Breaking News: Confirmed.........Ebola Transmittable By Air

It says potentially....jeesh, how is it that none of the healthcare workers that worked on the mission workers didn't get ebola?

But sure, better to be cautious and equip all hospitals with respirators for each staff member.

It is just a matter of appreciating the nuance of how the pathogens spread. An ebola patient sneezing near you and you catch it, it is technically spread by air. There is no hard and fast rule that something has to be able to float around on its own to be considered airborne. Fortunately it does not survive long outside the body.

it survives for many hours even after it has dried onto the surface. Try to keep up.

Many hours is not very long in the life of pathogens. try not to be hysterical.

no one is hysterical..your need to mischaracterize and distort is very telling, though.

"many hours" is PLENTY enough time to infect others...
Would you ride in a car with someone who has ebola? A plane?
Would you allow your wife or child to?
Try to be honest...if you can...

It says potentially....jeesh, how is it that none of the healthcare workers that worked on the mission workers didn't get ebola?

But sure, better to be cautious and equip all hospitals with respirators for each staff member.

It is just a matter of appreciating the nuance of how the pathogens spread. An ebola patient sneezing near you and you catch it, it is technically spread by air. There is no hard and fast rule that something has to be able to float around on its own to be considered airborne. Fortunately it does not survive long outside the body.

it survives for many hours even after it has dried onto the surface. Try to keep up.

no one is hysterical..your need to mischaracterize and distort is very telling, though.

It is about 6 hours outside the body and that is in blood. Less long if it is not in blood.

It is about 6 hours outside the body and that is in blood. Less long if it is not in blood.

Your data is incorrect. Go read some more.

No. how long ebola can survive in lab conditions with controlled temperature and humidity is irrelevant to what people will be dealing with. Ebola is a relatively unstable compared to other filoviruses and people weighing their risks from indirect contact with an infected person need to know what reality is, not what lab coat jockeys can stretch out of it. UV radiation (i.e. sunlight) degrades the virus and not a particularly strong mix of bleach and water is enough to kill it on surfaces. Your need to try to further the hysteria is telling.

No. how long ebola can survive in lab conditions with controlled temperature and humidity is irrelevant to what people will be dealing with. Ebola is a relatively unstable compared to other filoviruses and people weighing their risks from indirect contact with an infected person need to know what reality is, not what lab coat jockeys can stretch out of it. UV radiation (i.e. sunlight) degrades the virus and not a particularly strong mix of bleach and water is enough to kill it on surfaces. Your need to try to further the hysteria is telling.

"lab conditions"..LMAO...except ebola infects people who aren't in "lab conditions", doesn't it?
Stop making things up...you aren't looking real smart right now.
I understand your desperate need to support your president but you sound ridiculous.
You're making claims that the WHO and CDC can't even prove.

No one is hysterical? Have you checked out even half of the Ebola threads on here?

Oh..I see..you're merely looking for a way to mis characterize, disparage and demean...My error. I mistakenly thought you were interested in mature discussion...
I wasn't necessarily speaking of you, there is a lot of hysteria on this board though. To say there isn't is crazy.

No one is hysterical? Have you checked out even half of the Ebola threads on here?

Oh..I see..you're merely looking for a way to mis characterize, disparage and demean...My error. I mistakenly thought you were interested in mature discussion...
I wasn't necessarily speaking of you, there is a lot of hysteria on this board though. To say there isn't is crazy.

ebola is a disease that there is no cure for that has a 70% fatality rate..
It had never appeared in the u.s. until our lax border control allowed a person from a hot zone in.

obama said you can't get it from sitting next to someone on a bus...that isn't true.
obama said you can't get it from asymptomatic people..no one knows for sure if that's true or not yet.
obama said it can't come into this country. That obviously isn't true.
obama said we have protocols in place. That MAY be true..but "protocols" is pretty vague...and he likes vague answers...regardless these "protocols" obviously aren't sufficient.

Why does Breitbart feel the need to lie about absolutely everything? Anyone?

no...breitbart didn't say anything.
Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota said it.

The need to deny is strong, though, isn't it?

The title of this thread says "Confirmed.........Ebola Transmittable By Air"

Even the video on Breitfart says it may become possible, but unlikely.

Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota said it.

Oh...the title of the thread bothers you, partisan?
CIDRAP knows more about it than you..or breitbart...or obama.

It had never appeared in the u.s. until our lax border control allowed a person from a hot zone in.

obama said you can't get it from sitting next to someone on a bus...that isn't true.
obama said you can't get it from asymptomatic people..no one knows for sure if that's true or not yet.
obama said we have protocols in place. That MAY be true..but "protocols" is pretty vague...and he likes vague answers...regardless these "protocols" obviously aren't sufficient.
So far the fatality rate for this outbreak is ~50%. All Ebola patients transferred to the US have survived as well, treatment received here is certainly better than the treatment received in West Africa.

Unless Ebola mutates and becomes airborne I'm not to worried about it.
When you look at the relatively small number of deaths in a third world country like Africa,I dont see it becoming a huge problem with our more advanced medical practices.
But yes Obola is still a dumbass for not restricting travel.

Oh...the title of the thread bothers you, partisan?
CIDRAP knows more about it than you..or breitbart...or obama.
Does anyone have the actually comments from CIDRAP? All I find when I search for it are a bunch of right-wing news sites that are known for stretching the truth.

Why does Breitbart feel the need to lie about absolutely everything? Anyone?

Fear sells...
gloooobaaallll waaaarrrmmmiiinnngggg!!!!! we're all going to die!

It's strange that you have faith in CIDRAP (University of Minnesota) but not the majority of scientist on Climate Change.

How does Ebola spread?
When infection occurs in humans, the virus can be spread in several ways to others. Ebola is spread through direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes in, for example, the eyes, nose, or mouth) with

• blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, sweat, feces, vomit, breast milk, and semen) of a person who is sick with Ebola
  • objects (like needles and syringes) that have been contaminated with the virus
  • Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, by food. However, in Africa, Ebola may be spread as a result of handling bushmeat (wild animals hunted for food) and contact with infected bats.
  • Only a few species of mammals (for example, humans, monkeys, and apes) have shown the ability to become infected with and spread Ebola virus. There is no evidence that mosquitos or other insects can transmit Ebola virus.
Questions and Answers about Ebola and Pets Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever CDC

Nigeria is a few days away from successfully defeating Ebola. If they can do it, I'm incredibly confident that we can do it as well.

So far the fatality rate for this outbreak is ~50%. All Ebola patients transferred to the US have survived as well, treatment received here is certainly better than the treatment received in West Africa.

Eric Duncan died.

Forum List

Back