BREAKING: Speaker Boehner to Retire from Congress

"if you want to address spending that's fine" YES. Eliminate 3-7 entire departments now. Freeze all hiring (but soldiers). Cut all salary 10%. No seminars/parties/travel till budget balance. No immigration. Put all public employee into same HealthCare and Pension (SSI) as regular Joe.

Then, take a look and start cutting more. (Equal opportunity anger: Hated it when GWB created Homeland Security or sent troops to Iraq). The GOVT is eating up society and say "raise taxes".

Boehner will probably go out on a high note, keeping the Gubmint up-and-running before he exits, stage right.

A little payback for the ultra-right-wingers who were threatening to force his hand.
Right now....Boehner has nothing to lose telling TeaTards to go fuck themselves

Arrive an Alcoholic poor bum with 13 handicap and go home a millionaire alkie at about a "5" (nice)

"claiming that cuts in federal taxes increases federal revenues is overly simplistic and borders on idiotic. "

OK, I bad. The country down the tubes (soon to be $20T in debt) and I get lambasted over details. I will attempt to be 100% factually and mathematically solid. I think the points are generally understood.

More money in private sector, more transactions, more taxation......hold spending steady. Good.

Cuts in income taxes reduces revenues.

This is no longer discussed in the economic community as it has been discredited, including amongst conservative economists.

"claiming that cuts in federal taxes increases federal revenues is overly simplistic and borders on idiotic. "

OK, I bad. The country down the tubes (soon to be $20T in debt) and I get lambasted over details. I will attempt to be 100% factually and mathematically solid. I think the points are generally understood.

More money in private sector, more transactions, more taxation......hold spending steady. Good.

Cuts in income taxes reduces revenues.

This is no longer discussed in the economic community as it has been discredited, including amongst conservative economists.
So then we will have decreased revenues.

If we have decreased revenues, then decision-makers will finally be obliged to begin making some tough choices.

It's risky, but the alternative is already known to be a dead-end, as we keep kicking the can down the road for the next guy to deal with it.

Boehner will probably go out on a high note, keeping the Gubmint up-and-running before he exits, stage right.

A little payback for the ultra-right-wingers who were threatening to force his hand.

Actually, he has good reason for a little payback.

Meanwhile, the GOP is descending into political infighting and legislative anarchy even as the GOP presidential nomination process is becoming an ongoing freak show of extremist views which seems to be a necessary requirement if a candidate hopes to get any traction. Some of those people won't be happy until or unless they run the GOP brand right into the ground. The irony is that the GOP created this monster because it helped them win elections. And they fed 'the beast' every chance they got. Now it's off the leash and wreaking havoc on the party as a whole.

Good times!

Last edited:
"if you want to address spending that's fine" YES. Eliminate 3-7 entire departments now. Freeze all hiring (but soldiers). Cut all salary 10%. No seminars/parties/travel till budget balance. No immigration. Put all public employee into same HealthCare and Pension (SSI) as regular Joe.

Then, take a look and start cutting more. (Equal opportunity anger: Hated it when GWB created Homeland Security or sent troops to Iraq). The GOVT is eating up society and say "raise taxes".

Blind indiscriminate cuts

You are a moron...you must be conservative

Actually, he has good reason for a little payback.

Meanwhile, the GOP is descending into political infighting and legislative anarchy even as the GOP presidential nomination process is becoming an ongoing freak show of extremist views which seems to be a necessary requirement if a candidate hopes to get any traction. Some of those people won't be happy until or unless they run the GOP brand right into the ground. The irony is that they GOP created this monster because it helped them win elections. And they fed 'the beast' every chance they got. Now it's off the leash and wreaking havoc on the party as a whole.

Good times!
For the first time in eight years....Republucans hold Congress

This change will assure they will accomplish nothing.......Obama wins again

We can open up a separate account for only deposits from those who want to give more.

"extremist views which seems to be a necessary requirement"

it ain't working like it is. Change can be good. Sometimes necessary.

"For the first time in eight years....Republucans hold Congress"

huh? historical wipe out election wins in 2010 2012 (but the RINO did not play)

"Some of those people won't be happy until or unless they run the GOP brand right into the ground."

maybe they can call it something else? don't care. don't tank my IRA again.

Private industry makes massive cuts constantly (salary and personal). No blank check. Apple went into toilet in the 80s' and reduced almost to nothing (I suppose). Take a look at how they grew from that.

We can open up a separate account for only deposits from those who want to give more.

Sounds cool

Want war......open up an account
Want to cut taxes on the rich? Write a check to make up the difference

"Some of those people won't be happy until or unless they run the GOP brand right into the ground."

What's happening right now may be a sign that the GOP is going to end up splitting into two different parties. Or it could be that moderate Republicans will begin to align themselves with more conservative Democrats in order to marginalize the extremists within their own party.

Tax Cuts only cost the Government money, not the people.

Tax Cut = Less Money taken from People.
Tax Cut = Government must do with less.

Government doesn't have to "pay for" tax cuts, they just do with less.

Just like everyone else that doesn't get a raise or gets a paycut.

What's happening right now may be a sign that the GOP is going to end up splitting into two different parties. Or it could be that moderate Republicans will begin to align themselves with more conservative Democrats in order to marginalize the extremists within their own party.

"conservative Democrats" LOL! good one. Dem=Commies, Rino=Dems........all = tax/spend/waste

"if you want to address spending that's fine" YES. Eliminate 3-7 entire departments now. Freeze all hiring (but soldiers)
see, even you have your sacred cows.
Cut all salary 10%.
why? who would stay on?
No seminars/parties/travel till budget balance.
seriously? you aren't going to pay for travel for anyone? no more going to schools or training for soldiers?
No immigration.
lol. what in the hell does that have to do with the budget?
Put all public employee into same HealthCare and Pension (SSI) as regular Joe.
i think you greatly overestimate federal benefits.

you don't seem that 'equal opportunity'

Sounds cool

ya know Cap'n........not all that bad an idea. Pay as you go. Pay into what you want to use.

Democrats need to play one faction off the other

Marginalized the GOP

Sounds cool

ya know Cap'n........not all that bad an idea. Pay as you go. Pay into what you want to use.
Shit yea..

I don't need police or schools.....you pay for them if you need them
I don't need roads that you use.....you pay for them
Who needs the biggest military in the world? You want it, you pay for it

Every man for himself

Forum List

Back