BREAKING: Rezaeian and 3 others released in Iran

There are still innocent Americans in Iranian custody and yet the nuclear deal was still enacted. Unbelievable.
Only one left from my understanding and he hasn't been seen alive in two years. I suspect he is dead. Should we have left the others to his uncertainty?

Unless something underhanded is exposed down the road you have to give credit to the administration for getting the others home. I have heard the guys we traded were indeed bad guys but did they actually commit acts of terrorism against the US?

It's a double edged sword. What happened to those sailors was humiliating and degrading. And leave it to Obama to thank Iran for not doing worse. You don't do that. I'm grateful they are released but this is a sign of weakness, not strength. If someone broke into your house and only raped your daughter, would you thank him for not killing her?

You don't do what? Thank Iran for giving back our sailors who were illegally in their territory? I don't see anything wrong with that. Iran shouldn't have broadcast them on tv but all things considered, this is a much better turnout.

Anyway, your rape analogy is ridiculous.

It's a double edged sword. What happened to those sailors was humiliating and degrading. And leave it to Obama to thank Iran for not doing worse. You don't do that. I'm grateful they are released but this is a sign of weakness, not strength. If someone broke into your house and only raped your daughter, would you thank him for not killing her?

You don't do what? Thank Iran for giving back our sailors who were illegally in their territory? I don't see anything wrong with that. Iran shouldn't have broadcast them on tv but all things considered, this is a much better turnout.

Kerry publicly thanking Iran was ridiculous. Silence should have been the wise response to their release.

There are still innocent Americans in Iranian custody and yet the nuclear deal was still enacted. Unbelievable.
Only one left from my understanding and he hasn't been seen alive in two years. I suspect he is dead. Should we have left the others to his uncertainty?

Unless something underhanded is exposed down the road you have to give credit to the administration for getting the others home. I have heard the guys we traded were indeed bad guys but did they actually commit acts of terrorism against the US?
The 7 guys we traded were convicted of non violent, white collar, financial crimes arising out of the sanctions.
The 14 terrorists weren't traded at all. They were taken off the red list so they aren't wanted anymore.

Kerry publicly thanking Iran was ridiculous. Silence should have been the wise response to their release.

Why?

The state-run Islamic Republic News Agency, quoting Jaafari, said the agreement also includes a provision under which the United States will no longer pursue the extradition of 14 Iranians alleged to have been involved in trafficking arms to Iran.
In Washington, the State Department said clemency has been offered to seven Iranians, six of whom are dual U.S.-Iranian citizens, who had been convicted or were awaiting trial in the United States. “The United States also removed any Interpol red notices and dismissed any charges against 14 Iranians for whom it was assessed that extradition requests were unlikely to be successful,” the department said.

Iran frees Post correspondent Jason Rezaian, 3 others, officials say

Nope. It's just continuing propaganda for Obama's idiot deal with his friends.

They get their money today. It won't be long.
No, it's just more whining from the ridiculous right because the nuclear accord with Iran has born the fruit of constructive diplomacy, further confirmation of the president's success.

It also illustrates why no republican has any business being president – the only 'plan' the GOP has concerning Iran is to maintain perpetual conflict and animosity.

Another uneven "deal' on par with the Bergdahl nonsene. Iran get massive. We get 1/5 years late.

Cannot trust. BHO says Gitmo prisoners being "transferred" ah....bullcrap. BHO should say "released.

The 7 guys we traded were convicted of non violent, white collar, financial crimes arising out of the sanctions.
The 14 terrorists weren't traded at all. They were taken off the red list so they aren't wanted anymore.
I understood that were weren't going to extradite them anyhow as that would have never happened so where's the downside?

.broadcast them on tv was bribe to hardliner.this pictures make them happy.
no protest in street.and ...........
iran have their hardliner and consertative too

Thank Iran for giving back our sailors who were illegally in their territory?

We got 30 million Mexican illeglly in "our territory". Tunnels with power and A/C across border. Is that a big deal? Why don't you allow them rounded up and thank Trump for sending back?

who is 14 terrorist?

.broadcast them on tv was bribe to hardliner.this pictures make them happy.
no protest in street.and ...........
iran have their hardliner and consertative too

That makes sense. Technically though it's against international law. However this is a vast improvement from what could have been, so only a minor gripe from me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back