BREAKING: McAllen, TX declares state of DISASTER after Biden dumped 1,500 illegals with COVID last week

wrong,, to be legal they needed to apply before entering not after being caught entering illegally,,,

Sorry wrong again

Affirmative Asylum Processing with USCIS​

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.

Now I know there are some big words there but the you may apply for asylum regardless of how you arrived in the US or your current immigration status. It is the law and not a opinion

Now if you show up at the boarder you are in the US and can apply.

Even the story your quote mentions it

On Monday, we watched Border Patrol drop off bus loads of migrants in downtown McAllen all day long. Every 30 minutes. Hundreds released in front of us.

Biden’s superspreader event at the border has left McAllen, Texas declaring a state of disaster after over 1,500 illegals with COVID were dumped in their city last week.

So your logic is that they were legal because how would they be dropped off in the US.

Why because they have apply for asylum when they presented themselves to the board patrol and asked for asylum.

Does mean they will get it but they have applied.

Sorry wrong again

Affirmative Asylum Processing with USCIS​

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.

Now I know there are some big words there but the you may apply for asylum regardless of how you arrived in the US or your current immigration status. It is the law and not a opinion

Now if you show up at the boarder you are in the US and can apply.

Even the story your quote mentions it

On Monday, we watched Border Patrol drop off bus loads of migrants in downtown McAllen all day long. Every 30 minutes. Hundreds released in front of us.

Biden’s superspreader event at the border has left McAllen, Texas declaring a state of disaster after over 1,500 illegals with COVID were dumped in their city last week.

So your logic is that they were legal because how would they be dropped off in the US.

Why because they have apply for asylum when they presented themselves to the board patrol and asked for asylum.

Does mean they will get it but they have applied.
that would matter if they met the criteria for it,, but 99% dont meet it and are using it as an excuse,,

They don't stay. That's the problem. That's why Trump created the wait in Mexico policy.

Well even that policy (MPP) was one that they had to wait in Mexico while the US government processed the paperwork for asylum. The final results of asylum may be denied or it may be granted. Also the one notable flaw of trumps ( Migrant Protection Program) was that if children showed up alone then they could not send them back.

We can remember the children being held in the US with no parents.

Children who come alone to the border are excluded from the "remain in Mexico" policy, but those traveling with their families are not, meaning they also may be turned back to Mexico while they wait for their immigration court date.

Still the wait in Mexico policy has been rescinded by Biden. That is why the story that the OP presented complains about immigrants being dumped off in a Texas city.

The definition of amnesty is the act of releasing or protecting a person or persons from prosecution for wrongdoings. An example of amnesty is when the US government lets in a foreign citizen to help protect that citizen from being killed in his own country. An example of amnesty is when a criminal is told to go free.

So no, given amnesty isn't the same as becoming a citizen of the united states. And until their hearing they aren't anything but an illegal. And just letting them loose isn't doing anyone any favors. And they do not test them either.
Amnesty was the wrong word as it should have been asylum seekers
that would matter if they met the criteria for it,, but 99% dont meet it and are using it as an excuse,,

Well I was not addressing the odds that it works out in their favor. IT was just a response to your position that they had to apply before entering to be legal.

BREAKING: McAllen, TX declares state of DISASTER after Biden dumped 1,500 illegals with COVID last week​

Bill Melugin reports:

Another reporter asked Melugin how they know the illegals are infected, and he explains that a third party vendor tests them once they are dropped off in McAllen:

tell me again how this pandemic is real and not political??
The thread premise is a lie.

Amnesty was the wrong word as it should have been asylum seekers

Well I was not addressing the odds that it works out in their favor. IT was just a response to your position that they had to apply before entering to be legal.
sneaking oin the back door where no one is looking is not legal entry,, we have doors made for that,,

American Thinker ^ | 08/05/2021 | Monica Showalter

The chaos at the border is risen to "disaster" levels in McAllen, Texas, where COVID-infected migrants are pouring in and the city can't stop them. So much for Kamala Harris's migration "root cause" solution, with her visits to showcase schools in Guatemala. And so much for Joe Biden doing his job as president, as Florida's Gov. Ron DeSantis noted yesterday.

According to Border Report:
McALLEN, Texas (Border Report) — The South Texas border city of McAllen this week put up several tents to house an overflow of migrants with COVID-19 who have been released by federal authorities and have nowhere else to go. But the new tents drew such outcry from residents that late Wednesday city officials announced the facility was being moved.

Overnight Wednesday, six tents had been put up with a capacity to hold 260 migrants, McAllen City Manager Roel “Roy” Rodriguez told Border Report.

How many? According to Fox News:
According to the city of McAllen, since mid-February of 2021, there have been over 7,000 confirmed COVID-19 positive immigrants released into the City of McAllen by CBP, including over 1,500 new cases in the past seven days.
And according to Breitbart News:
On Friday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom,” McAllen, TX Mayor Javier Villalobos (R) stated that the migrant situation is “getting horrible,” hotels are filling up, and migrants can’t be held “in one place unless they want to be.”

Villalobos said the situation is “getting horrible, and we do need some help.”
There's more, according to Texas news outlet Valley Central:
Hidalgo County Judge Richard Cortez told ValleyCentral in a previous interview that there is a nursing shortage and keeping up with COVID-19 hospitalization of residents has not been easy. In addition, the influx in asylum seekers testing positive for COVID-19 is also tipping the scale.

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

And I quote.....

“The U.S. government now poses the greatest threat to our freedoms. More than terrorism, more than domestic extremism, more than gun violence and organized crime, even more than the perceived threat posed by any single politician, the U.S. government remains a greater menace to the life, liberty and property of its citizens than any of the so-called dangers from which the government claims to protect us.”

John W. Whitehead,

The definition of amnesty is the act of releasing or protecting a person or persons from prosecution for wrongdoings. An example of amnesty is when the US government lets in a foreign citizen to help protect that citizen from being killed in his own country. An example of amnesty is when a criminal is told to go free.

So no, given amnesty isn't the same as becoming a citizen of the united states. And until their hearing they aren't anything but an illegal. And just letting them loose isn't doing anyone any favors. And they do not test them either.

Well that definition is one that is used but when we talk about laws that are passed it does become a little more complicated as they will stretch the meaning of amnesty.

Immigration amnesty is used when congress passes laws that offer immigration amnesty as long as they meet the criteria of the law passed.

Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens

Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America

There are 4 others that are similar

Well I would agree that amnesty alone does not make them US citizens. It usually just grants them legal residence.

Then it is up to the person to become a citizen by applying for citizenship.

It is a path for citizenship or they could just remain legal residents. They may have been illegal aliens at one time.

sneaking oin the back door where no one is looking is not legal entry,, we have doors made for that,,
I am not saying that sneaking across the border was legal. I just said that they can present themselves at the border and ask for entry which is perfectly legal.

I am not saying that sneaking across the border was legal. I just said that they can present themselves at the border and ask for entry which is perfectly legal.
thats nice,, but I'm talking about the ones sneaking in and getting caught then asking

And it won't stop...that was always the plan. You were warned...oh that's right...you didn't actually get to vote for this president though...damn the luck.

Well, you can shit in one hand, and wish in the other...see which one fills up quicker.

Forum List

Back