BREAKING: ISIS just blew up Jonah's tomb

sunni
Funny how so many people here are all upset over the destruction of a tomb that most of them didn't even know existed a week ago. .. :cuckoo: :lol:

meathead
A religion whose adherents have no regard for humanity in this day and age need to re-assess thenselves seriously. I see little of that.[/QUOTE

I am a jew----jews have no tradition of knowing where the tomb of Jonah is-----the book of
Jonah is VERY OLD-----and a kind of educational tale-----Jonah as a separate person is
not an issue. It is a sublime book in that it deals with important philosophical issues
in describing jewish theology. The people of Nineveh-----in the book ----are enemies of jews--
but Jonah gets charged with "SAVING THEM FROM SIN'------he is supposed to teach them to be
moral and not steal etc. -----because if they do so----they will face disaster That is the task
from which he tries to escape---------afterall WHO CARES what happens to the lousy people of
Nineveh--------well---in the end he realized that he has responsibility to help even if the people are
"no damned good"-----of course---in the story they get good.

The place that the dogs and pigs of mecca trashed-----was actually a church which ----besides
being a legenday tomb of Jonah----was holy to Chaldean Christians as a burial place of many
of their saints.-------some pigs of mecca STOLE the place about 8 centuries ago and turned
it into a mosque-------based on a really mucked up version of the book of Jonah that appears
in the Koran

I find it funny that a person who allies himself with the thieves who stole a Christian site and
defiled it------now decided to destroy it --------very funny in a kafaesque ---somewhat nauseating
way

Forum List

Back