BREAKING NEWS--CA--Another Mass Shooting

so he killed more people with a knife

and cnn is reporting that this mass shooting left seven dead

that is pretty disingenuous
Why disingenuous?

I think it's a relevant and rather important observation because it demonstrates that guns are not the only way to kill. And banning guns will not remedy the obvious problem of increasing psychopathology in American society.

If there were no guns the crazies would resort to other ways of killing lots of people -- like knives, axes, fire-bombs, explosives, razor-sharpened machetes, gas explosions, motor vehicle impacts -- and I'll wager others here can add to that short list.

My thoughts on the subject are it's too bad there wasn't a responsible armed citizen in the vicinities of all these mass killings, one who could return fire and take the killer out. So maybe the problem is not too many guns but too few.

I think the problem is that we don't want to deal with the mentally ill, so we leave them to their own devices. We see them as they live on the street or live an ignored life, getting worse and worse while we avert our eyes because society won't take care of them.
Quite right. And we have Ronald Reagan to thank for that.

Why disingenuous?

I think it's a relevant and rather important observation because it demonstrates that guns are not the only way to kill. And banning guns will not remedy the obvious problem of increasing psychopathology in American society.

If there were no guns the crazies would resort to other ways of killing lots of people -- like knives, axes, fire-bombs, explosives, razor-sharpened machetes, gas explosions, motor vehicle impacts -- and I'll wager others here can add to that short list.

My thoughts on the subject are it's too bad there wasn't a responsible armed citizen in the vicinities of all these mass killings, one who could return fire and take the killer out. So maybe the problem is not too many guns but too few.

I think the problem is that we don't want to deal with the mentally ill, so we leave them to their own devices. We see them as they live on the street or live an ignored life, getting worse and worse while we avert our eyes because society won't take care of them.

Did he cast a spell that forbids people from being locked up for any reason? Did he go around congress like dems do?

Did he cast a spell that forbids people from being locked up for any reason? Did he go around congress like dems do?

He closed down all the mental institutions and put all the inmates on the streets.
Ronald Reagan?s shameful legacy: Violence, the homeless, mental illness - Salon.com

(Too bad Hinckley couldn't afford anything better than a pawn shop .22)

Last edited:

He closed down all the mental institutions and put all the inmates on the streets.
Ronald Reagan?s shameful legacy: Violence, the homeless, mental illness - Salon.com

(Too bad Hinckley couldn't afford anything better than a pawn shop .22)

Faggot

ok--whole day away--went to the river with my dog--people tubing, having picnics--enjoyed chatting with a Korean group--my dog got a piece of hot dog--they couldn't have been nicer. Yesterday there was an event to try to provide support for Ukraine--very nice people --we chatted about common interests--dirt, farming--things we are grateful for. Went all over Lake Lanier/Chattahoochee river parks--not really true --lol it is so big--went to a few about an hour away.
Full-people camping and fishing and swimming. went to the grocery store--took my dog to a park on a university campus--got lost--had to call their PD--nicest officer took me back to my car and said ''No problem--what we do". I said, 'God Bless'---that sort of thing is OK in Atlanta, GA. :) mother is retired from this university would go beserk that I had been 'so stupid and inconvenienced them'. lol --Driving Miss Daisy--ain't gonna let it drive me crazy.

read a few pages --gave 1 Neg --several Good ones. Hang tough---the good ones. .:)

my dog is trying to chase a cat---gotta run.

Looks like he targetted asians. He was half asian. Will the obvious self loathing issue be swept under the carpet?
As soon as one of these "news" stations come up with a forensic shrink who knows what he/she is talking about we'll learn what went wrong with this young man. So far all we've heard is a bunch of clichéd claptrap and wild guessing. It seems none of these psycho-babbling quacks have heard of the Gender Identity Crisis, which Rodgers quite obviously had reached the deepest stages of.

And, again, if it were not for Ronald Reagan, who closed all the available mental institutions, maybe one of the psychiatrists Rodgers had seen would have had somewhere to place him for effective observation and his potential might have been recognized.

Good to see that all the usual anti-gun loons are happily helping to prove the premise that they can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
Good to see that M14 is still robo-posting the same lame line...
Thank you for proving my point. Carry on.

Interesting, I'd like to see where Pogo's promoting the far left "gun grabbing" agenda? So far the only point proven here is your unwillingness to actually (and honestly) discuss the points of current discussion. The only one who looks like a demagogic ass here is you.
I'll now wait for your claim that I'm a uninformed gun-grabbing liberal..........

Interesting, I'd like to see where Pogo's promoting the far left "gun grabbing" agenda? So far the only point proven here is your unwillingness to actually (and honestly) discuss the points of current discussion. The only one who looks like a demagogic ass here is you.
I'll now wait for your claim that I'm a uninformed gun-grabbing liberal..........

So where's the focus on him killing this three asian roommates with a knife? No useful agenda could be accomplished there, right?

So where's the focus on him killing this three asian roommates with a knife? No useful agenda could be accomplished there, right?

Excuse me? :eusa_eh:

Why disingenuous?

No we don't. We have people who used habeas corpus to force hospitals to release their patients for that. All Reagan did was cut funding because the patients had been released.

I hate when people waste our time with such silly lies.

I don't need to look it up; it's got nothing to do with gun violence, nor is it an epidemic social concern.

As I just said -- unrelated in any way. You could find somebody who fell into a vat of chocolate and drowned... or was he pushed? :eek:
Doesn't matter; still unrelated to the topic here.

You are ignoring the whole point. This isn't about "gun violence". This is about a young man who was mentally deranged who had a family that actually WARNED the police and the police DID NOTHING.

Take the gun completely out of the equation he murdered two poor innocents with that weapon while murdering three with a knife. That tells me that no matter what, he was going to kill. Unless the police had done their jobs.... which clearly they didn't.

Gun, knife, car, rock...doesn't matter the tool, HE was the weapon.

Pogo lives by Internet Rule #11.

"All your carefully picked arguments can easily be ignored."

Pogo does not reasonably discuss anything. He will ask you questions, then ignore your answers and repeat the question, and he will always ignore your questions unless he thinks he has a slam dunk.

The dude is a troll, so any flippant response is more time than he deserves, just my opinion.

I, on the other hand--have had positive experiences with Pogo.

How can it be?

Once he didn't understand a post I made--happens so often here. 2 people are engaged in some form of communication--if you don't have the time or inclination to go back and focus on the 'conversation'--just walk in during the 2nd act, so to speak---you respond.

That happened once with Pogo and myself. I explained. He was cool. Have never noticed his troll-like ways.

I have to assume --that those who post here have 'their reasons' for whatever opinions they express. How difficult it is for me to try to imagine how some arrived at the conclusions they seem to have drawn--there are no words. For a few---I take some time analyze and generally say nothing---wait a while. It is so random here---I can count maybe 5 people that I can always recall their screenname and why I found their post worth reading. Been here almost 2 years.

Very challenging message board for many reasons. I have been in 'big forums before'--somewhat easier to keep up with things. One reason---the topic was a particular book--everyone that posted loved it. Disagreed on little things.

Big political issues---as far as I can tell --'not gonna happen'. so many issues---so many aspects to every issue.

How I really feel--who in the world would want to be POTUS???? Basically cannot believe why a person would/could enjoy leadership. I am clear about myself ---I don't like it, have done it---life is too short. Criticizing ---judicious about that. Will go to the 'ends of the earth' to verify that my assumptions are correct.

shrug. Pogo is fine with me. maybe a lot of others---don't have the time to really know 'everyone'. certain that there is something we might have in common. water, air?

books and friends--choose them wisely. not here to get approval--fyi.

Pogo does not reasonably discuss anything. He will ask you questions, then ignore your answers and repeat the question, and he will always ignore your questions unless he thinks he has a slam dunk.

The dude is a troll, so any flippant response is more time than he deserves, just my opinion.

Sez the unpatriotic fool flying an upside down US flag for an avi.

Dude, get a grip on yourself. You need help.

Now, back to the OP:

Dude goes batshit crazy, dude murders people. The Left recoils in horror, the Right blames it on Liberals and shit like that. How quaint.

How can it be?

Once he didn't understand a post I made--happens so often here. 2 people are engaged in some form of communication--if you don't have the time or inclination to go back and focus on the 'conversation'--just walk in during the 2nd act, so to speak---you respond.

That happened once with Pogo and myself. I explained. He was cool. Have never noticed his troll-like ways.

Yea that is how fascists respond to people; they get along with their allies and hate on their enemies.

If person A sees phenomena 'B', it does not negate the claim if person 'B' cannot confirm as there may be plenty of reason why they do as they do and you just don't see it yet.

Excuse me? :eusa_eh:

true story

--------------------

Elliot Rodger’s Roommates Identified
On May 23, Elliot stabbed Cheng Yuan Hong, 20; George Chen, 19; and Weihan Wang, 20. They were all his roommates who were found dead with multiple stab wounds when police arrived.

but here is the really odd part

how did this guy legally purchase firearms

when he was living in a mental care facility

The 22-year-0ld was living with them at the Independent Living Institute in Santa Barbara, according to CBS. According to the site, it “serves handicapped, developmentally delayed, and under-educated individuals in the areas of independent living, academics and vocational skills.”

Elliot Rodger?s Roommates? Names ? Police Identify 3 Stabbed In Isla Vista - Hollywood Life

How can it be?

Yea that is how fascists respond to people; they get along with their allies and hate on their enemies.

If person A sees phenomena 'B', it does not negate the claim if person 'B' cannot confirm as there may be plenty of reason why they do as they do and you just don't see it yet.

Enjoy your butthurt, but you should know that invoking Godwin just because you are mad pretty much destroys your argument. Just cuz Wavingrl slapped you down, it doesn't make her a fascist. It does, however, make her smarter than you. Color me surprised.

Now, to the topic of the OP:

Here is the CNN link that Wavingirl gave:

Rampage in college town began with stabbings - CNN.com

and here is an update:

Elliott Rodger's world: Five revelations from a 'kissless virgin' - CNN.com

(Video at the link)

Elliott Rodger left behind a 107,000-word "story" of what the shooting suspect called his "twisted world." While he e-mailed it to his parents and a therapist the day he allegedly went on a terror rampage, investigators and journalists soon found it.
The central theme of "My Twisted World: The Story of Elliot Rodger" is his intractable virginity, which he blamed on "the cruelness of women."

The dude was totally mental.

Sez the unpatriotic fool flying an upside down US flag for an avi.

Dude, get a grip on yourself. You need help.

Now, back to the OP:

Dude goes batshit crazy, dude murders people. The Left recoils in horror, the Right blames it on Liberals and shit like that. How quaint.

he had been batshit crazy for a long time

Forum List

Back