Breaking News: New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin Just Convicted On 20 Out Of 21 Counts

Nagin helped America when the president didn't.

Hero of Katrina is right. Along with Honore. Two black men gave a damn about N.O., while The White House acted it like it took a week to find Louisiana.

When you black like that, you gotta know not to do anything wrong, especially taking money from white men with conservative southern connections while in office.

This was payback. They were gonna "get him", one way or another.

He was the mayor of America?

You can keep digging deeper if you want to but this just in: Republicans get to vote in New Orleans too. In fact, check this out: you don't even have to belong to a party. I know this because I did it.

And again, attributing the actions of a corrupt asshole to the citizens who elected him -- rather than to the corrupt asshole himself -- is just fucking goofy.

Actuallly Nagin did a strong job with Cox before he ran for mayor. Took the local franchise from worst to first in the company, something like that, plus he had a TV talk show on the channel to be in touch with the customers, so he had some face recognition. It was a decent legacy to run on if the people wanted an "outsider", which they did. So he ran as a successful businessman to appeal to his Republicans and ran as a listed Democrat to appeal to the auto-voters who hold the traditional power in that city.

The fact that he then succumbed to the temptations of power speaks to his weak character personally --- not his (floating) party affiliation politically.

You are the one digging ... He never got elected to anything until he was a Democrat.
He worked for a lot more places than Cox Cable as well ... Like he started in Detroit.

But that still doesn't address the fact he got elected as a Democrat by Democrats and was the crook he is ... Keep Digging.

He NEVER RAN FOR anything before that. DUH.

And once again --- voting in New Orleans is not confined to Democrats. I've never been a Democrat and I voted every election day. Explain that.

I don't know where you get this wacko idea that only Democrats can vote. I really don't.

On felony bribery and fraud to become the first mayor of New Orleans to ever be convicted of a crime. He faces well over 20 years in prison and showed no emotion in court when the verdict was read.

wwltv.com | New Orleans News, Weather, Radars, Hurricane, NOLA

Nagin charges count-by-count

Count 1- Conspiracy to commit fraud and bribery: Guilty
Count 2- Bribery… accepted $60K from Rodney Williams: Guilty
Count 3- Bribery… accepted $2,250 from Rodney Williams: Guilty
Count 4- Bribery… granite from Frank Fradella in June 2008: Guilty
Count 5- Bribery… $50K from Michael McGrath & Frank Fradella : Guilty
Count 6- Bribery… granite from Frank Fradella in Aug. 2008: Guilty
Count 7- Bribery… $10K from Rodney Williams: Not Guilty
Count 8- Wire Fraud… 7/10 wire payment from Frank Fradella: Guilty
Count 9- Wire Fraud… 8/10 wire payment from Frank Fradella: Guilty
Count 10-Wire Fraud… 9/10 wire payment from Frank Fradella: Guilty
Count 11-Wire Fraud… 10/10 wire payment from Frank Fradella: Guilty
Count 12-Wire Fraud… 11/10 wire payment from Frank Fradella: Guilty
Count 13-Wire Fraud… 12/10 wire payment from Frank Fradella: Guilty
Count 14-Wire Fraud… 1/11 wire payment from Frank Fradella: Guilty
Count 15-Wire Fraud… 2/11 wire payment from Frank Fradella: Guilty
Count 16-Wire Fraud… 3/11 wire payment from Frank Fradella: Guilty
Count 17- Money Laundering Conspiracy: Guilty
Count 18- False Tax Return 2005: Guilty
Count 19- False Tax Return 2006: Guilty
Count 20- False Tax Return 2007: Guilty
Count 21- False Tax Return 2008: Guilty

I'm sure that he and his family are pretty "bummed out" about it. I heard that he could have taken a 5 year plea deal but he chose to go to trial instead. Bad move on his part.............

Typical far left mind set thinking that all business men are (R)'s.

Who said that?

The far left!

Really.

And where does this "far left" put out its press releases? Link? Quote? Anything?

strawman.jpg

Next...

On felony bribery and fraud to become the first mayor of New Orleans to ever be convicted of a crime. He faces well over 20 years in prison and showed no emotion in court when the verdict was read.

I'm sure that he and his family are pretty "bummed out" about it. I heard that he could have taken a 5 year plea deal but he chose to go to trial instead. Bad move on his part.............

Nagin has always had way more arrogance than smarts. And I speak from personal observations as well as public actions.

The Mayor of "Chocolate City", who rode out hurricane Katrina in a drunken Hurricane party in a Hotel room while the rescue buses sit idle and his constituents drowned is finally getting his com-uppins'.

B-b-b-bu-bu- but it was Bush's fault.

The school buses sitting in water were a muckraker journalism tactic to sell viewers. In fact the mayor didn't have the authority to commandeer them.
The man's still a sleazeball opportunist asshole, but there's no reason to run on myths.

that 16 year old kid didnt wait to be givin permission to commandeer the bus he took....he saved a lot of people.....sometimes things happen and to save lives you may have to do something without getting permission...taking the initiative and commandeering those buses was one of those moments....its what leaders do....or are supposed to anyway... Nagin showed he aint much of a leader.....

You are the one digging ... He never got elected to anything until he was a Democrat.
He worked for a lot more places than Cox Cable as well ... Like he started in Detroit.

But that still doesn't address the fact he got elected as a Democrat by Democrats and was the crook he is ... Keep Digging.

And once again --- voting in New Orleans is not confined to Democrats. I've never been a Democrat and I voted every election day. Explain that.

I don't know where you get this wacko idea that only Democrats can vote. I really don't.

He may have been a Republican when it didn't mean anything in his political career ... And when he got elected it was as a Democrat ... Double DUH.
You look up the statistics on Democrats voting for Democrats in New Orleans ... I know they do and I am not trying to say otherwise ... Double DUH.
Your are the one that said he probably switched to the Democrat party so he could get elected in New Orleans ... Double DUH ... Keep Digging!

I know Bush is a good Christian, but ya still have to think he is off somewhere cracking a little smile. Nagin got his. Good riddance.

The Mayor of "Chocolate City", who rode out hurricane Katrina in a drunken Hurricane party in a Hotel room while the rescue buses sit idle and his constituents drowned is finally getting his com-uppins'.

B-b-b-bu-bu- but it was Bush's fault.

The school buses sitting in water were a muckraker journalism tactic to sell viewers. In fact the mayor didn't have the authority to commandeer them.
The man's still a sleazeball opportunist asshole, but there's no reason to run on myths.

that 16 year old kid didnt wait to be givin permission to commandeer the bus he took....he saved a lot of people.....sometimes things happen and to save lives you may have to do something without getting permission...taking the initiative and commandeering those buses was one of those moments....its what leaders do....or are supposed to anyway... Nagin showed he aint much of a leader.....

Nagin was never much of a leader except for his own pocket, but I gotta love this-- an elected official who oversteps his authority is a "dictator" that must be "impeached", while an elected official who fails to overstep his authority is "not a leader'. Hard to please some people :lol:

In any case the original claim about the school buses is bullshit and called out as such.

As for the kid, he didn't "save" them; he just drove them out of town. The storm and the levee breaks and flooding had already happened by then.

Hey, I drove another person and a dog out... before the storm. The residence where they both live took eight feet of water. Her neighbors who chose to stay behind woke up that night to find themselves in bed, floating, and their brand new car outside submerged. They had to be rescued by helicopter.

There are always those in hurricane areas who refuse to leave and ride it out. Until Katrina I never evacuated either.

Last edited:

He may have been a Republican when it didn't mean anything in his political career ... And when he got elected it was as a Democrat ... Double DUH.
You look up the statistics on Democrats voting for Democrats in New Orleans ... I know they do and I am not trying to say otherwise ... Double DUH.
Your are the one that said he probably switched to the Democrat party so he could get elected in New Orleans ... Double DUH ... Keep Digging!

I didn't say "probably". Everybody knew it. As I said he took shit for it from other Democrats when he went to run for office the first time.

So what anyway?

Triple DUH.

No, not myth; fact.

>> He did not achieve, or seek, any other public office prior to his election in 2002. More controversially, Nagin had actually been a registered Republican for most of his adult life, switching to the Democrats shortly before seeking office, for which his candidacy was branded as opportunistic in the solidly Democrat city. Nagin was, at that time, a known Bush supporter, having contributed to the president’s campaign. Nagin entered the New Orleans mayoral race a political unknown but emerged through the middle of a crowded field of known Democrats, securing vital cross-party and in-party endorsements for his populist pledges to tackle city hall corruption and run the administration in a more business-like manner. << ( CityMayors.com)

He switched to the DP to get elected, knowing no Republican has been elected to that office since the 19th century. He took a lot of shit in the local press for doing that when he first ran too.

Now -- whether he's married to this party, that party, or no party, has nothing to do with his being a corrupt opportunistic asshole. But since Deltex and Lumpy brought the myth in, I shot it down. And if you want to try to give it wings all over again, I'll shoot it down all over again.

Don't try to bullshit me -- I lived there through the whole thing. I know better.

:eusa_hand:

It doesn't matter who Ray Nagin thought he was ... He is a crook and was elected into office by the Democrats ... Not the Republicans or Conservatives.
If you want to act like he wasn't elected by Democrats ... And was put into office by Conservatives or Republicans ... You don't have any ammo to shoot anything down.

You can keep shooting blanks if you want to.

You can keep digging deeper if you want to but this just in: Republicans get to vote in New Orleans too. In fact, check this out: you don't even have to belong to a party. I know this because I did it.

And again, attributing the actions of a corrupt asshole to the citizens who elected him (or to whatever party he claims that week) -- rather than to the corrupt asshole himself -- is just fucking goofy.

Actuallly Nagin did a strong job with Cox before he ran for mayor. Took the local franchise from worst to first in the company, something like that, plus he had a TV talk show on the channel to be in touch with the customers, so he had some face recognition. It was a decent legacy to run on if the people wanted an "outsider", which they did. So he ran as a successful businessman to appeal to his Republicans and ran as a listed Democrat to appeal to the auto-voters who hold the traditional power in that city.

The fact that he then succumbed to the temptations of power speaks to his weak character personally --- not his (floating) party affiliation politically.
yes he did.....he should have stayed with them....

Aaaaww... mista cho-co-late city... gots his ass in trubbow... oooooo-wee... bettin' he neva sow that's comin'.

He's a racist POS. I hope his ass rots in prison.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter who Ray Nagin thought he was ... He is a crook and was elected into office by the Democrats ... Not the Republicans or Conservatives.
If you want to act like he wasn't elected by Democrats ... And was put into office by Conservatives or Republicans ... You don't have any ammo to shoot anything down.

You can keep shooting blanks if you want to.

And again, attributing the actions of a corrupt asshole to the citizens who elected him (or to whatever party he claims that week) -- rather than to the corrupt asshole himself -- is just fucking goofy.

yes he did.....he should have stayed with them....

And it puts the lie to that fallacy of electing a leader based on his being "experienced" in business, as opposed to government, as was trotted out on Mitt Romney's behalf in 2012. As we kept noting then, the objectives of business and the objectives of government are at polar opposites; government (ideally) exists for the benefit of its population base, while business exists to enrich itself at the expense of its population base.

Nagin populated his office with business people, i.e. the people from his world. And apparently populated his wallet with them too.

I didn't say "probably". Everybody knew it. As I said he took shit for it from other Democrats when he went to run for office the first time.

So what anyway?

Triple DUH.

So what ... You made a bogus irrelevant point that Ray Nagin may have been a Republican before he ever gained office as a Democrat.
That is pretty much what I stated in the initial post you felt like, and still feel like arguing with Peanut.
Keep Arguing ... Keep Digging ... And Keep Duh'ing yourself.

Nagin was never much of a leader except for his own pocket, but I gotta love this-- an elected official who oversteps his authority is a "dictator" that must be "impeached", while an elected official who fails to overstep his authority is "not a leader'. Hard to please some people :lol:

In any case the original claim about the school buses is bullshit and called out as such.

As for the kid, he didn't "save" them; he just drove them out of town. The storm and the levee breaks and flooding had already happened by then.

Hey, I drove another person and a dog out... before the storm. The residence where they both live took eight feet of water. Her neighbors who chose to stay behind woke up that night to find themselves in bed, floating, and their brand new car outside submerged. They had to be rescued by helicopter.

There are always those in hurricane areas who refuse to leave and ride it out. Until Katrina I never evacuated either.

there is a difference in overstepping your authority if you are doing something unconstitutional while governing...as compared to overstepping your authority during a natural disaster and lives are at stake and there is no time to get permission.... im sure you are smart enough to know the difference Pogo....

As for the kid, he didn't "save" them; he just drove them out of town.

did he not save them?.....they sure as hell were not getting out of there waiting for the Govt to get them out....

It's a dead horse. He was a life long democrat. The republican myth is just weird

"I want New Orleans to remain a chocolate city"....

Forum List

Back