said.

Numerous emergency responders are on the scene at 51st Street between Sixth and Seventh Avenue

At least one building in the area was evacuated.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo is on the scene.

Just north of Times Square, only 1 person onboard.

Gov says it made an emergency landing, some have been hurt, fire upon crash. People in building said building shook.

This is only 2 blocks away from the President's domicile. The Trump homestead is on 5th Ave., and this is 7th Ave.

First it was reported it was a plane. I can’t imagine the fear they must have felt there.

I feel fortunate that this happened in New York instead of Hermitage, helicopter wrecks in the city can cause traffic headaches.

upload_2019-6-10_14-34-48.jpeg

Fire on top of building.

There is actually a 2 mile radius no fly zone. He was flying in the restricted zone, according to CBS News.
Puts a new twist on it.

It will be interesting if we find out why he was flying in a no fly zone on such a bad weather day.

There is actually a 2 mile radius no fly zone. He was flying in the restricted zone, according to CBS News.
Puts a new twist on it.
Off course due to the fog? (They have instruments for that, right?) Or trying to blow a hole in Trump Tower? I suppose he's the one who's dead, so we'll never know. Hope everyone inside the building will be okay.

Forum List

Back