Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

And here's another thing to consider: The number of workers (i.e., people who draw a paycheck signed by somebody else) outnumber by far the number of business owners and corporate big shots.

So if you conservatives ever want to get a firm foothold in governing this country, you'd better stop shitting on the worker.

Ah, gives me a headache. Celebrating American Workers making less than counterparts made 30-40 years ago? WTF?? Seriously, sometimes i get very ashamed of my Republican friends.

Ah, gives me a headache. Celebrating American Workers making less than counterparts made 30-40 years ago? WTF?? Seriously, sometimes i get very ashamed of my Republican friends.
Me too. But what's that got to do with the topic?

What is a shit wage? Once they get $15, they'll still be on minimum and demand more. They'll spit in burgers regardless of money they make.

Nah, they'll be less inclined to spit in your soda if they're making a decent wage. You definitely want happy & prosperous workers waiting on you in restaurants. Trust me, it's for the best.

I don't think they're doing it to good customers. Now if you're an asshole to them, then you should worry.

Trust me, you really do want happy & prosperous workers waiting on you in restaurants especially. But happy & prosperous workers make for better workers overall. They're proud of their work and happy to serve.

You never told us how much is a fair wage. Lets say that everyone is doing exactly the same job, how much should they be paid? Is it the same in NYC as in Fargo ND? Is it the same for a single guy living with his parents as for a married guy with 4 kids? Is it the same for a teenager working for pocket money as for a single mom?

And finally, who decides what is a fair wage? Who is this omnipitant wage setter?
They will never say what a fair wage is, they wont their tiny brains can not compute economics ..or the bottom line...

But spell a word wrong or use improper Grammar, these liberal English useless majors will be all over you
Either that or they understand that the question you ask is highly subjective and requires the consideration of various factors. In the end the minimum wage in any particular region or area may or may not be considered fair, and is determined by elected officials on federal, state and local governments.
The idea that outsiders should dictate how the people of a specific city determine a minimum wage, or even have an interest seems totally opposed to conservative or Republican ideology. The people of Seattle are making a determination based on what they want for their city. As long as it adheres to state and federal guidelines and laws everyone else in America should mind their own business.

Yes we know, you're proud American Workers are making less than GM Workers made 30yrs ago. Makes perfect sense. Seriously, you really should reconsider your Corporate-bootlicking and greed. You've lost your way.

wrong again. he american blue collar workers in the car factories in the south are making good wage, good benefits, good working conditions, and good retirement programs. They don't need to give any money to the UAW fat cats so they they can sit on their yachts eating fancy meals.

Mercedes, BMW, Subaru, Honda, Toyota, VW, Kia, Mazda, Nissan---------thousands of good paying blue collar american jobs-----------and no fricken union dues. Not only that, but they are putting out excellent products at competitive prices.

Because of the Un-American practice of Outsourcing and hateful greedy Americans, those workers are now making less $$ than their counterparts made 30-40 years ago.

Congratulations guys! You did it! American Workers are now broke and need Welfare Entitlements just to survive. A resounding success. Thank you. :cuckoo:

exactly how is assembling foreign cars in the USA outsourcing? and you are totally full of shit claiming that they make less than UAW workers made 30-40 years ago. that is one of your most stupid claims ever.

I've seen this before. Don't expect any change.

the guy calls himself paulitician, but he is a raving liberal. But liberal lying has been documented many times already.

I am 'Liberal' on some issues. But so what? Not everything Liberal is 'Bad.' Doing what's right is far more important than being obsessed with adhering to a rigid inflexible Political Ideology.

Me too. But what's that got to do with the topic?

Some were here celebrating the fact most Auto Workers now make less than their counterparts made 30-40 years ago. Nothing to celebrate. In fact, it's pretty shameful. We are the wealthiest nation on earth, no?

Yes we know, you're proud American Workers are making less than GM Workers made 30yrs ago. Makes perfect sense. Seriously, you really should reconsider your Corporate-bootlicking and greed. You've lost your way.

Actually, when I was working in Mercedes Tuscaloosa plant, workers there seem pretty happy to me.

You've lost your way son. Listen to yourself sometime. You celebrate American Workers making less than their counterparts made 30yrs ago. You've allowed your hate & greed to consume you.

Not really. I celebrate that I am paid what my work is worth. I could work for any of big three, but apparently they cant afford me.

No, you were giddy with excitement celebrating American Workers making less than their counterparts made 30-40 years ago. All so you could get your car a little cheaper. That's the ultimate in hateful greed. You have lost your way son.

You assuming a lot, since I haven't said any of that.

And I am ok with what I am paying for my car, so I don't know why are you worrying about it.

Yes, you want American Workers to make less so you can pay less for your car. It is the ultimate in hate and greed. And now American Workers are broke and need Welfare Entitlements to survive. Congrats! You did it! Nice job.

And here's another thing to consider: The number of workers (i.e., people who draw a paycheck signed by somebody else) outnumber by far the number of business owners and corporate big shots.

So if you conservatives ever want to get a firm foothold in governing this country, you'd better stop shitting on the worker.

Rise Helots! Rise! It's how the Helots finally defeated the mighty Spartans. They finally realized they had the numbers. The Spartans didn't have a chance.

Now American Helots need to come to the same realization. There's strength in numbers. And they have the numbers. So it's onto victory.

Nah, they'll be less inclined to spit in your soda if they're making a decent wage. You definitely want happy & prosperous workers waiting on you in restaurants. Trust me, it's for the best.

I don't think they're doing it to good customers. Now if you're an asshole to them, then you should worry.

Trust me, you really do want happy & prosperous workers waiting on you in restaurants especially. But happy & prosperous workers make for better workers overall. They're proud of their work and happy to serve.

You never told us how much is a fair wage. Lets say that everyone is doing exactly the same job, how much should they be paid? Is it the same in NYC as in Fargo ND? Is it the same for a single guy living with his parents as for a married guy with 4 kids? Is it the same for a teenager working for pocket money as for a single mom?

And finally, who decides what is a fair wage? Who is this omnipitant wage setter?
They will never say what a fair wage is, they wont their tiny brains can not compute economics ..or the bottom line...

But spell a word wrong or use improper Grammar, these liberal English useless majors will be all over you
Either that or they understand that the question you ask is highly subjective and requires the consideration of various factors. In the end the minimum wage in any particular region or area may or may not be considered fair, and is determined by elected officials on federal, state and local governments.
The idea that outsiders should dictate how the people of a specific city determine a minimum wage, or even have an interest seems totally opposed to conservative or Republican ideology. The people of Seattle are making a determination based on what they want for their city. As long as it adheres to state and federal guidelines and laws everyone else in America should mind their own business.

Most of my Republican friends have absolutely no problem with local businesses demanding Tax Dollars by way of Tax Breaks and so on. They just love Big Government then.

But when it comes to Workers, they're all "Government needs to stay out of it!!" Very hateful and hypocritical. I'm ashamed of my Republican friends on issues like this.

The idea that outsiders should dictate the wage (minimum, maximum, or otherwise) for any individual is an affront to personal liberty. The wages negotiated between an employer and an employee are no one else's business.

The idea that outsiders should determine the wage (minimum, maximum, or otherwise) for any individual is an affront to personal liberty. The wages negotiated between an employer and an employee are no one else's business.

Ha, businesses love Big Government just fine when it's giving em Tax Breaks & $$. However, when it comes to Workers, they're all about "Government needs to stay out of it!!"

Well, too bad. Government's in it. Can't always go your way. Sometimes the lowly Workers catch a small break. Good for them.

The idea that outsiders should determine the wage (minimum, maximum, or otherwise) for any individual is an affront to personal liberty. The wages negotiated between an employer and an employee are no one else's business.

Ha, businesses love Big Government just fine when it's giving em Tax Breaks & $$.

What you're not getting is that they also love it when government dictates our economic decisions because they know they can control it.

The idea that outsiders should dictate the wage (minimum, maximum, or otherwise) for any individual is an affront to personal liberty. The wages negotiated between an employer and an employee are no one else's business.
You don't have a right to flood my neighborhood or community with undesirable people who will bring crime to my community while you profit off of my communities destruction. You will not be allowed to create a desperate class of people who are forced to take desperate measures to feed and house their children at my communities expense so that you can profit.

What is a shit wage? Once they get $15, they'll still be on minimum and demand more. They'll spit in burgers regardless of money they make.

How about no less than 60x less than the CEO takes home. Or whatever is a living wage. Its all just funny money anyways.

why? why not 70x or 30x or 90x. whats magic about 60x? Who should invoke those limits, the govt? the shareholders? Should the CEO stop working and go on vacation when he/she kits the magic 60x?

this is foolishness, but you jealousy of successful people is noted.

Most of my Republican friends have absolutely no problem with local businesses demanding Tax Dollars by way of Tax Breaks and so on. They just love Big Government then.

But when it comes to Workers, they're all "Government needs to stay out of it!!" Very hateful and hypocritical. I'm ashamed of my Republican friends on issues like this.

the USA has the highest corporate tax rate in the entire world. you are full of shit on this, just as you are on everything else.

there is no reason for an employment contract to be considered confidential. it may not be as well published as a newspaper, but it may require some proof for full faith and credit purposes.

I've asked that question a thousand times here. What is a decent livable wage in America today? I've asked people to put a number on it. Most decline and run as far away from the question as fast as possible. So i'll ask you too. What do you think is a decent livable wage for average Americans? Put a number out there.

You need to explain first what "livable wage" is.

No i don't. I'm asking you personally to put a number out there. What do you think is a decent livable wage for an American Worker today?

It is whatever the worker and employer agree on. No one is forced to work for less than he thinks he is worth.

Everyone is forced to work for less than he or she thinks they're worth.

Forced? don't think so. you are free to not work and live under a bridge somewhere. no one is forced to work.

I never will. I drive a mercedes and a BMW, both assembled in the USA in non-union factories in the south.

wrong again. he american blue collar workers in the car factories in the south are making good wage, good benefits, good working conditions, and good retirement programs. They don't need to give any money to the UAW fat cats so they they can sit on their yachts eating fancy meals.

Mercedes, BMW, Subaru, Honda, Toyota, VW, Kia, Mazda, Nissan---------thousands of good paying blue collar american jobs-----------and no fricken union dues. Not only that, but they are putting out excellent products at competitive prices.

Because of the Un-American practice of Outsourcing and hateful greedy Americans, those workers are now making less $$ than their counterparts made 30-40 years ago.

Congratulations guys! You did it! American Workers are now broke and need Welfare Entitlements just to survive. A resounding success. Thank you. :cuckoo:

exactly how is assembling foreign cars in the USA outsourcing? and you are totally full of shit claiming that they make less than UAW workers made 30-40 years ago. that is one of your most stupid claims ever.

On average, they make less and have far less benefits. And that's thanks to you guys. Nice job. With friends like you?...

if you have some proof of that, lets see it.

Forum List

Back