Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

Still no explanation what livable wage is. Anyone?

You right wingers sure are confused about this number aren't ya?
A "livable wage" is earnings great enough that the worker does not qualify for direct government assistance ( SNAP, housing allowance, heat allowance etc) at any level.

The other number is "poverty wages". Those people earn so little they do qualify for all those government benefits,
Those people do not make a "livable wage".

Hope that helps you.

Why are you faggots always so ignorant and redneckish???

Fucking morons have never heard of Google??

When you enter proper search terms, you get intelligent results ...................

Define : Living Wage

Search Results
  1. DEFINITION of 'Living Wage' A theoretical wage level that allows the earner to afford adequate shelter, food and the other necessities of life. The living wage should be substantial enough to ensure that no more than 30% of it needs to be spent on housing.
  2. Living Wage Definition | Investopedia
    Terms Beginning With L Investopedialiving_wage.asp

Make sure you note the fucking term "THEORETICAL" before you make any more moronic statements ........................

The poverty threshold, or poverty line, is the minimum level of income deemed adequate in a particular country.

No relevance to this conversation at all, just a fucking buzz word thrown out to elicit sympathy ........................

Grow the fuck up, join a real conversation with out all your faggot bull shit ....................................

So what do you think is a decent livable wage for an average American Worker today? Just throw some numbers out there. Forget the Politics and loyal defense of Corporations.

Just put a number out there that you think is decent wage for an average American Worker. I already threw some numbers out there. I said between $11 - $15 an hr is a decent start. Now your turn.

WHat do you think is the minimum skill level that warrants a 600 a week salary?

You guys pretty much already blew it on this thread. Most of you still refuse to even attempt to throw some numbers out there. And i think that's because deep-down, you know your numbers would be shamefully embarrassing. I believe you guys do still have souls. You do know right from wrong.

It doesn't matter what your monthly bills are.

Yours will be different than mine and mine will be different from someone living in another area of the country

ALL that matters is that you you you earn enough to pay your bills.

If your current skill level doesn't allow you to pay your bills by working one 40 hour a week job then you work 2 jobs while you acquire skills that will warrant a higher salary.

Why don't you tell me why you think that the money you need to support yourself has to come from one employer for one job?

In america today no one lasts 20 years at a company. And if you build cars or forged steal for 19 years and all those jobs left your town you might end up working at walmart.

We just got to make sure our government looks out for the middle class so we dont all become the working poor.
I will never have to work at Walmart

Never say never. And thanks to people who who actually care about American Workers, you'll make more than $5 an hr. You're welcome.
I haven't worked for another person for 15 years and I would rather bet on myself and make my own way than work for someone else.

And the only reason people are "struggling" in this country is because they choose to.

There are literally countless opportunities to make money in this country.

Yeah, but aren't you the one who claimed $5 an hr is a decent livable wage in today's America? Surprised you're still here. Thought you got laughed off the thread awhile ago.

I mean, American Workers can't take people like you very seriously. They know what you're all about. You're part of the crowd that sent so many good-paying jobs out of the country. You just can't be trusted.

I never said 5 an hour was a liveable wage. Feel free to fond where I said that and quote it

And I have never sent one job out of the country in fact I employ 11 people right here in my state.

My bad, must have been another poster. That being said, some of your brethren on this thread were actually boasting about believing American Auto Workers should make Walmart/McDonalds wages. That's just so sad. Buying into hateful Corporate Propaganda, turns you into a very bad person.

You right wingers sure are confused about this number aren't ya?
A "livable wage" is earnings great enough that the worker does not qualify for direct government assistance ( SNAP, housing allowance, heat allowance etc) at any level.

The other number is "poverty wages". Those people earn so little they do qualify for all those government benefits,
Those people do not make a "livable wage".

Hope that helps you.

When you enter proper search terms, you get intelligent results ...................

Search Results
  1. DEFINITION of 'Living Wage' A theoretical wage level that allows the earner to afford adequate shelter, food and the other necessities of life. The living wage should be substantial enough to ensure that no more than 30% of it needs to be spent on housing.

Make sure you note the fucking term "THEORETICAL" before you make any more moronic statements ........................

The poverty threshold, or poverty line, is the minimum level of income deemed adequate in a particular country.

No relevance to this conversation at all, just a fucking buzz word thrown out to elicit sympathy ........................

Grow the fuck up, join a real conversation with out all your faggot bull shit ....................................

So what do you think is a decent livable wage for an average American Worker today? Just throw some numbers out there. Forget the Politics and loyal defense of Corporations.

Just put a number out there that you think is decent wage for an average American Worker. I already threw some numbers out there. I said between $11 - $15 an hr is a decent start. Now your turn.

You guys pretty much already blew it on this thread. Most of you still refuse to even attempt to throw some numbers out there. And i think that's because deep-down, you know your numbers would be shamefully embarrassing. I believe you guys do still have souls. You do know right from wrong.

Yours will be different than mine and mine will be different from someone living in another area of the country

If your current skill level doesn't allow you to pay your bills by working one 40 hour a week job then you work 2 jobs while you acquire skills that will warrant a higher salary.

Why don't you tell me why you think that the money you need to support yourself has to come from one employer for one job?

Forget the Politics and Corporate Propaganda for a minute. Just throw some numbers out there. What do you think is a decent livable wage for an average American today? I've already thrown some numbers out there. It's your turn now.

Search Results

Forget the Politics and Corporate Propaganda for a minute. Just throw some numbers out there. What do you think is a decent livable wage for an average American today? I've already thrown some numbers out there. It's your turn now.

I don't know how many times I can say this until it penetrates your skull.

I don't care if you can live on one dollar a day or if you need a hundred dollars a day to pay your bills.

It's up to you and you alone to earn the money you need.

You get paid on what your skill level is worth that is all.

If your current set of skills is of low value you will get a low pay then it is up to you to work enough hours at that low pay job to pay your own bills.

I don't care if it takes you 60 hours a week or 100 hours a week to do it. Just fucking do it.

It is your responsibility no one else's

In america today no one lasts 20 years at a company. And if you build cars or forged steal for 19 years and all those jobs left your town you might end up working at walmart.

We just got to make sure our government looks out for the middle class so we dont all become the working poor.

Never say never. And thanks to people who who actually care about American Workers, you'll make more than $5 an hr. You're welcome.
I haven't worked for another person for 15 years and I would rather bet on myself and make my own way than work for someone else.

And the only reason people are "struggling" in this country is because they choose to.

Yeah, but aren't you the one who claimed $5 an hr is a decent livable wage in today's America? Surprised you're still here. Thought you got laughed off the thread awhile ago.

I mean, American Workers can't take people like you very seriously. They know what you're all about. You're part of the crowd that sent so many good-paying jobs out of the country. You just can't be trusted.

I never said 5 an hour was a liveable wage. Feel free to fond where I said that and quote it

And I have never sent one job out of the country in fact I employ 11 people right here in my state.
You should be well aware of what a livable wage is in your area if you have 11 people on your payroll. That figure can differ drastically from region to region, community to community. It cost far less to live in small town American than it does to live in a big city. Housing cost is a major factor.

Last edited:

I don't care if you can live on one dollar a day or if you need a hundred dollars a day to pay your bills.

If your current set of skills is of low value you will get a low pay then it is up to you to work enough hours at that low pay job to pay your own bills.

I don't care if it takes you 60 hours a week or 100 hours a week to do it. Just fucking do it.

Yes, we know you don't care. That's why we didn't expect you guys to throw any numbers out there. Deep-down you know your numbers would be far too embarrassing to seriously discuss. You'd be laughed off the thread immediately.

See, you guys do still have souls. You do know right from wrong. If you're too frightened to put some numbers out there, it means you have some guilt. You're still human. And that's a good sign. There's still some hope for you guys.

You should be well aware of what a livable wage is in your area if you have 11 people on your payroll. That figure can differ drastically from region to region, community to community. It cost far less to live in small town American that it does to live in a big city. Housing cost is a major factor.

I know what the skill level I require of my employees is worth in my area that is all I need to know. I pay my people on the high end of the continuum for my industry because I want good people.

It is not my responsibility to pay people enough to pay their bills I only have to offer them what their skills are worth and then I evaluate them annually as to what they contribute to the business and will give raises accordingly.

Why is it societies and the tax payers obligation to subsidize your labor force. If you can not afford to pay your help you should not be in business.

Yes, we know you don't care. That's why we didn't expect you guys to throw any numbers out there. Deep-down you know your numbers would be far too embarrassing to seriously discuss. You'd be laughed off the thread immediately.

See, you guys do still have souls. You do know right from wrong. If you're too frightened to put some numbers out there, it means you have some guilt. You're still human. And that's a good sign. There's still some hope for you guys.

I just don't think it's anyone's else's responsibility to pay my bills. I will work as many jobs and as many hours as I need to

You think just standing there breathing should get you paid 30K a year.

Why is it societies and the tax payers obligation to subsidize your labor force. If you can not afford to pay your help you should not be in business.

None of my employees would qualify for government handouts.

You should be well aware of what a livable wage is in your area if you have 11 people on your payroll. That figure can differ drastically from region to region, community to community. It cost far less to live in small town American that it does to live in a big city. Housing cost is a major factor.

I know what the skill level I require of my employees is worth in my area that is all I need to know. I pay my people on the high end of the continuum for my industry because I want good people.

It is not my responsibility to pay people enough to pay their bills I only have to offer them what their skills are worth and then I evaluate them annually as to what they contribute to the business and will give raises accordingly.

I'll take your word for it. But the fact you guys are too frightened to put some numbers out there, tells the story. Deep-down you know your numbers would be too shameful to discuss seriously. You do still have a soul. You can redeem yourselves.

I'll take your word for it. But the fact you guys are too frightened to put some numbers out there, tells the story. Deep-down you know your numbers would be too shameful to discuss seriously. You do still have a soul. You can be redeem yourselves.

I'm not frightened.

I do not and will not argue a liveable wage number because it's irrelevant.

I do not subscribe to your school of thought that one job from one employer must be enough for a person to support themselves

Cool. You're doing the right thing. Good for you.

I'll take your word for it. But the fact you guys are too frightened to put some numbers out there, tells the story. Deep-down you know your numbers would be too shameful to discuss seriously. You do still have a soul. You can be redeem yourselves.

I'm not frightened.

I do not subscribe to your school of thought that one job from one employer must be enough for a person to support themselves

Well, that's where you're going wrong. It's actually very relevant. Personally, i feel an average American needs to make at least $11 - $15 an hr to make it in today's America. It's far from being wealthy, but it's a decent start.

The laws are not made for the fair and ethical people. Laws are made to keep unfair and unethical people in line. Just because you may be a fair and ethical employer doesn't mean all employers will show the kind of consideration you do. We know that without laws and regulation some employers will abuse their employees and behave in unethical and unfair ways that end up hurting the community in general. That is why we have minimum wage laws.

It has nothing to do with right or wrong.

I don't pay them what I pay them based on what their monthly bills are I pay them for what their skill is worth to me and then I give raises based on a host of other things as well as their increasing skill level.

I will say that I pay for continuing ed and if people don't max out what I pay as a benefit for continuing ed then they probably won't get a raise.

The laws are not made for the fair and ethical people. Laws are made to keep unfair and unethical people in line. Just because you may be a fair and ethical employer doesn't mean all employers will show the kind of consideration you do. We know that without laws and regulation some employers will abuse their employees and behave in unethical and unfair ways that end up hurting the community in general. That is why we have minimum wage laws.

So people who pay MW are unethical????

I'm not frightened.

Well, that's where you're going wrong. It's actually very relevant. Personally, i feel an average American needs to make at least $11 - $15 an hr to make it in today's America. It's far from being wealthy, but it's a decent start.

And who says that the 600 a week you "feel" people need has to come from one employer or one 40 hour a week job?

It has nothing to do with right or wrong.

I don't pay them what I pay them based on what their monthly bills are I pay them for what their skill is worth to me and then I give raises based on a host of other things as well as their increasing skill level.

I will say that I pay for continuing ed and if people don't max out what I pay as a benefit for continuing ed then they probably won't get a raise.

Like i said, i'll take your word for it. I'm a fair-minded person.

I'm not frightened.

And who says that the 600 a week you "feel" people need has to come from one employer or one 40 hour a week job?

It's a just starting-point. I think $11 - $15 an hr is very reasonable. But even at that, most will still suffer. That's certainly not a lot of money today.

Forum List

Back