Breaking: Protests Against Trump Across America

They will accomplish nothing I know, but they are important for the sake of symbolism. The rest of this country needs to show the world that we reject that orange sack of shit as president.

Save for a little rioting, they've been peaceful. I hope they stay that way.
What exactly are they protesting?
The election of Trump of course but I think it goes deeper than that. We have seen democratic elections around the world that have resulted in despots and demigods coming to power but we never believed that could happen in the US. We had faith that our two party system would nominated good qualified candidates but they failed so the people were faced with the decision of choosing between two bad choices. In effect, the protest is about a failed system and not just election of Trump.
But they weren't protesting the 'failed system' when Obama won, were they?
Because in the last two elections the system worked. Obama, Romney, and McCain were all well qualified for the office. They weren't under threat of being prosecuted, were outright liars, weren't boldface racist or xenophobes. The two parties nominated candidates that represent the philosophies of their party and for the most part their actions were that of gentlemen and statesmen. They conducted campaigns they could be proud of. The two parties did a good job.

Obama, Romney, and McCain were all well qualified for the office.

Why do you feel Obama was qualified?
I guess that the best answer is he is the opposite of our next president. He has a strong moral code. He surrounds himself with people that often disagree with him, not yes men. He has a strong world view. He truly likes people; that is he does not see them as tools. He is an idealist more concerned with the America of the future, than today's issues. He's a smart guy, that knows government, law and came to office with a strong educational background as well as 11 years experience in government. Lastly he's got a good sense of humor and rarely uses it to offend others.

The election of Trump of course but I think it goes deeper than that. We have seen democratic elections around the world that have resulted in despots and demigods coming to power but we never believed that could happen in the US. We had faith that our two party system would nominated good qualified candidates but they failed so the people were faced with the decision of choosing between two bad choices. In effect, the protest is about a failed system and not just election of Trump.
Because in the last two elections the system worked. Obama, Romney, and McCain were all well qualified for the office. They weren't under threat of being prosecuted, were outright liars, weren't boldface racist or xenophobes. The two parties nominated candidates that represent the philosophies of their party and for the most part their actions were that of gentlemen and statesmen. They conducted campaigns they could be proud of. The two parties did a good job.

I guess that the best answer is he is the opposite of our next president. He has a strong moral code. He surrounds himself with people that often disagree with him, not yes men. He has a strong world view. He truly likes people; that is he does not see them as tools. He is an idealist more concerned with the America of the future, than today's issues. He's a smart guy, that knows government, law and came to office with a strong educational background as well as 11 years experience in government. Lastly he's got a good sense of humor and rarely uses it to offend others.

I guess that the best answer is he is the opposite of our next president.

But no actual qualifications.

14993330_1034023893374724_9034539666941960217_n.jpg

I guess you're having a reading problem.

:lmao:

I guess you're having a reading problem.

He is an idealist more concerned with the America of the future, than today's issues.

Is that why he made things worse, today, because he was focused too much on the future?

He's a smart guy,

He read a decent teleprompter. I've never seen any sign of his smarts.

that knows government

As a state senator, he did nothing of note.
He certainly didn't learn how to govern.
Ditto for his brief time in the US Senate.

came to office with a strong educational background

And no actual qualifications.

That's b.s. protesting is a right. I've never protested in my life but I believe its my god given right and not a one of you vcould stop me even with a weapon. I support your right to protest and could care less about any business. That's their fault for being in the wrong spot.
Not only is what you suggest childish, it is also dead wrong.
Being in the wrong spot? That would be possible only if the business owner KNEW beyond any reasonable doubt the area in which he was to locate his business was a KNOWN place for social upheaval....
You are another one of these uninformed to lazy to take the necessary time to fully understand types that believe their rights are absolute.
Newsflash, your rights begin and end where they usurp the rights of others.
In other words, you don't get to trample on the rights of others just because you are pissed off.

Forum List

Back