BREAKING NEWS: Large Explosion Reported on 116th Street in Manhattan

Pictures taken after:

Bih9eQ2IEAAwB31.jpg

BiiCO1DCEAEpKnx.jpg

My husband is on an airplane headed to Boston. I decided not to go but now wish I was with him.

Can't help but be concerned but this is surely not terrorist-related.

Crap.

My husband is on an airplane headed to Boston. I decided not to go but now wish I was with him.

Can't help but be concerned but this is surely not terrorist-related.

Crap.

I hope your husband is okay, Ned. They're saying that this might be a gas line that exploded. At first I thought it was terrorist related, but from what I was hearing there was a construction project going on in that area.

This is a weird coincidence. A big construction site in SF burned down yesterday....

CNN reporting Con Edison was called to the building about a gas leak just before it exploded.

That'll do it. One knucklehead jackhammers in the wrong place in the ground and it's all over. The San Francisco case I would suspect of arson. Right in the Mission district where a lot of young activists live and attend UCSF.

What's sad here is that we have so little reverence for the dead that we have to start injecting conspiracy theories into the mix. This appears to be a tragic accident, not a terrorist attack. The paranoia is indeed unfounded, but so are the accusations...

A townhouse literally blew apart in a 9 am explosion. Initial reports indicate that the tenants smelled gas the night before but the incident is under investigation by NYC authorities as well as the FBI. It brings to mind another Town House explosion in NYC Greenwich Village in March of 1970 when domestic terrorist Bill Ayers (current adviser to the president?) and his gang of Weatherscum accidentally detonated a bomb intended for Soldiers at a Ft. Dix dance.

Forum List

Back