BREAKING NEWS--CA--Another Mass Shooting

Actually, no -- I'm simply setting a stage that allwos him to help prove the premise tha anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
As usual, he's doing an excellent job.

Hate the be the one to break it to ya but I see that coming from both sides to varying degrees.
However true that may be it does not change the fact that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty - indeed, it only concedes the point.

Fear and ignorance (emotive motivations) drives most people regardless of their political affiliations. Yes, the anti-gun cabal relies exclusively on the emotive but that wasn't my point, was it...........

What I find most amusing in this situation is that the liberals are trying to push a feminist agenda, as opposed to their typical gun-grabbing one. Go to Twitter. #YesAllWomen is one of the top trending hashtags.

You've got Tweets like "Oh, this guy in class grabbed my butt once! All men suck! #YesAllWomen"

Oh, well. It's pretty annoying, and quite vain and self-centered, for these women to hijack this tragedy for their personal gain and attention.

But if it means we aren't going to hear about Dems conspiring to take our guns...let the feminists attention whore all they want!

7 dead in Calif. drive-by shootings called 'premeditated mass murder' - CNN.com

somewhere in Santa Barbara--

madman--premeditated mass murder spree--drive by.

they have it under control.

how much money spent on this? what a way to spend Memorial Day weekend. LE needs to be rewarded----wouldn't have that job.

~~~~~
ok---Guns--Guns were used--now go--let's discuss.

~~~~~~~~
The SOB is dead.

~~~~~~~
finished with that. 'Dirty Dogs--Watch Your Back'

These 32 Dogs Are Up To Absolutely No Good. Watch Your Backs, Especially Around #3.

These things happen...no reason to change anything....moving on.

Did he cast a spell that forbids people from being locked up for any reason? Did he go around congress like dems do?

He closed down all the mental institutions....
Interesting that you need to lie to make your point.
Why is that?
In spite of your apparent need to believe in the role this grade-B movie actor was playing there is no need to lie to criticize him.
Ronald Reagan?s shameful legacy: Violence, the homeless, mental illness - Salon.com

(Too bad Hinckley couldn't afford anything better than a pawn shop .22)
Ahh... whish a man dead because you disagree with him politically.
Fine example of liberal tolerance.
That phony corporatist puppet is responsible for the decline of the American Middle Class we are seeing today.

You're arguing with a pathetic pile of pus who will never get off my ignore list because he hasn't got an argument, just rants.

Actually, no -- I'm simply setting a stage that allwos him to help prove the premise tha anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Hate the be the one to break it to ya but I see that coming from both sides to varying degrees.

The emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty used by the Gun Grabbing fascists is due to that being all they have left.

There are plenty of valid reasons to allow law abiding people to be armed and legally allowed to protect themselves, and the data backs it all up.

He closed down all the mental institutions....
Interesting that you need to lie to make your point.
Why is that?
In spite of your apparent need to believe in the role this grade-B movie actor was playing there is no need to lie to criticize him.
Ronald Reagan?s shameful legacy: Violence, the homeless, mental illness - Salon.com

Ahh... whish a man dead because you disagree with him politically.
Fine example of liberal tolerance.
That phony corporatist puppet is responsible for the decline of the American Middle Class we are seeing today.

lol, as if all the bills he signed into law did not go through a Democrat controlled Congress most of those years and they did control the House the whole time Reagan was in office.

If you think the Democrats are any less controlled by Wall Street banks and international corporations then you are ignorant and gullible.

Quite right. And we have Ronald Reagan to thank for that.

Did he cast a spell that forbids people from being locked up for any reason? Did he go around congress like dems do?

He closed down all the mental institutions and put all the inmates on the streets.

Posting a propaganda piece which ignores the truth is truly dishonest. The "blame" goes to Senator Lowell Weicker of Connecticut and Rep. Henry Waxman of California! you're dismissed.

Mental Health Advocacy, from Then to Now

He closed down all the mental institutions and put all the inmates on the streets.

Posting a propaganda piece which ignores the truth is truly dishonest. The "blame" goes to Senator Lowell Weicker of Connecticut and Rep. Henry Waxman of California! you're dismissed.

The legacy left for the Reagan cultists is best summarized by the following:

March 3, 1987 -- from a televised address in which he admitted to the findings of the Tower Commission:

"A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not."

Reagan Quotes . Reagan . WGBH American Experience | PBS

That is the man you continue to worship.

The emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty used by the Gun Grabbing fascists is due to that being all they have left.

There are plenty of valid reasons to allow law abiding people to be armed and legally allowed to protect themselves, and the data backs it all up.
Ummmm, you're preaching to the choir........ Obviously too locked in your adversarial paradigm to see what I was getting at. Oh well, I expected no less.

What prevented the rest of Congress from rejecting their legislation? The "usual suspects" blame game means -0- in this situation. The NRA isn't to blame, nor are individual members of Congress. The killer stabbed, shot & tried to run down people with an automobile. No "BANS" are applicable. The police who interviewed him less than a month ago did not find grounds for a mental health hold. Thus, no easy answers.

What I find most amusing in this situation is that the liberals are trying to push a feminist agenda, as opposed to their typical gun-grabbing one. Go to Twitter. #YesAllWomen is one of the top trending hashtags.

You've got Tweets like "Oh, this guy in class grabbed my butt once! All men suck! #YesAllWomen"

Oh, well. It's pretty annoying, and quite vain and self-centered, for these women to hijack this tragedy for their personal gain and attention.

But if it means we aren't going to hear about Dems conspiring to take our guns...let the feminists attention whore all they want!

It doesn't surprise me that the gun-grabbers want to ignore this.

First, the guy stabbed his first three victims to death...hardly a great starting point for a rant about guns.

Second, California has universal background checks, gun registration, large magazine ban and a 10 day waiting period...Elliot bought his three guns legally in California. Difficult to convince folks that these measures that they have used all their political capital to codify are worthwhile when they totally failed to stop this shooting.

Third, and most importantly, the police were warned well in advance that Rodgers was mentally unstable and planning to harm himself or others, and it didn't do a damn bit of good.

Not exactly the kind of things the gun grabbers want to advertise.

Last edited:
I, on the other hand--have had positive experiences with Pogo.

How can it be?

Once he didn't understand a post I made--happens so often here. 2 people are engaged in some form of communication--if you don't have the time or inclination to go back and focus on the 'conversation'--just walk in during the 2nd act, so to speak---you respond.

That happened once with Pogo and myself. I explained. He was cool. Have never noticed his troll-like ways.

I have to assume --that those who post here have 'their reasons' for whatever opinions they express. How difficult it is for me to try to imagine how some arrived at the conclusions they seem to have drawn--there are no words. For a few---I take some time analyze and generally say nothing---wait a while. It is so random here---I can count maybe 5 people that I can always recall their screenname and why I found their post worth reading. Been here almost 2 years.

Very challenging message board for many reasons. I have been in 'big forums before'--somewhat easier to keep up with things. One reason---the topic was a particular book--everyone that posted loved it. Disagreed on little things.

Big political issues---as far as I can tell --'not gonna happen'. so many issues---so many aspects to every issue.

How I really feel--who in the world would want to be POTUS???? Basically cannot believe why a person would/could enjoy leadership. I am clear about myself ---I don't like it, have done it---life is too short. Criticizing ---judicious about that. Will go to the 'ends of the earth' to verify that my assumptions are correct.

shrug. Pogo is fine with me. maybe a lot of others---don't have the time to really know 'everyone'. certain that there is something we might have in common. water, air?

books and friends--choose them wisely. not here to get approval--fyi.

All you need to know is "troll" is Blowie-speak for "I can't counter his argument".
That's why you don't see it. :coffee:

What’s actually amusing is that anyone would buy into such a ridiculous lie, as ‘liberals’ are neither pushing any ‘agenda’ nor do they seek to ‘grab guns.’

Both notions are hasty generalization fallacies and fundamentally ignorant.

I know you hate the fact that you can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty - but there's nothing -I- can do about that.
:dunno:

..... Link?

Still afraid to quote me huh? Must be hell, cowering in fear like that.
You and I both know it is impossible for you to cite any argumment you've made regarding gun control that does not derive from emotion, ignoreance and/or dishonesty.

You know it., You hate it. But, that's YOUR issue, and yours alone, regardless of how much you may try to avoid the issue.

I guarantee that, in responding, you'll only prove me correct.
:dunno:

I don't need to "cite" jack shit, dood. This is YOUR claim. YOU need to prove it, not me. And good luck wid it.

Thank you for proving my point. Carry on.
Interesting, I'd like to see where Pogo's promoting the far left "gun grabbing" agenda?
If I had made such a claim, I'd have the responsibility to show such a thing.

I did not, and so I have not.

So, what I -did- say continues to stand.

Aaaand he runs away from his own post. Again. More evidence that M14 can only post from ignorance, emotion or dishonesty.

Last edited:

What’s actually amusing is that anyone would buy into such a ridiculous lie, as ‘liberals’ are neither pushing any ‘agenda’ nor do they seek to ‘grab guns.’

Moreover he went all the way to Nosebook to bring in a red herring that has zero to do with this thread. That's what I call a desperation move.

One could add the idea of "grabbing" several hundred million objects in the 50 states is absurd; resources do not exist for such a project. Also, some firearms may be fashioned in a garage with adequate tools.

You are not saying the left is not committed to pushing race division or that they yell about gun control and yell how things like this are the fault of right wingers or the NRA every time there is a tragedy like this are you?

No, you are not. From both sides? Me or anyone else pointing out the hypocrisy of the left is not being political. That, is actually pointing out one side making politics out of something in order to push an obvious agenda.

Me pointing that out with this post is an example.....

Aaaannnd liberals use a tragedy again as another poignant opportunity to push their political agenda by using various irrelevant fallacies.

Proving once again their comical logic as they gather on their bandwagon of pure bullshit.

They have no ability to think for themselves and every day they prove it.

And then having pogo give me a neg with this comment......

Bring something to the table or fuck off, troll

It is rather telling what his disposition is all about with a comment like that considering I was not addressing him specifically. He sure as shit was addressing me specifically. In what way is that me trolling?

Now, I can show where and how the media (main stream media) is pushing a left wing agenda and it almost seems as though they get excited with glee when there is an incident like this where there is a mass shooting by a white guy. We have Michael Moore jumping on it and stating how white people are most dangerous.....

So, why did pogo address me like that, if he indeed is not about the typical left wing cliches. Is there something specific that I am wrong about?

This may well be the longest neg whine I've ever seen. What is it -- three days now?

I negged you because you brought absolutely nothing to the discussion. I invited you to show anything and you declined. No substance whatsoever; all you came to do was stir the shit with blanket ad hominem-- as some clown describes it, "only able to argue from ignorance, dishonesty or emotion". Nothing gets done that way.

Consider it negative reinforcement and get the fuck over it already. And when you come to a thread bring something with some thought and substance behind it instead of a simplistic troll drive by.

Forum List

Back