BREAKING NEWS: Large Explosion Reported on 116th Street in Manhattan

A townhouse literally blew apart in a 9 am explosion. Initial reports indicate that the tenants smelled gas the night before but the incident is under investigation by NYC authorities as well as the FBI. .

New Yorkers win the Nobel Darwin Prize of the year.

A townhouse literally blew apart in a 9 am explosion. Initial reports indicate that the tenants smelled gas the night before but the incident is under investigation by NYC authorities as well as the FBI. It brings to mind another Town House explosion in NYC Greenwich Village in March of 1970 when domestic terrorist Bill Ayers (current adviser to the president?) and his gang of Weatherscum accidentally detonated a bomb intended for Soldiers at a Ft. Dix dance.

How are they alike?

I worked at a supermarket as a teenager. One day, we started to smell gas, and an announcement quickly came over the P.A. to evacuate the building. A construction crew was digging up the ground in preparation for the store's expansion, and a backhoe struck a gas line.

The name of the construction company was Marathon Construction, which I always suspected had something to do with how long it took them to do the job. Anyway, the next day the following graffiti appeared on a mens room stall: "Marathon Desssssssssssssssssssstruction".

This is a weird coincidence. A big construction site in SF burned down yesterday....

I saw that, yesterday. The plume of smoke was visible from pretty much the whole city.

I could see the flames very clearly from the top of Mt. Davidson.

Forum List

Back