BREAKING: MLB Moves This Summer's All-Star Game From Atlanta to One of the Whitest Cities in America

Why don't some of you actually read the bill now law instead of just going by whatever your preferred partisan cable news talking head tells you.

Here is the full text of the law they never read:

Georgia voting law: Read full text
That's only helpful if there is a side by side comparison with the old laws.

The changes from the old law was posted several times in the forum, democrats IGNORED it.

Then YOU admit you haven't read the new law yet.

Thank you.
Don't be snotty. You're always saying 'it's posted around here somewhere' but the last time you told me that I went hunting for it, read every damned link you'd put up and none of them addressed the point at all. It just wasn't worth arguing about it any farther, since you obviously had no answer.

So fuck you.

I've read what is in the bill, but since I am not from Georgia and am not some kind of voting law nerd, how am I supposed to know if it restricts voting opportunities that were in place before?

So fine, I'll just continue to trust the very large group of politicos, officials, media and corporations who all say it does restrict voting access, particularly to black communities.

if you're too lazy to back up your indignant claims, why should I believe you?

The republican lawmakers who passed the bill, and the governor for championing it.
And you believe blacks are currently the ones getting hurt, right?

If so, please explain how.
Taking 90 mil of business from a city that is predominantly black, is the argument going up around here. Even Stacy Abrams acknowledged it.

Are you saying that's not the case? Please explain.

Why don't some of you actually read the bill now law instead of just going by whatever your preferred partisan cable news talking head tells you.

MLB, the CEO of Delta and the CEO of Coke are some stupid sonsabitches. I don't watch any MLB, I don't fly and I don't drink Coke products, so nothing changes with me. I still believe they will all lose revenue for acting like assholes.

The law does nothing to suppress anyone's right to vote. It does decrease the opportunities for voter fraud. You'd think the dumb bastards would praise it for that.

I am not going to argue with white people about this. Blacks have died in order to get the right to vote. 81 home games is going to bring in 1 or 2 billion dollars and there are other events in Atlanta just as well. Nobody has said to stop coming to visit atlanta and so this sudden concern about black people making some money is just bogus. Major League Baseball did not make this decision independent of players and the right to unrestricted ballot access is more important than money.

The changes from the old law was posted several times in the forum, democrats IGNORED it.

Thank you.
Don't be snotty. You're always saying 'it's posted around here somewhere' but the last time you told me that I went hunting for it, read every damned link you'd put up and none of them addressed the point at all. It just wasn't worth arguing about it any farther, since you obviously had no answer.

So fuck you.

I've read what is in the bill, but since I am not from Georgia and am not some kind of voting law nerd, how am I supposed to know if it restricts voting opportunities that were in place before?

So fine, I'll just continue to trust the very large group of politicos, officials, media and corporations who all say it does restrict voting access, particularly to black communities.

Ha ha, I hardly respond to you at all, not only that I posted the link to the ENTIRE Georgia voting bill, yet I am the bad guy.

I am telling the truth about several threads showing the changes to the law, you manage to either miss those threads or you being a democrat ignored them, as I observed other democrats do.

Here is a post 104 you never saw, but I did as I was there, you were NEVER in the thread at all.

Let’s take a look at what S.B. 202 actually says:

No person shall solicit votes [or] distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to [a voter] … This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer…from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to [a voter] waiting in line to vote.
The parts in bold are what S.B. 202 added to the statute. The prohibition applies inside polling places, within 150 feet of a polling place, or “within 25 feet of any voter standing in line to vote at any polling place.”

Now, first of all, notice what is not prohibited here. Voters can still bring bottled water or other food or beverages with them to stand on line to vote, as people often do when waiting at Disney World or to buy concert tickets or in other public places where people stand on long lines. Voters can still also, if they like, order food; the bill doesn’t stop the Domino’s Pizza man or the local hot dog cart or taco truck from doing business. And if you feel impelled to donate food and drink to voters, you can still do that, too; you just have to give it to the poll workers so they can put it out for general use. The president’s claim that “You can’t provide water for people about to vote” is just false. What you cannot do under the new Georgia law is deploy people in National Rifle Association t-shirts and MAGA hats to hand out free Koch-brothers-financed, Federalist Society–branded pizza to voters.

www.nationalreview.com

Joe Biden Botches the Georgia Voting Law | National Review
His claim that the law prohibits giving water to voters standing on line is way off base.
www.nationalreview.com
www.nationalreview.com
=====

That was 8 days ago he posted this.

Read post 108 about how the democrats created the long lines problem in the first place.

Read post 137

Post 184 about New York law and Minnesota law

Post 241

Post 288 Liberal law of New York

New York Election Law
Sec. 17-140
Furnishing Money or Entertainment to Induce Attendance at Polls

§ 17-140. Furnishing money or entertainment to induce attendance at polls. Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or through any other person in connection with or in respect of any election during the hours of voting on a day of a general, special or primary election gives or provides, or causes to be given or provided, or shall pay, wholly or in part, for any meat, drink, tobacco, refreshment or provision to or for any person, other than persons who are official representatives of the board of elections or political parties and committees and persons who are engaged as watchers, party representatives or workers assisting the candidate, except any such meat, drink, tobacco, refreshment or provision having a retail value of less than one dollar, which is given or provided to any person in a polling place without any identification of the person or entity supplying such provisions, is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

Post 454

You no longer have an excuse to be ignorant.

Last edited:
The republican lawmakers who passed the bill, and the governor for championing it.
And you believe blacks are currently the ones getting hurt, right?

If so, please explain how.
Taking 90 mil of business from a city that is predominantly black, is the argument going up around here. Even Stacy Abrams acknowledged it.

This is a discussion started by a bunch of whites who are racists that don't give a goobly damn wherether blacks make any money. So understand that we take voting serious and since these businesses have survived every other year there hasn't been an all star game in Atlants, they will survive now. We did not see all this paternal concern when sporting events were pulled out of North Carolina and Indiana when republicans got stupid there but every time blacks do something theres a backlash.

The idiot governor signed the law.

There's nothing wrong with the law. In fact, Georgia's voting laws are much less stringent than New York's. Of course, being that you have the intelligence of an after-dinner mint and that you are totally loyal to your Democratic masters, this fact will not compel you to recognize truth.

This is a discussion started by a bunch of whites who are racists that don't give a goobly damn wherether blacks make any money.

The biggest racists in America, aside from you (of course), are white Democrats. Blacks die in enormous numbers every week in Democrat communities and white Democrats never say a word, let alone, do anything about it. Amazingly, you continue to support them. You can't fix stupid.

I am not going to argue with white people about this. Blacks have died in order to get the right to vote. 81 home games is going to bring in 1 or 2 billion dollars and there are other events in Atlanta just as well. Nobody has said to stop coming to visit atlanta and so this sudden concern about black people making some money is just bogus. Major League Baseball did not make this decision independent of players and the right to unrestricted ballot access is more important than money.

You sure a hypocrite, you pretend you care about black people, but then you make clear you don't give a shit that the blacks of Atlanta lost out on a nice extra paycheck.

:fu:

So how come its only Republicans, a 90 percent white party, nationwide mind you, are the ones complaining about what's happening here in Atlanta?

...you manage to either miss those threads or you being a democrat ignored them, as I observed other democrats do.

OldLady loves the Democratic Party and doesn't give a damn about God, truth, facts, justice, nor her fellow human beings. No, for her, only the party matters.

So how come its only Republicans, a 90 percent white party, nationwide mind you, are the ones complaining about what's happening here in Atlanta?

Yeah a black dominated city that will lose over $100 MILLION, YOU don't a shit about that.

You are pathetic.

So how come its only Republicans, a 90 percent white party, nationwide mind you, are the ones compleaining about what's happening here in Atlanta?

The Democratic Party demands compliance and anyone that doesn't serve the party must be punished.

Why are you critical of Georgia's election laws but not New Yorks, which are even more stringent?

I know why. It's because you serve the party and nothing else matters.

Thank you.

So fuck you.

Ha ha, I hardly respond to you at all, not only that I posted the link to the ENTIRE Georgia voting bill, yet I am the bad guy.

I am telling the truth about several threads showing the changes to the law, you manage to either miss those threads or you being a democrat ignored them, as I observed other democrats do.

Here is a post 104 you never saw, but I did as I was there, you were NEVER in the thread at all.

Let’s take a look at what S.B. 202 actually says:

No person shall solicit votes [or] distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to [a voter] … This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer…from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to [a voter] waiting in line to vote.
The parts in bold are what S.B. 202 added to the statute. The prohibition applies inside polling places, within 150 feet of a polling place, or “within 25 feet of any voter standing in line to vote at any polling place.”

Now, first of all, notice what is not prohibited here. Voters can still bring bottled water or other food or beverages with them to stand on line to vote, as people often do when waiting at Disney World or to buy concert tickets or in other public places where people stand on long lines. Voters can still also, if they like, order food; the bill doesn’t stop the Domino’s Pizza man or the local hot dog cart or taco truck from doing business. And if you feel impelled to donate food and drink to voters, you can still do that, too; you just have to give it to the poll workers so they can put it out for general use. The president’s claim that “You can’t provide water for people about to vote” is just false. What you cannot do under the new Georgia law is deploy people in National Rifle Association t-shirts and MAGA hats to hand out free Koch-brothers-financed, Federalist Society–branded pizza to voters.

www.nationalreview.com

Joe Biden Botches the Georgia Voting Law | National Review
His claim that the law prohibits giving water to voters standing on line is way off base.
www.nationalreview.com
www.nationalreview.com
=====

That was 8 days ago he posted this.

Read post 108 about how the democrats created the long lines problem in the first place.

Read post 137

Post 184 about New York law and Minnesota law

Post 241

Post 288 Liberal law of New York

New York Election Law
Sec. 17-140
Furnishing Money or Entertainment to Induce Attendance at Polls

§ 17-140. Furnishing money or entertainment to induce attendance at polls. Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or through any other person in connection with or in respect of any election during the hours of voting on a day of a general, special or primary election gives or provides, or causes to be given or provided, or shall pay, wholly or in part, for any meat, drink, tobacco, refreshment or provision to or for any person, other than persons who are official representatives of the board of elections or political parties and committees and persons who are engaged as watchers, party representatives or workers assisting the candidate, except any such meat, drink, tobacco, refreshment or provision having a retail value of less than one dollar, which is given or provided to any person in a polling place without any identification of the person or entity supplying such provisions, is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

Post 454

You no longer have an excuse to be ignorant.
Thx!
Sometimes bitching is worth it. Post 137 was very helpful

Forum List

Back