BREAKING: Rep. Steve Stockman: Sgt. At Arms to Arrest Lois Lerner

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is that now? Day 5 that Lerner is on the loose?

Get cracking folks.

Who knows what tea bagger terrorist is in danger!

I'm staying totally on topic. Has Lerner been arrested yet?

Nope, but she should be.

Have those hashtag commandos rescued those 300 girls yet?

That isn't the topic of this thread. Thought you were all about staying on topic. :D

BTW...checking in.......has Lerner been arrested yet?

Have you ever noticed how conservatives constantly charge that Obama is a tyrannical dictator while also noting their idea for putting the nation back on course? I mean, doesn't it seem ironic to everyone how their ideas basically come down to wholesale arrests of SO many government officials without so much as the presumption of innocence until guilt is proven in a court of law? They're constantly talking about arrests, and treason, and impeachment, and calling up militias to circumvent the miltary chain of command. To me, it sounds like Soviet pograms and emergency mesasures that are nothing short of the suspension of Constutional rights and due process of law.

But it's OBAMA who is a dictator in their minds?

Last edited:
"What Does She Have To Hide?"

I've been seeing a lot of comments to the effect of "why should Lois Lerner take the Fifth if she has nothing to hide?" Ironically these comments often come from people who profess to oppose expansive government power, and from people who accept the proposition that Lerner was part of wrongdoing in the first place — in other words, that there was a government conspiracy to target people with the machinery of the IRS for holding unpopular political views. Such people do not seem to grasp how their predicate assumptions answer their own question.

You take the Fifth because the government can't be trusted. You take the Fifth because what the truth is, and what the government thinks the truth is, are two very different things. You take the Fifth because even if you didn't do anything wrong your statements can be used as building blocks in dishonest, or malicious, or politically motivated prosecutions against you. You take the Fifth because if you answer questions truthfully the government may still decide you are lying and prosecute you for lying.

Pardon me: if you accept the proposition that the government targets organizations for IRS scrutiny because of their political views, and you still say things like "why take the Fifth if you have nothing to hide", then you're either an idiot or a dishonest partisan hack.

MORE: A Few Notes On Lois Lerner And The Fifth Amendment | Popehat

I like this little summation on how invoking the Fifth Amendment can be perfectly logical - even if one has nothing to hide. However, based on my personal opinion and the opinions of others whose legal opinions I value - Lois Lerner should have simply pled the Fifth and shut up. Period. She muddied the legal waters by saying more. Her counsel failed her.

How could this have slipped off the front page? Any news on Lerner ' s arrest?

it amazes me how these republicans jump at anything that is against a Dem... here is a woman who claimed the 5th, as a right, these republicans think they can put her in jail until she tells what they want to hear, not know, but what they want to hear.... heres a thought ladygunpuffer you can't violate her constitutional rights just so she tells you what you want to hear...

Last edited:
I haven't read this thread but I'm going to take a wild guess that she hasn't actually been arrested.

How'd I do?

I will be feverishly checking newspapers today to see if she has been arrested, since some Conservoturds say it's gonna happen.

A federal judge on Thursday ordered the IRS to explain under oath how it lost a trove of emails to and from a central figure in the agency's tea party controversy.

U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan gave the tax agency a month to submit the explanation in writing. Sullivan said he is also appointing a federal magistrate to see whether the lost emails can be obtained from other sources.

Sullivan issued the order as part of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit by Judicial Watch, a conservative watchdog group. He said the IRS declaration must be signed, under oath, by the appropriate IRS official.

"I'm going to hold tight to that Aug. 10 declaration," Sullivan said.

The IRS says it lost the emails in 2011 when Lois Lerner's computer crashed. At the time, Lerner headed the IRS division that processes applications for tax-exempt status. She has since retired.

Lerner, who refused to answer questions at two House committee hearings, has become a central figure in several congressional investigations over the handling of tea party applications. At both hearings, Lerner cited her Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate herself.

We'll see August 10. Watching the Lois the sleaze will be fun. She wants immunity.

Says the moron who whores for rep on a political forum..:cuckoo:

Have anything to contribute to the thread, or are personal attacks the only thing you know?

So, here's the OP:

Let's see if you can actually contribute something to the thread. Could be fun to watch.
How do you do the rep whore thing? And then, what's the point?

Have anything to contribute to the thread, or are personal attacks the only thing you know?

So, here's the OP:

Let's see if you can actually contribute something to the thread. Could be fun to watch.

:lol: It makes him feel all gooey inside ..

So, here's the OP:

Well, I write things that people respect and then they rep me for it. It's really very simple math. Now, I suspect that for a stupid Meathead, that could be a number too much for you. :)

So, back to the OP:

It's now 08:15 on the East Coast. It's a Monday, which means the police force is on the beat, folks!!!

Anyone see Lois Lerner get arrested yet?!?!?!?!?!

Really, the world wants to know!!!!

Last edited:
I am bookmarking this thread and will ask EVERY SINGLE DAY if Lois Lerner has been arrested yet!

This is important, folks!!!

So, here's the OP:

Well, I write things that people respect and then they rep me for it. It's really very simple math. Now, I suspect that for a stupid Meathead, that could be a number too much for you. :)

So, back to the OP:

It's now 08:15 on the East Coast. It's a Monday, which means the police force is on the beat, folks!!!

Anyone see Lois Lerner get arrested yet?!?!?!?!?!

Really, the world wants to know!!!!
They were serious questions, how and why?

My amazing grasp of the obvious tells me it has a lot to do with overcompensating for inferiority and lack of real-life social skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back