🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Breaking: Officer Casebolt resigns the force amid receiving death threats

He should have used strategic patience and stayed in his car till other officers arrived.

You know...form a coalition....

Casebolt resigned because his bosses sat him down with Internal Affairs and showed all the possible charges that he could face, should he choose not to resign.

What charges do you believe he would have faced? Excessive use of force? Perhaps, but it rarely results in an indictment. Don't get me wrong, what he did to the girl was excessive. What about pulling his firearm? What I can see, he saw the young man who charged him with his hand behind his wasteband as a credible threat. That, Doc, is a cop acting on his training.

But suddenly, cops cease being humans and become monsters in the eyes of the oh so judgmental public.

What Is Excessive Force - ABC News

Not according to the chief of police:

"I had 12 officers on the scene, and 11 of them performed according to their training," Conley added.

Every cop is at risk every time they put on their uniform. It comes with the job.

So, by that reasoning one should be more sympathetic to the cop? Correct? So why in previous cases has the cop become the villain?

Even the police chief had no confidence in what that guy did.

No of course not. What would happen if he defended him? The same thing that has happened to Officer Casebolt.

So you agree he completely fucked up the situation.

Fine, why are we here then?

He should have used strategic patience and stayed in his car till other officers arrived.

You know...form a coalition....

Did you watch any of the videos?

There were plenty of cops there, he wasn't alone.

Did you watch the video?

The person that photo is claiming was "charging" had already started "retreating" before Casebolt pulled his gun.

And? The motion triggered the reaction. By motion, I mean the individual reaching behind his back. I watched the video. You and I see things way differently.

The videos showed the whole thing? Who arrived first?

No matter...I have other things to worry about.

Casebolt resigned because his bosses sat him down with Internal Affairs and showed all the possible charges that he could face, should he choose not to resign.

What charges do you believe he would have faced? Excessive use of force? Perhaps, but it rarely results in an indictment. Don't get me wrong, what he did to the girl was excessive. What about pulling his firearm? What I can see, he saw the young man who charged him with his hand behind his wasteband as a credible threat. That, Doc, is a cop acting on his training.

But suddenly, cops cease being humans and become monsters in the eyes of the oh so judgmental public.

"I had 12 officers on the scene, and 11 of them performed according to their training," Conley added.

"As the chief of police, I want to say to our community that the actions of Casebolt, as seen on the video, of the disturbance at the community pool, are indefensible," said Chief Greg Conley, during a news conference Tuesday afternoon. "Our policies, our training, our practice, do not support these actions. He came into the call out of control, and as the video shows, was out of control during the incident."
Police chief Conley statement on video here

The meaning of "indefensible" is pretty straightforward. Even the police, both on the scene and the Chief here, could plainly see that.

And yet internet wagabonds go on trying to defend this authoritarian-fascist fantasy -- against their own people.

Makes ya wanna puke.

Are you repeating yourself?

Every cop is at risk every time they put on their uniform. It comes with the job.

So, by that reasoning one should be more sympathetic to the cop? Correct? So why in previous cases has the cop become the villain?

Even the police chief had no confidence in what that guy did.

No of course not. What would happen if he defended him? The same thing that has happened to Officer Casebolt.

So you agree he completely fucked up the situation.

Fine, why are we here then?

TK has already stated the officer acted foolishly. Now he'll spend the rest of the thread finding every way imaginable to marginalize his actions and complain about any consequences he may or may not face.

Did you watch the video?

The person that photo is claiming was "charging" had already started "retreating" before Casebolt pulled his gun.

And? The motion triggered the reaction. I watched the video. You and I see things way differently.

As far as I can see, the way that I see the events is shared by the other cops there, the police department, and the vast majority of people who've seen and reacted to the video.

You can spend as much time as you want justifying his actions, but the fact of the matter is pretty simple - none of the other cops reacted like this action movie star wannabe did.

None of the other cops physically assaulted a 14 year old in a bikini because they were mouthing off. None of the other cops pulled their guns.

In fact, the other cop in the video was friendly and polite, rather than profane, angry and violent like Casebolt.

Officer David Eric Casebolt has resigned the McKinney Police Department after 10 years of service. His resignation is due in part because of his actions at a pool party, showing him using excessive force against a 14 year old bikini clad black girl, and due to high amounts of death threats that are being issued against him, according to his attorney.

What cop wants to remain on the force when he has to fear for his life each time he goes on patrol? Who knows, there might be people out there looking for him, singling him out for death.Yes, what he did was excessive, but it didn't kill anyone.

Now remember, each time this happens, it only makes it harder on cops all across America to do their job. One day, they may just stop altogether.

The police officer whose video-recorded actions at a North Texas pool party have drawn national attention and comment has resigned from the police force.

Officer David Eric Casebolt resigned Tuesday from the McKinney Police Department after almost 10 years on the force. His resignation was confirmed by his attorney, Jane Bishkin of Dallas.

A viral video showed him pushing a bikini-clad girl to the ground on Friday and brandishing his gun at other black teens after he and other officers responded to complaints about the pool party at a community-owned McKinney swimming pool.

McKinney Police Chief Greg Conley had placed the 41-year-old former Texas state trooper on administrative leave after the incident.

Bishkin declined to say where Casebolt is now and said he had received death threats. The attorney said she would release more information at a news conference Wednesday.

Texas police officer seen pushing teen to ground in controversial video resigns Fox News
Ok, between the video and this action, we've established he's a drama queen.

Now he'll spend the rest of the thread finding every way imaginable to marginalize his actions and complain about any consequences he may or may not face.

Yeah? He did. Should he have been forced out of his job because of it. No. That takedown pales in comparison to oh, the examples I posted in that link. You know, the cops actually kicking and beating the life out of people?

None. Waist bands are not illegal, nor a threat to anyone.

No, Mr. Armchair Cop, he reached behind his waistband, with the cop not knowing what he was reaching for, it stands to reason that the cop saw the MOTION as a credible threat. My father was a law enforcement officer, and he can sympathize with exactly what that cop went through in that situation.

The boy brought his hand back around to the front and stepped back before the officer responded. It was very clear that there was nothing in either of his hands. I might add that the two African American girls who lunged at him first elicited no such response. If your father sympathizes with what this officer did, then your father was not a very good police officer.

You can spend as much time as you want justifying his actions, but the fact of the matter is pretty simple - none of the other cops reacted like this action movie star wannabe did.

No, they were busy chasing other individuals who chose to flee detention. In the video, you can see the "barrel roll" officer and one other chasing an individual across a parking area. So, what of your contention?

The boy brought his hand back around to the front and stepped back before the officer responded.

Nope. That picture shows the cop looking in his direction when he reached behind his back. You really need to pay attention. In that split second he sees the guy reach behind his back, he looks back down at the girl and then pulls his firearm.

Are you repeating yourself?

Since that was the first time I posted that quote, no I am not.

No, they were busy chasing other individuals who chose to flee detention. In the video, you can see the "barrel roll" officer and one other chasing an individual across a parking area. So, what of your contention?

Casebolt is the "barrel roll officer", he ran by and then came back.

The other officer who was running with him is the polite one who accepted the Casebolt's dropped flashlight and acted calmly and politely to the kids in the beginning of the video - you know, the one who managed not to violently freak out on a bunch of young kids.

Forum List

Back