BREAKING: Rezaeian and 3 others released in Iran

So you're essentially saying ALL PERSONAL OPINIONS on this site are invalid & pointless?

Then why the fuck are you here????

Probably not since I never said that. But until you morons ever name someone of importance thinks the US acted stupidly then I guess you don't have any real opinions.
The opinions of the American voters are of importance. If they weren't politicians wouldn't pander to them.
Why you people only think celebrities, politicians or liberal pundits have the only valid opinions is beyond me.

Ok, so your point is American voters are going to turn an election based on Iran releasing sailors in a quick response and Kerry thanking them for their "cooperation and quick response"? I don't see any evidence of that. How about voters who are more interested in diplomacy and getting things done rather than holding grudges even in the face of good news?
I never said ANYTHING about an election. I said John Stewart was not the only person who held an opinion of consequence. You seem a bit dense so we're done here

Why are you bringing up Jon Stewart? So, you brought up the "American voter" OK, how is that consequential? You haven't demonstrated it is. I would suspect most likely the left and right will become entrenched as we always are and it makes no difference. And yes, you have been done for quite some time, I can't help if if you are unable to make a point.
I made my point CLEARLY.

Opinions matter. You think they don't so you are automatically discredited.
Goodbye idiot

Red herring fallacy.

The thread topic is the president's success in gaining the release of Americans detained in Iran.

But you and most others on the right are such hateful, blind partisan hacks you're incapable of celebrating the good news.

Sad.
Then why didn't he perform this "success" in the past 7 years? Because there were no $ to bestow for the men being released?

Probably because none of them were prisoners 7 years ago and first we had to establish communication. I don't see why you assume it's just a matter of flipping a switch.
I believe all but perhaps Levinson were taken during Obama's watch. Well, a switch was flipped and just as quickly as giving them their $150B and we got to get our people back...for 7 of theirs and 14 off Interpol's red list. A little (or a lot) lopsided wouldn't you say? And you want us to thank Obama and Kerry?

We didn't give them their money quickly.

And of course they were all on "Obama's watch" and now they are going home. Do you really want to keep their 7 who are held for sanctions that are no longer valid? What would be the point? Yes, I do want to thank Obama and Kerry because if we had a Republican in the White house who thinks like you guys do we'd never be talking to Iran in the first place.
We still have one more person not accounted for. The family wants to know where he is when he can be brought home. Why is it the US voluntarily release 21 people from possible arrest when we get 5 of our people back. Obama is tripping over himself giving in to Iran. How he stands without a backbone is beyond me.

Once again, those people were wanted for sanctions violations and there was little chance we were ever going to get them.

But, you make a great point. Of course the US should have completely shut this deal down unless we got that last American out. Do you have any details about him?

Oh, btw I wouldn't go assuming we don't have other Iranians incarcerated here.

An Iranian expert says there is a struggle raking place in Iran. The Hard Liners vs The Moderates. It seems we have a similar situation taking place in the US. Let's pray diplomacy wins and the warmongers lose.
Let me guess...gatewaypundit....

:lol:

How about some legit backup for that , cupcake.

Probably not since I never said that. But until you morons ever name someone of importance thinks the US acted stupidly then I guess you don't have any real opinions.
The opinions of the American voters are of importance. If they weren't politicians wouldn't pander to them.
Why you people only think celebrities, politicians or liberal pundits have the only valid opinions is beyond me.

Ok, so your point is American voters are going to turn an election based on Iran releasing sailors in a quick response and Kerry thanking them for their "cooperation and quick response"? I don't see any evidence of that. How about voters who are more interested in diplomacy and getting things done rather than holding grudges even in the face of good news?
I never said ANYTHING about an election. I said John Stewart was not the only person who held an opinion of consequence. You seem a bit dense so we're done here

Why are you bringing up Jon Stewart? So, you brought up the "American voter" OK, how is that consequential? You haven't demonstrated it is. I would suspect most likely the left and right will become entrenched as we always are and it makes no difference. And yes, you have been done for quite some time, I can't help if if you are unable to make a point.
I made my point CLEARLY.

Opinions matter. You think they don't so you are automatically discredited.
Goodbye idiot

You didn't make a point. Basically what you are saying is Republican voters who don't like the President or the Iran deal aren't going to like this either. Who cares? It's not unexpected and I don't see this swaying many peoples' votes. That is my opinion and according to you it matters.

We got 30 million Mexican illeglly in "our territory". Tunnels with power and A/C across border. Is that a big deal? Why don't you allow them rounded up and thank Trump for sending back?
Red herring fallacy.

The thread topic is the president's success in gaining the release of Americans detained in Iran.

But you and most others on the right are such hateful, blind partisan hacks you're incapable of celebrating the good news.

Sad.
Then why didn't he perform this "success" in the past 7 years? Because there were no $ to bestow for the men being released?

Probably because none of them were prisoners 7 years ago and first we had to establish communication. I don't see why you assume it's just a matter of flipping a switch.
I believe all but perhaps Levinson were taken during Obama's watch. Well, a switch was flipped and just as quickly as giving them their $150B and we got to get our people back...for 7 of theirs and 14 off Interpol's red list. A little (or a lot) lopsided wouldn't you say? And you want us to thank Obama and Kerry?

And of course they were all on "Obama's watch" and now they are going home. Do you really want to keep their 7 who are held for sanctions that are no longer valid? What would be the point? Yes, I do want to thank Obama and Kerry because if we had a Republican in the White house who thinks like you guys do we'd never be talking to Iran in the first place.
Talking?

You mean sitting there like a pussy and taking it while they're screaming at us about how much they will kill us right in our faces.

Top Iranian Nuke Negotiator Ordered to Stop Screaming at Kerry
Supreme Leader urges him to lower voice, citing the Quran

Javad Zarif / AP
BY: Adam Kredo
February 19, 2015 5:00 am
Iran’s foreign minister and lead negotiator in nuclear talks with the United States has been ordered by the Islamic Republic’s Supreme Leader to stop shouting and yelling at Secretary of State John Kerry during negotiating sessions.
Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif told his country’s state controlled media in a recent interview that Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has instructed him to stop yelling at Kerry and other top U.S. officials during the talks.
Reports about Zarif’s temper first emerged in the Iranian press last November, when the United States and Iran agreed to extend talks through June of this year.
Zarif is said to “frequently shout at Western diplomats” with such force that bodyguards have been forced to enter the negotiation room.
During one incident described by Iranian officials to the press, European Union Foreign Policy Chief Catherine Ashton, a chief western negotiator, admitted that Zarif had been shouting, and she had gotten used to it.
Abbas Araqchi, an Iranian diplomat who is also a member of the negotiating team, is reported to have said in an interview that during past negotiations in Geneva, Zarif “shouted” at Kerry and spoke to him in a manner “unprecedented” in the history of U.S. diplomacy.
Zarif appeared to cop to this behavior during a recent interview with the state-controlled Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA), according to an independent translation of the report provided to the Washington Free Beacon.

Red herring fallacy.

Sad.

Talking?

You mean sitting there like a pussy and taking it while they're screaming at us about how much they will kill us right in our faces.

Javad Zarif / AP
Iran’s foreign minister and lead negotiator in nuclear talks with the United States has been ordered by the Islamic Republic’s Supreme Leader to stop shouting and yelling at Secretary of State John Kerry during negotiating sessions.
Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif told his country’s state controlled media in a recent interview that Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has instructed him to stop yelling at Kerry and other top U.S. officials during the talks.
Reports about Zarif’s temper first emerged in the Iranian press last November, when the United States and Iran agreed to extend talks through June of this year.
Zarif is said to “frequently shout at Western diplomats” with such force that bodyguards have been forced to enter the negotiation room.
During one incident described by Iranian officials to the press, European Union Foreign Policy Chief Catherine Ashton, a chief western negotiator, admitted that Zarif had been shouting, and she had gotten used to it.
Abbas Araqchi, an Iranian diplomat who is also a member of the negotiating team, is reported to have said in an interview that during past negotiations in Geneva, Zarif “shouted” at Kerry and spoke to him in a manner “unprecedented” in the history of U.S. diplomacy.
Zarif appeared to cop to this behavior during a recent interview with the state-controlled Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA), according to an independent translation of the report provided to the Washington Free Beacon.

Oh noes, not shouting. :eek:

I wasn't aware of any details about the hostages until their release today and I have to admit to at least some surprise that one of them was a pastor. Which left me wondering why anybody from here would want to visit an Islamic third world shithole like Iran.

Red herring fallacy.

Sad.

Talking?

Javad Zarif / AP

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Talking?

Javad Zarif / AP

Yup....if you need a pussy nation to make look foolish, just pick on America while a Democrat is in charge.

Doesn't matter that we could vaporize these scumbags in a microsecond......we're harmless to anyone who wants to blackmail us.

Won't be long and Iran will be shutting down the Persian Gulf and holding Middle East oil hostage.

Now go back to your laughing.

Talking?

Javad Zarif / AP

Yup....if you need a pussy nation to make look foolish, just pick on America while a Democrat is in charge.

Doesn't matter that we could vaporize these scumbags in a microsecond......we're harmless to anyone who wants to blackmail us.

Won't be long and Iran will be shutting down the Persian Gulf and holding Middle East oil hostage.

That's quite a fantasy you've built for yourself. You do know that Kerry and Zarif were shouting at each other, right? Or did your choice of source not let you in on that?

Why would we want to vaporize this?

Last edited:

Talking?

Javad Zarif / AP

That's quite a fantasy you've built for yourself. You do know that Kerry and Zarif were shouting at each other, right? Or did your choice of source not let you in on that?

Buddy, you must be dumb as a stump. Iran has been showing their hand for years:

Can Iran Close the Strait of Hormuz?

By Mark Thompson @MarkThompson_DCDec. 28, 2011Add a Comment
136069120.jpg

Hamed Jafarnejad/AFP/Getty Images
Iranian Admiral Habibollah Sayyari says it would be "very easy" for his navy to shut down the Strait of Hormuz
Follow @TIME
Since it doesn’t have nuclear weapons yet, Iran is playing the lone trump card in its hand: threatening to shut down the Strait of Hormuz through which Persian Gulf oil flows to fuel much of the world’s economy. Iranian navy chief Admiral Habibollah Sayyari told state television Wednesday that it would be “very easy” for his forces to shut down the chokepoint. “Iran has comprehensive control over the strategic waterway,” he said as his vessels continued a 10-day exercise near the strait.
But just how good a trump card is it?
“Iran has constructed a navy with considerable asymmetric and other capabilities designed specifically to be used in an integrated way to conduct area denial operations in the Persian Gulf and SoH, and they routinely exercise these capabilities and issue statements of intent to use them,” Jonathan Schroden writes in a recent report for the Pentagon-funded Center for Naval Analyses. “This combination of capabilities and expressed intent does present a credible threat to international shipping in the Strait.”

Can Iran Close the Strait of Hormuz? | TIME.com

Of course this is great news! What exactly prompted this action?

1. The outrage of Americans after the sailors were released...okay where are the others?
2. The diplomacy of this administration? Then why not during the previous 7 years?
3. Were they concerned that the $150 b would not be coming unless the hostages were released?

Partisan, and a moron, if he believes any of his remarks are substantive.

The take away is simple: Diplomacy Works.

Talking?

Javad Zarif / AP

136069120.jpg

Iranian Admiral Habibollah Sayyari says it would be "very easy" for his navy to shut down the Strait of Hormuz
Follow @TIME
Since it doesn’t have nuclear weapons yet, Iran is playing the lone trump card in its hand: threatening to shut down the Strait of Hormuz through which Persian Gulf oil flows to fuel much of the world’s economy. Iranian navy chief Admiral Habibollah Sayyari told state television Wednesday that it would be “very easy” for his forces to shut down the chokepoint. “Iran has comprehensive control over the strategic waterway,” he said as his vessels continued a 10-day exercise near the strait.
“Iran has constructed a navy with considerable asymmetric and other capabilities designed specifically to be used in an integrated way to conduct area denial operations in the Persian Gulf and SoH, and they routinely exercise these capabilities and issue statements of intent to use them,” Jonathan Schroden writes in a recent report for the Pentagon-funded Center for Naval Analyses. “This combination of capabilities and expressed intent does present a credible threat to international shipping in the Strait.”

Non sequitur ^^^ Fully expected from this ^^^ partisan hack.

Talking?

Javad Zarif / AP

136069120.jpg

Follow @TIME

And?

Talking?

Javad Zarif / AP

136069120.jpg

Follow @TIME

And?

:deal: To put it plainly........you've been pwned.

You can go now. :muahaha:

136069120.jpg

Follow @TIME

And?

:deal: To put it plainly........you've been pwned.

You can go now. :muahaha:

What's the matter, can't even explain your off topic point?

Forum List

Back