🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING: Obama to make illegal immigration announcement Thursday night

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama is set on Thursday to outline a controversial plan to relax U.S. immigration policy and grant relief from deportation to as many as 5 million undocumented immigrants in a go-it-alone move that will deepen a partisan divide with Republicans.

Sources close to the administration said the rollout would include a televised speech by Obama on Thursday night laying out the plan followed by a trip to Las Vegas on Friday to build support. Nevada is home to the highest proportion of undocumented immigrants in the country.

The White House declined to comment on the specific timing of the announcement but officials have made clear Obama was planning to take executive action soon. Some conservative Republicans have threatened to try to thwart the immigration move by imposing funding restrictions in a must-pass spending bill, which could conceivably raise the possibility of a government shutdown.

Frustrated by years of congressional inaction on what most in Washington agree is a broken immigration system, Obama is planning to issue a reprieve from deportation that will cover some parents of U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents.

That initiative would expand on a 2012 executive order by the president that gave relief from deportation and work permits to undocumented children brought to the United States by their parents.

There is also expected to be a border security element and Obama will act to help companies hire and retain high-skilled workers from abroad, the sources said.

"We've identified a number of ways that we will (fix the system) which the president will speak to in the coming days," Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said at a National Press Club event on Wednesday.

Not to go off topic - but Big Red 1, huh? They still at Fort Riley? I was sent there way back when on an investigation. Kind of in the middle of nowhere, huh....

Yes, still good old Ft Riley.

HAHA! I always found it funny that after I retired (actually at Fort Knox) my Wife and I moved to Kansas City and we lived there for the next 25 years and then, we ended up here in Montana (of all places).....

The House will have to defund as much of the plan as it can...cards, what ever is involved with giving them legal status.

Meanwhile, they will have to litigate quickly.

Brain freeze here... what is it called when the opponent goes before a judge to stop the action temporarily?

Last edited:
I am waiting for obama to do this and the war between the hispanics and the blacks will begin. They will be fighting over the low wage jobs and who is the #1 minority.

The House has been sitting on the bill since the summer of 2013 and refuses to act

In the absence of a functioning Congress, Obama is correct in using Executive Orders. If Boehner doesn't like it, he is welcome to pass his own bill. Why doesn't he?

The House will have to defund as much of the plan as it can...cards, what ever is involved with giving them legal status.

Brain freeze here... what is it called when the opponent goes before a judge to stop the action temporarily?

A Stay.

The House has been sitting on the bill since the summer of 2013 and refuses to act

In the absence of a functioning Congress, Obama is correct in using Executive Orders. If Boehner doesn't like it, he is welcome to pass his own bill. Why doesn't he?
waiting on Jan

Who the HELL says the Congress has to do ANYTHING? Because YOU say so? That's ridiculous. Congress passes legislation WHEN THEY WANT TO. This isn't a 7/11 you twit. You don't get fast food service with the Congress. If they want to take 5 years - that is THEIR choice.

The Emperor is a crafty little half-breed. I seriously doubt that he will do anything that opposes the law - or he WILL lose.

Damn - you liberal nazis REALLY need to take a Civics class.

A Stay.
All I could think of was a 'stay of execution' and that was for putting someone to death! Thanks!

A Stay.
All I could think of was a 'stay of execution' and that was for putting someone to death! Thanks!

:biggrin:

Not a problem!!

A Stay.

:biggrin:

Not a problem!!
btw, I am pro tea party as well!

I have no doubt whatsoever that it will go to litigation quickly if it violates ANY party of the immigration law. Again, the Emperor is a crafty little bastard - I doubt that he is that stupid - but who knows? He is behaving like a spoiled child that got his ass whipped and he's lashing out.

The defunding should start immediately AFTER he uses his "pen and his cell phone" - you know, being the good little Emperor that he is......

Sad day for America, but I suspect millions of Americans have had hundreds of sad days since Obama became president.

Hussein is not an autocratic King, he can not do what he wants, whenever he wants it.... if Republicans don't stop him this time, one way or another America will deserve all the shit that's coming.

Do something!!!!:mad-61:

Hussein is not an autocratic King, he can not do what he wants, whenever he wants it.... if Republicans don't stop him this time, one way or another America will deserve all the shit that's coming.

Do something!!!!:mad-61:

The Emperor will make everything all right skye. Don't worry. He's looking out for all of us! He knows if you are sleeping, he knows if you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good so be good for......

Ooops....wrong guy...

THIS is the real guy....

I just wonder if he is arranging to announce the immigration order on the same day the Ferguson decision comes down so the media has chaos in what story to lead with. I would be just like him.

When he signs the paper Congress needs to grow a back bone and impeach his ass.

Injunction.

None of the major stations are going to cover the the speech, lol. ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX have all said "NADA!" :)

Forum List

Back