BREAKING NEWS: Trump proposes 20% tax on imports from Mexico to pay for wall

[

again, it amazes me that you don't understand the donald isn't going to tax his own imports.

you people are hysterical

So Jilly, you think Trump secretly owns the Nation of Mexico then? :eek:

:lmao:

You just can't make up Jilly level stupidity...

No, he is counting on idiot basket weavers like you to infuriate the people with your liberal bullshit.....you're winning, so don't complain...:lol:

You support wealth redistribution by taxing people to create jobs in your pet industries.

Just like liberals.

How can anyone who has studied economics say otherwise?

Foreign leaders will decide it's best to play ball with Trump.

Bullshit. Trump is all hat and no head.

First off we have Trump is going to build the wall. And then we have Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell saying he can't build a wall by Executive Order. Building the requires Congress to approve an appropriations bill for the costs.

Next we have Trump saying he's going to slap a 20% tariff on Mexican goods being imported. And then Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are interviewed saying that they don't want to start a trade war with Mexico. And that President Trump has no power to slap tariff's on anything. Congress holds the purse strings.

And so it begins. Ryan and McConnell are quietly investigating the Russian connection and setting up their impeachment agenda.

They will be much better off with Pence. He will agree with their right wing agenda, and help push it through without the liability of having a crazy president.

You guys are absolutely amazing. I am continually awed at how you are able to take things out of context, distort them for your own purposes, and then try to publish them as facts.

1) Spicer did NOT say that Trump was going to impose a 20% tax on goods from Mexico.

2) Spicer DID say that they COULD impose a tax, as high as 20%, on goods from Mexico in order to recover the cost of building the wall. (There are several other alternatives available - none of which are being discussed. It's all part of the negotiation process)

3) Everybody above the third grade knows that the President CAN'T impose any tax. Only Congress can impose a tax.

4) Trump has been on record for 2 years about changing the corporate tax paradigm. His recommended approach is to drop all corporate tax to 15-20%, and impose an exactly equal tax on all imported goods (from EVERY country). Thus, everything going in AND out of the country would be taxed equally.

5) It is absolutely stunning that a 20% tax on Mexican imports just HAPPENS to equal the approximate cost of building the wall. Just an amazing coincidence, don't you think?

6) If Congress applies a "targeted" import tax on Mexican imports, two things will happen: 1) Mexican imports become less cost advantageous to the American consumer, and 2) the resulting loss of income will have extremely negative effects on the Mexican economy. In the end, Mexico will cough up the cost of the wall.

7) It's called the "art of the deal" - if you want $10, demand $20. Watch how it ends up.

again, it amazes me that you don't understand the donald isn't going to tax his own imports.

That's EXACTLY what he proposes to do --- and, frankly, it makes good business sense. I'm sorry your background doesn't allow you to understand that.

Last edited:
I believe the import duty of 20% will be added to all
You are correct; the American consumers will be paying for the Trump Wall.
So be it. I have no problem paying for my own security, do you?
Creating a trade war with your nearest neighbor which has been a friendly democracy until now is not my idea of ensuring security.
The president of Mexico is the one who did not want to negotiate. The wall is ensuring security, fool!

The wall is a stupid waste of money, fool.
So how many illegals do we have now? The usurp our resources and you think that is fine. You, my dear are the fool.

"We" only have a handful of illegals, mostly people who have overstayed their visas, but here in Canada we nail anyone who employs an undocument worker to the wall - $10,000 fine, per worker. The government here will shut you down if you're caught hiring people without valid SIN cards. Employers are legally required to see the original card and to make a photocopy of the original for the employee's file.

Americans have similar laws on the books but they're never enforced. Any fines paid by employers are wrist slaps, not deterrents.

No, he is counting on idiot basket weavers like you to infuriate the people with your liberal bullshit.....you're winning, so don't complain...:lol:

You support wealth redistribution by taxing people to create jobs in your pet industries.

Just like liberals.

See....winning....:lol:

Trump is counting on people like you who don't understand economics to pass his agenda.

Give it up dumbass....whoever gave you that "degree" should be sued for fraud.

I'm sorry that you feel the need to support anti-intellectualism in the name of political tribalism and wealth redistribution.

You support economic Creationism.

Which will result in higher cost goods from Mexico. That fee will be passed on to the consumer for the most part. Fine by me. Build the damn wall.
And reduce their foreign aid to $0.

Sweet, so reduce their foreign aid to zero, watch Mexico descend into economic calamity, and then see as drugs/illegals, etc. spill UNDER the border into the U.S.

What then? A $1 trillion underwater/underground electric forcefield, you fucking tool?
You think they are going to build a Lincoln tunnel under the border? HAHAHAHA

You guys are absolutely amazing. I am continually awed at how you are able to take things out of context, distort them for your own purposes, and then try to publish them as facts.

1) Spicer did NOT say that Trump was going to impose a 20% tax on goods from Mexico.

2) Spicer DID say that they COULD impose a tax, as high as 20%, on goods from Mexico in order to recover the cost of building the wall. (There are several other alternatives available - none of which are being discussed. It's all part of the negotiation process)

3) Everybody above the third grade knows that the President CAN'T impose any tax. Only Congress can impose a tax.

4) Trump has been on record for 2 years about changing the corporate tax paradigm. His recommended approach is to drop all corporate tax to 15-20%, and impose an exactly equal tax on all imported goods (from EVERY country). Thus, everything going in AND out of the country would be taxed equally.

5) It is absolutely stunning that a 20% tax on Mexican imports just HAPPENS to equal the approximate cost of building the wall. Just an amazing coincidence, don't you think?

6) If Congress applies a "targeted" import tax on Mexican imports, two things will happen: 1) Mexican imports become less cost advantageous to the American consumer, and 2) the resulting loss of income will have extremely negative effects on the Mexican economy. In the end, Mexico will cough up the cost of the wall.

7) It's called the "art of the deal" - if you want $10, demand $20. Watch how it ends up.

That's EXACTLY what he porposes to do --- and, frankly, it makes good business sense. I'm sorry your background doesn't allow you to understand that.

trumpeters are such a joke. it doesn't matter what the orange sociopath says, you all lap it up.

The-Great-Wall.jpg

[
The Khmer Rough haven't been a factor in decades.

Someone forgot to tell Jerry Brown,

Where the phyuck have you been hiding

In California, under the thumb of the Pol Pot wannabes running the once great state.
The 6th target economy in the wold, so phyuck you and your kind

6th target economy?

California has the 9th largest economy, slipping from the glory days of Republican leadership.

Report: California slips to world's 9th largest economy
Do you need to use a 5 year old survey? This is 2017 not 2012

Just like liberals.

See....winning....:lol:

You are winning in the way Charlie Sheen is winning.

Who would have thought that "conservatives" like you would support wealth redistribution policies by taxing people?

There is definitely a place for free trade amongst first world nations.

Germany, Japan, France, United Kingdom... We can do free trade with them, because they pay their workers a decent wage and benefits.

Mexico, China, Malaysia... All these countries that manufacture goods for us... They earn pennies a day. If we don't curb the free market or limit it to some extent, we stand to lose every job that can't be bolted down to places that pay a lot less.

That means American workers will be hurt. Sure, those countries will benefit, and in the long-term, we all benefit from emerging markets with vast consumer market potential... But capitalism, like all other things, is best in moderation. I believe in regulated capitalism, not free market vulture capitalism. We want these countries to succeed, we want their economies to boom. We want to invest and sell in those countries, and buy their goods. But we have to do so responsibly, so that we can keep our people well paid and well employed in the mean time.

Trade deals have to benefit all parties, not just the ones with weaker currencies and lower wages and benefits.

In other words, he's going to build a wall and American consumers are going to pay for it.

Why would you say that? You're smarter than this.
Because I know that protectionism is a cost paid by consumers.

"Mexico will not pay this tax. It will be paid by Americans who buy Mexican imports." - Peter Schiff
Mexico will pay dearly.....
Not through tariffs.

Forum List

Back