Breaking: Helo Crashes into Building NYC Midtown Manhattan

Said the chopter is based in NJ.

That explains everything.

Ever try to drive in New Jersey? :ack-1:
So you find it amusing...

Funny how you "forgot" to make that comment on this post...

Democrats are domestic terrorist

Or this post:

This sure beats watching Dean testify about nothing!

Or even this post:

There is actually a 2 mile radius no fly zone. He was flying in the restricted zone, according to CBS News.
Puts a new twist on it.

They weren’t responding to me, so I didn’t see them. Anything else?

Or this post:

Or even this post:

There is actually a 2 mile radius no fly zone. He was flying in the restricted zone, according to CBS News.
Puts a new twist on it.

Or this post:

Or even this post:

Puts a new twist on it.

Sooooooooooo you're not only incapable of using the quote function, you're also incapable of reading posts in your own thread?

Can you say "selective snowflakery"?

Poster please. You're busted.

Insults is all you have, Pogo. I don’t hang on every post like you do. Life calls.

Or this post:

Or even this post:

Puts a new twist on it.

Sooooooooooo you're not only incapable of using the quote function, you're also incapable of reading posts in your own thread?

Insults is all you have, Pogo. I don’t hang on every post like you do. Life calls.

Or this post:

Or even this post:

Puts a new twist on it.

Bullshit. You put 176 posts in this thread and suddenly you wanna be selective about which ones you choose to see in between? DOOOON'T think so. :rolleyes:

You remain busted.

Puts a new twist on it.
Off course due to the fog? (They have instruments for that, right?) Or trying to blow a hole in Trump Tower? I suppose he's the one who's dead, so we'll never know. Hope everyone inside the building will be okay.
That’s what I keep hearing over and over, is news pilots there stating why would they be flying in that weather. It makes no sense.
And then in the no fly zone.

Just heard there was another restriction of in NYC of no flying under 2000 ft either.

Let me enlighten you on this since I forgot more about aircraft than most will ever know.

1. No flying under 2000 feet means nothing to a helicopter in distress. It will come down thanks to the Earths gravitational pull. So he could have had a mechanical problem at 5000 feet and that would mean he dropped below any "minimum allowable altitudes."

2. IFR rated pilots are allowed to fly in fog and rain. That's not unheard of. Ask anyone if the airlines in the area shut down because of the rain. Of course not.

3. The no fly zone does not apply to an aircraft in distress. They are allowed to fly anywhere and do anything necessary to save the lives of those on board.

4. A no fly zone certainly can be busted by a pilot who got disoriented because of fog and rain.

It's pure speculation WHY he was there but there are many explanations that state it was not illegal. I promise he had no desire to crash into the top of a building.

Last edited:

Or this post:

Or even this post:

Puts a new twist on it.

Bullshit. You put 176 posts in this thread and suddenly you wanna be selective about which ones you choose to see in between? DOOOON'T think so. :rolleyes:

You remain busted.
My, you really need to learn to count.

Forum List

Back