Breaking News: New CPI inflation report lowest since 2021

Count on it. It's Darwinian.
Count on WHAT? You wishy washy useless predictions that American economy will crash sometime within 60-70 years and that it will specifically cause my personal financial doom even though you know nothing about me?

You are a joke, running your mouth about half baked fantasies in your head, imaging yourself to have some sort of insight.

Last edited:
Count on WHAT? You wishy washy useless predictions that American economy will crash sometime within 60-70 years and that it will specifically cause my personal financial doom?

You are a fucking joke, talking out our ass.
I won't be the one out in the street.

Down to 2.5%, and 0.2% month over month.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/09/11/cpi-inflation-fed-rates/

Inflation eased again in August, cementing expectations that the Federal Reserve is setto cut interest rates next week for the first time since the pandemic’s early days.

Data released Wednesday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics showed prices climbed 2.5 percent in the 12 months ending in August. That was a noticeable improvement over the 2.9 percent notched in July, in part because of falling gas prices. Prices also climbed 0.2 percent over the previous month.
Actual Headline Harris inflation level still nearly twice as high as under Trump.
Thank you for illuminating that. A leftwinger bragging about Trump, no less.

I won't be the one out in the street.
You are saying it will be me, even though you have zero clue about my finances. Zero clue about my income, debts or investments.

So you are just indulging baseless fantasies.

Why do you fantasize about me being on the street? Probaly because your ego likes thoughts about how you got one on me. It's as silly and primitive as that.

Last edited:
You are saying it will be me, even though you have zero clue about my finances.

So you are just indulging baseless fantasies.

Why do you fantasize about me being on the street? Your ego likes thoughts about how you got one on me. It's as silly and primitive as that.
Yes because you don't believe it will happen and don't know what safe investments would like like if it did because you have never given it any thought. Now if you can walk me through what would happen if the dollar was devalued and then explained to me how you have mitigated that risk then I would take it all back. But up to this point you haven't shown me that. Up to this point you seem to be in denial even though you know the national debt is out of control.

Why do you fantasize about me being on the street? Your ego likes thoughts about how you got one on me. It's as silly and primitive as that.
I don't. I'm telling you if the dollar gets devalued that there's a good chance you will. You are behaving emotionally. You don't strike me as someone who is an analytical thinker.

But hey, don't worry about it. What's the worst that could happen?

Yes because you don't believe it will happen and don't know what safe investments would like like if it did because you have never given it any thought. Now if you can walk me through what would happen if the dollar was devalued and then explained to me how you have mitigated that risk then I would take it all back. But up to this point you haven't shown me that. Up to this point you seem to be in denial even though you know the national debt is out of control.

I will fully own my house in a few years, who is it you imagine will be putting me out on the street?

Stop talking out of your ass.

I will fully own my house in a few years, who is it you imagine will be putting me out on the street?

Stop talking out of your ass.
Great. That's wonderful. Hopefully you won't lose your job and can afford the skyrocketing cost of living in a devalued dollar world.

And then there's your investments. What do you think would happen to stocks if the dollar was devalued?

Great. That's wonderful. Hopefully you won't lose your job and can afford the skyrocketing cost of living in a devalued dollar world.

And then there's your investments. What do you think would happen to stocks if the dollar was devalued?

My real income can drop by 75% in 5 years and I will STILL make ends meet.

Take your fantasies and shove them you know where.

My real income can drop by 75% in 5 years and I will STILL make ends meet.

Take your fantasies and shove them you know where.
If the dollar is devalued by 90% everything will cost 9 times more. $20 loaves of bread. $30 gallon gasoline. $30 gallon of milk.

Here's the thing, I'm actually happy you are dismissing this. I think idiots get what they deserve. You are so focused on politics you totally ignore the important things that any head of a household should be thinking about.

If the dollar is devalued by 90% everything will cost 9 times more.

1. Why not 1000%? If you are going to be pulling numbers out of your ass then just go for really impressive ones.

2. You can't even do basic math. If dollar is devalued by 90% it will have 10% of it's previous worth, in effect making everything 10 times more expensive, not 9.

clown-economy-global-flat-design-clown-economy-global-flat-design-illustration-good-use-presentation-191958934.jpg

Last edited:
1. Why not 1000%? If you are going to be pulling numbers out of your ass then just go for extra big ones.
Because that's not realistic. 90% is a high side realistic number.

Do you know what happens to stock prices of US companies when the dollar goes up or down? Do you know what would happen to them if the dollar went way down? Be careful... it's a complicated answer that has to do with tangible assets, intrinsic value and numerical representation of intrinsic value.

Because that's not realistic.

Thats just another one of your half-baked based on nothing ideas as you have no idea what is realistic or within what timeframe.

Btw did you know that if dollar is devalued by 90% it has only 10% purchasing power left, which makes things effectively 10 times more expensive? :itsok:

Thats just another one of your half-baked based on nothing ideas as you have no idea what is realistic or within what timeframe.

Btw did you know that if dollar is devalued by 90% it has only 10% purchasing power, which makes things effectively 10 times more expensive? :itsok:
Like I said, don't give it a second thought. You'll be fine. Go back to worrying about politics. That's much more relevant to your life than financial planning. You probably don't even need any money put away for retirement.

Forum List

Back