Breaking: NBC Anchor Lester Holt Just Announced The Topics For First Presidential Debate

Does anyone ever actually stay on topic in these? I seem to recall Low-Energy Jeb talking about smoking pot.

Seeing as how Gary Johnson has been excluded from the debate, I won't be watching.

He's running ads in Oregon, I saw one tonight it was a decent ad that will only weaken Hillary in this area. Not that Trump or Johnson has any hope the west coast is a lost cause.

I was hoping for additional topics like “medical records and personal health”

NBC anchor Lester Holt just announced the topics for the first presidential debate

Maybe Hillary's campaign will organise a medical situation so she can get out of the debates.

hiLIARy is going to mainline several B-12-Cocaine-Meth shots right before the debate. I bet she comes out Kung Fu Fighting! And if we're really lucky, perhaps the alien insect inside of her will finally burst out of her skull!

NBC anchor Lester Holt just announced the topics for the first presidential debate

Maybe Hillary's campaign will organise a medical situation so she can get out of the debates.

hiLIARy is going to mainline several B-12-Cocaine-Meth shots right before the debate. I bet she comes out Kung Fu Fighting! And if we're really lucky, perhaps the alien insect inside of her will finally burst out of her skull!

Trump is going to tower over her, I wonder if she'll be standing on a step stool. If Trump calls her little Hillary I'm going to injure myself laughing.

actually she doesn't need one it all on line seems she is a lot more forth coming then you thought

Hillary Clinton’s medical information, released on September 14th, 2016

Hillary Clinton’s medical information, released on July 28th, 2015

Hillary Clinton 2013 speech income

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO where trumps and why is he hiding it ????

Trump emailed it to Hillary, it's on her private server

Trump is going to find something to bitch about these rather generic topics.
Generic? Are you serious?

Those "generic" subjects are what this election is all about ....
The questions are going to be far less general than the subjects, I hope. The problem occurs when a candidate lacks the knowledge to answer and diverts to personal attacks and name calling. This is where the moderator should step in. If he doesn't, then the other candidate's rebuttal will follow suit and it will continue through the debate.

I don't remember who Candy Crowley forced back on topic, but it was impressive.

Holt is not the least intimidated by either of them, I think.

Trump is going to tower over her, I wonder if she'll be standing on a step stool. If Trump calls her little Hillary I'm going to injure myself laughing.
That is the kind statements that will kill Trump in the debates. He's has got to stay on message and avoid the personal attacks. His fans may love it, but that's not who he should be trying to win over. If he comes across as misogynist, or as a bully, he's dead meat.

The questions are going to be far less general than the subjects, I hope. The problem occurs when a candidate lacks the knowledge to answer and diverts to personal attacks and name calling. This is where the moderator should step in. If he doesn't, then the other candidate's rebuttal will follow suit and it will continue through the debate.

I disagree ... if the candidate wants to diverge ... let her.

The people will decide.

It's not the moderator's job to dictate the information they want fed to the American people. Give the moderator a stopwatch and a pointer - and tell him to shut up.

The people will decide.

It's not the moderator's job to dictate the information they want fed to the American people. Give the moderator a stopwatch and a pointer - and tell him to shut up.
It actually is the moderator's job to keep things on topic, perhaps you are not familiar with the time honored format of a formal political debate. The rules of order are there for the sake of the audience/voters, not the candidates. Any well reasoned position can be successfully argued in a debate format, unfortunately for Trump the rules of debate quickly show when someone is not arguing a well reasoned position.

The people will decide.

It actually is the moderator's job to keep things on topic, perhaps you are not familiar with the time honored format of a formal political debate. The rules of order are there for the sake of the audience/voters, not the candidates. Any well reasoned position can be successfully argued in a debate format, unfortunately for Trump the rules of debate quickly show when someone is not arguing a well reasoned position.

As a matter of fact, I AM familiar with the "time honored format of a formal political debate".

For instance, I am familiar with the fact that presidential debates were NOT moderated until 1960 - hardly a "time honored" approach.

The "rules" for debate allow the moderator to decide when something the candidate says is out of bounds. Of course, this can, and is, regularly abused. (See Candy Crowley's disgraceful actions - or, perhaps, Becky Quick, Carl Quintanilla, or Matt Lauer). It's as simple as tilting the wording of a particular question (ask Quintanilla) or injecting your own opinion into the discussion (ask Candy Crowley) or making false accusations in the form of a question (ask Quick), or simple incompetence (ask Lauer).

The real "time honored" format is to allow each candidate to make an opening statement, and then allow candidates to ask their opposition questions. It worked for Lincoln-Douglass - Clinton really shouldn't need to be fed softball questions by the liberal press.

The people will decide.

As a matter of fact, I AM familiar with the "time honored format of a formal political debate".

For instance, I am familiar with the fact that presidential debates were NOT moderated until 1960 - hardly a "time honored" approach.

The "rules" for debate allow the moderator to decide when something the candidate says is out of bounds. Of course, this can, and is, regularly abused. (See Candy Crowley's disgraceful actions - or, perhaps, Becky Quick, Carl Quintanilla, or Matt Lauer). It's as simple as tilting the wording of a particular question (ask Quintanilla) or injecting your own opinion into the discussion (ask Candy Crowley) or making false accusations in the form of a question (ask Quick), or simple incompetence (ask Lauer).

The real "time honored" format is to allow each candidate to make an opening statement, and then allow candidates to ask their opposition questions. It worked for Lincoln-Douglass - Clinton really shouldn't need to be fed softball questions by the liberal press.
Well then all Trump has to do is refuse to participate if he does not like the rules. Why the hell should we change how things have been done for a while now because we have one candidate who is unable to stand the heat of defending his policies on their merits?

The people will decide.

Well then all Trump has to do is refuse to participate if he does not like the rules. Why the hell should we change how things have been done for a while now because we have one candidate who is unable to stand the heat of defending his policies on their merits?

And just exactly where did you see Trump refusing to participate??

The question was about what I prefer - not what he prefers.

he he he...

they shouldn't have released the topics....

I know it's a time honored tradition and all but it would have been funny to see both candidates go in totally cold.

What will Hillary say about keeping America secure? that she'll use a private mail server with no encryption for all top secret email?

:lol:

Forum List

Back