Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

Yeah, but aren't you the one who claimed $5 an hr is a decent livable wage in today's America? Surprised you're still here. Thought you got laughed off the thread awhile ago.

I mean, American Workers can't take people like you very seriously. They know what you're all about. You're part of the crowd that sent so many good-paying jobs out of the country. You just can't be trusted.

I never said 5 an hour was a liveable wage. Feel free to fond where I said that and quote it

And I have never sent one job out of the country in fact I employ 11 people right here in my state.
You should be well aware of what a livable wage is in your area if you have 11 people on your payroll. That figure can differ drastically from region to region, community to community. It cost far less to live in small town American that it does to live in a big city. Housing cost is a major factor.

I know what the skill level I require of my employees is worth in my area that is all I need to know. I pay my people on the high end of the continuum for my industry because I want good people.

It is not my responsibility to pay people enough to pay their bills I only have to offer them what their skills are worth and then I evaluate them annually as to what they contribute to the business and will give raises accordingly.
The laws are not made for the fair and ethical people. Laws are made to keep unfair and unethical people in line. Just because you may be a fair and ethical employer doesn't mean all employers will show the kind of consideration you do. We know that without laws and regulation some employers will abuse their employees and behave in unethical and unfair ways that end up hurting the community in general. That is why we have minimum wage laws.

So people who pay MW are unethical????
No, but the people who pay under minimum wage are.

I never said 5 an hour was a liveable wage. Feel free to fond where I said that and quote it

And I have never sent one job out of the country in fact I employ 11 people right here in my state.
You should be well aware of what a livable wage is in your area if you have 11 people on your payroll. That figure can differ drastically from region to region, community to community. It cost far less to live in small town American that it does to live in a big city. Housing cost is a major factor.

I know what the skill level I require of my employees is worth in my area that is all I need to know. I pay my people on the high end of the continuum for my industry because I want good people.

It is not my responsibility to pay people enough to pay their bills I only have to offer them what their skills are worth and then I evaluate them annually as to what they contribute to the business and will give raises accordingly.
The laws are not made for the fair and ethical people. Laws are made to keep unfair and unethical people in line. Just because you may be a fair and ethical employer doesn't mean all employers will show the kind of consideration you do. We know that without laws and regulation some employers will abuse their employees and behave in unethical and unfair ways that end up hurting the community in general. That is why we have minimum wage laws.

And who pays less than the federal MW excluding people who get tips?

Last edited:

And who pas less than the federal MW excluding people who get tips?

Workers who get tips, should get MW too. That's always been an awful scam. Hotels & Restaurants have been raping their workers for years. $2 an hr? WTF?? Those businesses should be ashamed of themselves.

I'll take your word for it. But the fact you guys are too frightened to put some numbers out there, tells the story. Deep-down you know your numbers would be too shameful to discuss seriously. You do still have a soul. You can be redeem yourselves.

I'm not frightened.

I do not and will not argue a liveable wage number because it's irrelevant.

I do not subscribe to your school of thought that one job from one employer must be enough for a person to support themselves

Well, that's where you're going wrong. It's actually very relevant. Personally, i feel an average American needs to make at least $11 - $15 an hr to make it in today's America. It's far from being wealthy, but it's a decent start.

And who says that the 600 a week you "feel" people need has to come from one employer or one 40 hour a week job?

What that $600 a week should cover?

If you share apartment with couple of roommates, or living in moms basement, you could live on much less. It's still livable wage.

And who pas less than the federal MW excluding people who get tips?

Workers who get tips, should get MW too. That's always been an awful scam. Hotels & Restaurants have been raping their workers for years. $2 an hr? WTF?? Those businesses should be ashamed of themselves.
Everyone I know who works as a server or bartender makes way over MW when tips are added in. Way over.

I know a guy who works at a high end restaurant that pulls in a grand a week in tips alone

I'll take your word for it. But the fact you guys are too frightened to put some numbers out there, tells the story. Deep-down you know your numbers would be too shameful to discuss seriously. You do still have a soul. You can be redeem yourselves.

I'm not frightened.

I do not subscribe to your school of thought that one job from one employer must be enough for a person to support themselves

Well, that's where you're going wrong. It's actually very relevant. Personally, i feel an average American needs to make at least $11 - $15 an hr to make it in today's America. It's far from being wealthy, but it's a decent start.

And who says that the 600 a week you "feel" people need has to come from one employer or one 40 hour a week job?

If you share apartment with couple of roommates, or living in moms basement, you could live on much less. It's still livable wage.

That's exactly my point. There is no such thing as one wage that applies to everyone's living expenses equally

Just set the MW at $100/hour and be done with it. Eliminate poverty altogether.

T
It doesn't matter what your starting wage is.

A career is a ladder not a bed. The times I worked for MW in the past I was never more than 6 months away from a pay raise or a promotion because I didn't think being a bag boy or a stock clerk was a job that would support me

I'm sorry but if you're still making MW after 20 years on a job then it's your own fault not your employer's
In america today no one lasts 20 years at a company. And if you build cars or forged steal for 19 years and all those jobs left your town you might end up working at walmart.

We just got to make sure our government looks out for the middle class so we dont all become the working poor.
I will never have to work at Walmart

Never say never. And thanks to people who who actually care about American Workers, you'll make more than $5 an hr. You're welcome.
I haven't worked for another person for 15 years and I would rather bet on myself and make my own way than work for someone else.

And the only reason people are "struggling" in this country is because they choose to.

There are literally countless opportunities to make money in this country.

Yeah, but aren't you the one who claimed $5 an hr is a decent livable wage in today's America? Surprised you're still here. Thought you got laughed off the thread awhile ago.

I mean, American Workers can't take people like you very seriously. They know what you're all about. You're part of the crowd that sent so many good-paying jobs out of the country. You just can't be trusted.
hEy have no interest in making things better for poor and middle class americans.

The GOP fucked us then told us it was our fault.

H
In america today no one lasts 20 years at a company. And if you build cars or forged steal for 19 years and all those jobs left your town you might end up working at walmart.

We just got to make sure our government looks out for the middle class so we dont all become the working poor.

Never say never. And thanks to people who who actually care about American Workers, you'll make more than $5 an hr. You're welcome.
I haven't worked for another person for 15 years and I would rather bet on myself and make my own way than work for someone else.

And the only reason people are "struggling" in this country is because they choose to.

W much do you pay?

I'm not frightened.

Now that's irrelevant.

Well, that's a bit harsh and simplistic. However, i have to agree somewhat. Most of my Republican friends are way too quick to blame average Workers for everything. Too much buying into hateful Corporate Propaganda. Too much Corporate-bootlicking.

Can anyone name even ONE Seattle restaurant that has closed due to minimum wage? If so, please provide "credible" sources.

It's not happening. Only restaurants closing, are businesses that were already headed that way anyway. There is no evidence proving large numbers of restaurants are closing due to higher wages. That's just greedy wanka 'Sky is Falling' Bullshite.

T

hEy have no interest in making things better for poor and middle class americans.

The GOP fucked us then told us it was our fault.
You are supposed to make your life better not depend on other people to do it for you

Can anyone name even ONE Seattle restaurant that has closed due to minimum wage? If so, please provide "credible" sources.

It's not happening. Only restaurants closing, are businesses that were already headed that way anyway. There is no evidence proving large numbers of restaurants are closing due to higher wages. That's just greedy wanka 'Sky is Falling' Bullshite.

Maybe we have new class of "deniers" on the horizon.

I'd say it's already here.

H

W much do you pay?

My lowest paid part timer gets 16 an hour
My highest paid person gets 88K

All my employees even part time get vacation and sick time and are allowed to participate in the company 401 K with a match of up to 4%.

I pay 80% of single health insurance to full time people

I'd say it's already here.

Show us the evidence. Till then, i'll continue to say you guys are full of shite.

Forum List

Back