BREAKING: Speaker Boehner to Retire from Congress

I knew there was pressure to elect a new House Leader but I'm a little surprised it all happened this quick. I don't think Boner want's the shame of getting ousted either.

I had heard McCarthy's name bandied about but we'll see.

Thank goodness that Traitor is gone! See what pressure from We The People can achieve?

Republicans will continue to force out all of the moderates so that only the true nutjobs are left in the party. The Republican Party is killing itself slowly but surely.

He's probably resigning because he can't get his party to pull together and actually do their job. I'm betting with him gone we will see no real legislation because they are incapable of anything beyond making ideological stands that go nowhere. Without the ability to compromise and work with the opposition - legislation will go nowhere.
Yeah...the Rs should always compromise with big ears, but big ears should never compromise with the Rs. Is that it?

Or...Obama should always compromise with the R's but the R's should never compromise with Obama. I hear that a lot.

The thing is - if you want accomplish anything - you need to be able to make deals. This Congress is rated among the worst for good reason.

Other - President Obama Job Approval | RealClearPolitics
Congressional Job Approval Rating: 15.2%
Obama:45.9%

GOP’s Favorability Rating Takes a Negative Turn
R's: 32%
D's: 48%
Wheb has Obama ever compromised with the GOP? Never.

Consider the ACA. Many of the ideas incorporated into it were originated by Republicans - yet they refused to work with him on it, or support it in any way even though they had previously supported portions of it - because it had Obama's name on it.
LOL! There were no Republican idea incorporated in the ACA. Republicans were shut out of the process early on by Dems. Remember "We've got the votes, fuck 'em"?

I just don't see any other way for this to play out besides the Senate votes a clean authorization bill. Then McCarthy gives his caucus two bills: a clean authorization and one defunding PP. The first could pass the house, but only with dems supporting those gopers who'd go along, so McCarthy cannot bring that up for a floor vote. Maybe the second one, to defund PP, could pass with just gop support.. . and I think it will because if the GOP can't pass ANYTHING they'd look even dumber than they are. If it passed, it could go to reconciliation and to Obama's desk, where he'd veto it. And, then we're back to "shut er down."

Two weeks into a shutdown, the gop grows weary of being asked why are you conditioning the functioning of the govt over PP?

So, it seems to me it's sort of irrelevant as to who is the speaker.

Republicans will continue to force out all of the moderates so that only the true nutjobs are left in the party. The Republican Party is killing itself slowly but surely.

You need to catch up on the latest facts. It is the Republicans that control a majority of state governments, the federal congress and has a majority appointments on SCOTUS.

It is also the Republicans that have a healthy diversity to their POTUS candidates while the Dimbocrats cant find anyone that isn't white or under 60 to run.

The Dimbocrats are sucking hind tit and everyone with a brain knows it.

Trey Gowdy would be my choice. Darrell Issa a close second. The GOP is tired of Republicans always playing circular firing squad with Democrats and coming out behind.

LONG overdue, I'm sorry but Boehner has been Obama's punk the guy never embraced his power of a separate but equal branch of government. We need to elect someone speaker who will tell Obama and the Democrats to shove it!
:lol:

And then what?

And then we continue to destroy the Democratic party, we already booted the fools out of congress in two historic ass beatings.

LONG overdue, I'm sorry but Boehner has been Obama's punk the guy never embraced his power of a separate but equal branch of government. We need to elect someone speaker who will tell Obama and the Democrats to shove it!

And then what?
War...a return to automobiles that only get 15 mpg with a ban on economical diesels, electric cars piled in heaps in huge "recalls" in the desert. More fracking, a criminalizing of any green energy...um...ban on abortions while fiscal programs for unwanted children are dissolved. No universal healthcare, more jobs shipped overseas and less taxes for the richest 1%...

...You know, sane business as usual..

He's probably resigning because he can't get his party to pull together and actually do their job. I'm betting with him gone we will see no real legislation because they are incapable of anything beyond making ideological stands that go nowhere. Without the ability to compromise and work with the opposition - legislation will go nowhere.
Yeah...the Rs should always compromise with big ears, but big ears should never compromise with the Rs. Is that it?

Or...Obama should always compromise with the R's but the R's should never compromise with Obama. I hear that a lot.

The thing is - if you want accomplish anything - you need to be able to make deals. This Congress is rated among the worst for good reason.

Consider the ACA. Many of the ideas incorporated into it were originated by Republicans - yet they refused to work with him on it, or support it in any way even though they had previously supported portions of it - because it had Obama's name on it.
LOL! There were no Republican idea incorporated in the ACA. Republicans were shut out of the process early on by Dems. Remember "We've got the votes, fuck 'em"?
you aren't that ignorant.

I don't think you Liberals know whats coming.

Good.

Greater insanity? I think Republicans need to move further to the right before the electorate says enough of them.
It is working well so far. The Tea Party is why the GOP has twice the power at the state and federal level as the Dimbos do.
this is true. never underestimate that power of stupid people in large groups.
Which is why you libtards do not trust democracy and faun all over dictators like Castro and Stalin.

You're wrong, just like you're wrong about Eric Cantor, you coward.

And then what?
Then they'll go back to whining about how they only lost because the media is in Obama's pocket.

I don't think you Liberals know whats coming.

Good.

Greater insanity? I think Republicans need to move further to the right before the electorate says enough of them.
It is working well so far. The Tea Party is why the GOP has twice the power at the state and federal level as the Dimbos do.
this is true. never underestimate that power of stupid people in large groups.
Which is why you libtards do not trust democracy and faun all over dictators like Castro and Stalin.
try not to speak for me.

republican groups have figured out how to motivate a group of idiots large enough to sway local elections. enthusiasm at that level is very important.

but let's not kid ourselves - they are not motivating the best and brightest. just look at places like missouri and kansas and the issues those state reps run on. here's a hint - they aren't state issues.

You're wrong, just like you're wrong about Eric Cantor, you coward.
crying-baby.jpg

Forum List

Back