Breaking News: Confirmed.........Ebola Transmittable By Air

They have been given the same protocals, same safety gear, as here. Have bleach, disinfectants as here. The only thing they don't have is the isolation like a hospital here.
Silly? These workers were also taking the same precautions, yet they got sick and many have died. We only hear about the US workers.
You can't be serious.
Unprecedented number of medical staff infected with Ebola

Situation assessment - 25 August 2014

WHO Unprecedented number of medical staff infected with Ebola
5 Ebola Scientist Die Before Their Research Is Published

It says potentially....jeesh, how is it that none of the healthcare workers that worked on the mission workers didn't get ebola?

But sure, better to be cautious and equip all hospitals with respirators for each staff member.
I was speaking of in the US, so your link is pretty silly.
Incorrect. It has not been possible to take necessary precautions in third world countries. That is why Americans that have become infected have been brought to the US for treatment.

Now, with the military involved, that may change.
Silly? These workers were also taking the same precautions, yet they got sick and many have died. We only hear about the US workers.
You can't be serious.

It says potentially....jeesh, how is it that none of the healthcare workers that worked on the mission workers didn't get ebola?

But sure, better to be cautious and equip all hospitals with respirators for each staff member.
Incorrect. It has not been possible to take necessary precautions in third world countries. That is why Americans that have become infected have been brought to the US for treatment.

Or now our military will be coming down with it.

I don't believe this is aerosoled like this story suggests, but I do believe it is easier spread than people are being told. And one thing is fact, ebola mutates at incredible speed.

They have been given the same protocals, same safety gear, as here. Have bleach, disinfectants as here. The only thing they don't have is the isolation like a hospital here.
You can't be serious.

You can't be serious.

Or now our military will be coming down with it.

It spreads in africa due to the ignorance of the population.
They refuse to be quarantined,and they handle their dead without protection.

I have ebola and you are sitting next to me and I sneeze on you you have just contracted Ebola.
The particles of mucus containing the ebola virus that came out of my lungs and stuck to your eyeballs WILL infect you.

I have ebola and you are sitting next to me and I sneeze on you you have just contracted Ebola.
The particles of mucus containing the ebola virus that came out of my lungs and stuck to your eyeballs WILL infect you.

That doesnt mean it's airborne. Thats a temporary thing,kinda like throwing a cat off a roof.
It's floating in the fucking air pal.
'Semantics' won't cut it.
I have ebola and I sneeze on you and you have contracted ebola.

The Canadians conducted researches that proved Ebola can be transmitted by air in... 2012. Though at that time it was just EBOV, Zaire type of virus.
But Ebola is known for mutating fast enough. So... I'm not surprised there is a great possibility of other types of viruses becoming air transmitted.

That doesnt mean it's airborne. Thats a temporary thing,kinda like throwing a cat off a roof.

You have to be in close proximity to an infected person and have them sneeze or cough on you in order to catch ebola through the air. And it would have to contact mucus membranes or an open wound.
Walking into a room full of ebola patients does not mean you're going to catch ebola.

The Canadians conducted researches that proved Ebola can be transmitted by air in... 2012. Though at that time it was just EBOV, Zaire type of virus.
But Ebola is known for mutating fast enough. So... I'm not surprised there is a great possibility of other types of viruses becoming air transmitted.

If it ever goes truly airborne we're in for a world of shit.

You have to be in close proximity to an infected person and have them sneeze or cough on you in order to catch ebola through the air. And it would have to contact mucus membranes or an open wound.
Walking into a room full of ebola patients does not mean you're going to catch ebola.
If one of those patients sneezes and you walk through the mist of tiny mucus particles suspended in the air and even one particle touches your eyeball you have then contracted ebola.

So I suppose if someone vomits on you, while the vomit was traveling through the air it was airborne!
Play stupid semantic word games all you want pal.

Playing semantics? Dude look in the mirror.
If this were a true airborne disease the infection rate would be way higher.
I believe they said seventy hospital workers were in close proximity to the original patient in dallas. So why did only two get infected?

If it ever goes truly airborne we're in for a world of shit.

I see problem here that we are not told normal truth. I mean, lots of controversial information coming from different news sources, people speculating, even myths circling around. That creates a great ground for panic...

It is just a matter of appreciating the nuance of how the pathogens spread. An ebola patient sneezing near you and you catch it, it is technically spread by air. There is no hard and fast rule that something has to be able to float around on its own to be considered airborne. Fortunately it does not survive long outside the body.

it survives for many hours even after it has dried onto the surface. Try to keep up.

It is just a matter of appreciating the nuance of how the pathogens spread. An ebola patient sneezing near you and you catch it, it is technically spread by air. There is no hard and fast rule that something has to be able to float around on its own to be considered airborne. Fortunately it does not survive long outside the body.

it survives for many hours even after it has dried onto the surface. Try to keep up.

Many hours is not very long in the life of pathogens. try not to be hysterical.

Forum List

Back