Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

Ah, give the workin stiffs a break. They're not asking for riches. They're just asking for a decent livable wage. I don't think that's too much to ask of the richest nation on earth.

Actually, no they're not asking for it. They're not asking for the wages they want, but they turn around and demanding government action because they're not getting the wages they want.

It's very simple, if you want a certain wage you negotiate for that wage before you accept the position. If the company is not willing to give you that wage you find out what it would take to get up to that point (and then do it), or find someone else who is willing to pay the wage you want. The problem is that we live in a day where most people don't bother advocating for their wages. They expect the best wages to simply be handed over to them. They want the best offer to be spoon fed to them, without having to pursue it. That is the reason wages suck nowadays, and the only way to reverse the trend in sucky wages is to reverse the behaviors of not taking personal responsibility for your wages.

One thing I know for certain, when people (like you) start justifying child rape as some kind of acceptable revenge for low wages, it's proof positive that the world is fucked if we don't get our shit together, and fast.

Filipinos Say They Worked For $3 Per Hour As U.S. Guestworkers

Eleven Filipino bakery workers say they were lured to the U.S. by the promise of high wages to support their poor families back home. Instead, they claim in a lawsuit filed Wednesday in California court, they were forced to work 14-hour days for as little $3 an hour, threatened with debt and deportation if they spoke up about their working conditions.

More: Filipinos Say They Worked For $3 Per Hour As U.S. Guestworkers

Welcome to America! Land of unbridled capitalistic greed.

Eleven Filipino bakery workers say they were lured to the U.S. by the promise of high wages to support their poor families back home. Instead, they claim in a lawsuit filed Wednesday in California court, they were forced to work 14-hour days for as little $3 an hour, threatened with debt and deportation if they spoke up about their working conditions.

You forget to mention this:

The workers are now suing the Los Angeles bakery and its owners, a Filipino couple...

This is an excellent example of why the United States needs a more restrictive immigration policy. We constantly import a substantial amount of other countries' trash.

You forget to mention this:

The workers are now suing the Los Angeles bakery and its owners, a Filipino couple...

This is an excellent example of why the United States needs a more restrictive immigration policy. We constantly import a substantial amount of other countries' trash.

"A Filipino couple"? That makes it even more despicable that they would cheat their own people!

The idea that outsiders should dictate how the people of a specific city determine a minimum wage, or even have an interest seems totally opposed to conservative or Republican ideology. The people of Seattle are making a determination based on what they want for their city. As long as it adheres to state and federal guidelines and laws everyone else in America should mind their own business.

The idea that outsiders should dictate the wage (minimum, maximum, or otherwise) for any individual is an affront to personal liberty. The wages negotiated between an employer and an employee are no one else's business.
You don't have a right to flood my neighborhood or community with undesirable people who will bring crime to my community while you profit off of my communities destruction. You will not be allowed to create a desperate class of people who are forced to take desperate measures to feed and house their children at my communities expense so that you can profit.
I gave no idea what you're going on about. I've not claimed a right, nor do i have a desire, to do any of that.

The idea that outsiders should dictate how the people of a specific city determine a minimum wage, or even have an interest seems totally opposed to conservative or Republican ideology. The people of Seattle are making a determination based on what they want for their city. As long as it adheres to state and federal guidelines and laws everyone else in America should mind their own business.

The idea that outsiders should determine the wage (minimum, maximum, or otherwise) for any individual is an affront to personal liberty. The wages negotiated between an employer and an employee are no one else's business.

Ha, businesses love Big Government just fine when it's giving em Tax Breaks & $$.

What you're not getting is that they also love it when government dictates our economic decisions because they know they can control it.

Most Republicans i know, have no problem with businesses lobbying Government for handouts. So they like Big Government interference just fine. But only if it benefits them. When it comes to Workers wanting a piece of the pie, they're all about "Government should stay out of it!!"

Seriously, i really am ashamed of my Republican friends on issues like this. Their greed and hypocrisy is pretty embarrassing.

I've asked that question a thousand times here. What is a decent livable wage in America today? I've asked people to put a number on it. Most decline and run as far away from the question as fast as possible. So i'll ask you too. What do you think is a decent livable wage for average Americans? Put a number out there.

You need to explain first what "livable wage" is.

No i don't. I'm asking you personally to put a number out there. What do you think is a decent livable wage for an American Worker today?

It is whatever the worker and employer agree on. No one is forced to work for less than he thinks he is worth.

Everyone is forced to work for less than he or she thinks they're worth.

Forced? don't think so. you are free to not work and live under a bridge somewhere. no one is forced to work.

With 'good' people like you around, more & more Americans are living under bridges. Thank you. Nice job. Give yourselves a big round of applause. :clap:

The idea that outsiders should determine the wage (minimum, maximum, or otherwise) for any individual is an affront to personal liberty. The wages negotiated between an employer and an employee are no one else's business.

Ha, businesses love Big Government just fine when it's giving em Tax Breaks & $$.

What you're not getting is that they also love it when government dictates our economic decisions because they know they can control it.

Most Republicans i know, have no problem with businesses lobbying Government for handouts. So they like Big Government interference just fine. But only if it benefits them. When it comes to Workers wanting a piece of the pie, they're all about "Government should stay out of it!!"

Seriously, i really am ashamed of my Republican friends on issues like this. Their greed and hypocrisy is pretty embarrassing.
You said that already. If you can't address the points I'm raising, please don't quote my posts.

Yes we know, you're proud American Workers are making less than GM Workers made 30yrs ago. Makes perfect sense. Seriously, you really should reconsider your Corporate-bootlicking and greed. You've lost your way.

wrong again. he american blue collar workers in the car factories in the south are making good wage, good benefits, good working conditions, and good retirement programs. They don't need to give any money to the UAW fat cats so they they can sit on their yachts eating fancy meals.

Mercedes, BMW, Subaru, Honda, Toyota, VW, Kia, Mazda, Nissan---------thousands of good paying blue collar american jobs-----------and no fricken union dues. Not only that, but they are putting out excellent products at competitive prices.

Because of the Un-American practice of Outsourcing and hateful greedy Americans, those workers are now making less $$ than their counterparts made 30-40 years ago.

Congratulations guys! You did it! American Workers are now broke and need Welfare Entitlements just to survive. A resounding success. Thank you. :cuckoo:

exactly how is assembling foreign cars in the USA outsourcing? and you are totally full of shit claiming that they make less than UAW workers made 30-40 years ago. that is one of your most stupid claims ever.

On average, they make less and have far less benefits. And that's thanks to you guys. Nice job. With friends like you?...

if you have some proof of that, lets see it.

Do your own research. They are making less and receiving less benefits. But i guess that's considered progress to you greedy Corporate-bootlickers.
Ah, give the workin stiffs a break. They're not asking for riches. They're just asking for a decent livable wage. I don't think that's too much to ask of the richest nation on earth.

Actually, no they're not asking for it. They're not asking for the wages they want, but they turn around and demanding government action because they're not getting the wages they want.

It's very simple, if you want a certain wage you negotiate for that wage before you accept the position. If the company is not willing to give you that wage you find out what it would take to get up to that point (and then do it), or find someone else who is willing to pay the wage you want. The problem is that we live in a day where most people don't bother advocating for their wages. They expect the best wages to simply be handed over to them. They want the best offer to be spoon fed to them, without having to pursue it. That is the reason wages suck nowadays, and the only way to reverse the trend in sucky wages is to reverse the behaviors of not taking personal responsibility for your wages.

One thing I know for certain, when people (like you) start justifying child rape as some kind of acceptable revenge for low wages, it's proof positive that the world is fucked if we don't get our shit together, and fast.

You guys crack me up sometimes. You're all for Big Government intervention when you're lobbying Government for Tax Breaks and $$. Many businesses all across America routinely beg Government for handouts. They're pretty ok with Big Government interference then.

But God forbid the struggling workers try to get a piece of the pie. Then it's "Government should not get involved!!" from you guys. It really is awfully greedy and hypocritical.

You need to get out more.

You said that already. If you can't address the points I'm raising, please don't quote my posts.

I did address it. You're just fine with Big Government interference in business if it benefits you. Otherwise, you're all "Government should stay out of it!!" Such high & mighty hypocrisy. Shame on ya.

I do. That's why i nail you disingenuous haters so easily. I have many Republican friends. I know how some of you think. Y'all just hate that Government interference in business if it helps workers. But you're all for it if it helps you. You don't fool me. I know you. ;)

I did address it. You're just fine with Big Government interference in business if it benefits you. Otherwise, you're all "Government should stay out of it!!" Such high & mighty hypocrisy. Shame on ya.

Bullshit. You ignored my post entirely and posted the same drivel over again. You're just spamming on automatic. I'm not at all fine with government interference to benefit big business. I fight against it as a rule. If you paid any attention - if you actually read the posts you respond to - you'd know that.

Bullshit. You ignored my post entirely and posted the same drivel over again. You're just spamming on automatic. I'm not at all fine with government interference to benefit big business. I fight against it as a rule. If you paid any attention - if you actually read the posts you respond to - you'd know that.

Big Government interference isn't only happening in big business. Thousands of American businesses lobby Government for handouts daily. And guess what? They get em for the most part.

Government is involved with American businesses in a big way. So personally, i don't mind the struggling Worker catching a small break every now & then. Good for them.

I do. That's why i nail you disingenuous haters so easily. I have many Republican friends. I know how some of you think. Y'all just hate that Government interference in business if it helps workers. But you're all for it if it helps you. You don't fool me. I know you. ;)

The mere fact that you spew that garbage belies your statement.

Good luck getting that to happen.

A. You don't know any Republicans.
B. You have no friends.

Big Government interference isn't only happening in big business. Thousands of American businesses lobby Government for handouts daily. And guess what? They get em for the most part.

Government is involved with American businesses in a big way. So personally, i don't mind the struggling Worker catching a small break every now & then. Good for them.

Minimum wage isn't "the struggling Worker catching a small break". It's a ruse to distract the idiots. It works squarely against the values you claim to stand for.

Last edited:
Nah, they'll be less inclined to spit in your soda if they're making a decent wage. You definitely want happy & prosperous workers waiting on you in restaurants. Trust me, it's for the best.

I don't think they're doing it to good customers. Now if you're an asshole to them, then you should worry.

Trust me, you really do want happy & prosperous workers waiting on you in restaurants especially. But happy & prosperous workers make for better workers overall. They're proud of their work and happy to serve.

You never told us how much is a fair wage. Lets say that everyone is doing exactly the same job, how much should they be paid? Is it the same in NYC as in Fargo ND? Is it the same for a single guy living with his parents as for a married guy with 4 kids? Is it the same for a teenager working for pocket money as for a single mom?

And finally, who decides what is a fair wage? Who is this omnipitant wage setter?
How about no less than 60x less than the CEO takes home. Or whatever is a living wage. Its all just funny money anyways.

why? why not 70x or 30x or 90x. whats magic about 60x? Who should invoke those limits, the govt? the shareholders? Should the CEO stop working and go on vacation when he/she kits the magic 60x?

this is foolishness, but you jealousy of successful people is noted.
No ones worth 600x the lowest paid workers. My bro makes over $500k a year. That's ridiculous. But good for him. And good for the union guys getting their fair share.

Forum List

Back