Breaking - Thug Fight: 9 Dead in Waco, TX

And here is a complete takedown of hemenway,the hack, and kellerman...and how they distort research to push their anti gun agenda...you can look at the following pages for specific points....

13, 109, 111, 113-114 (burglaries lie) 126 national inst. of Just. Police foundation survey2.45 million

https://www.saf.org/wp-content/uploads/journals/JFPP11.pdf
*It should be noted that Gary Kleck has refused to defend his study ever ..
The Kleck Study is a Running Joke

And that is a lie....he defened it all the time and actually made his research available...you need to stop reading the anti-gun nutter cites........he just defended his study in april, moron....

In fact, I have posted numerous interviews, and papers where he defends his study...in fact, moron, I just posted a defense of his study in my last post...try reading it...you would learn a lot....

This is where Kleck defends his study...one of them...of many...moron....
https://www.saf.org/wp-content/uploads/journals/JFPP11.pdf

In this article, Florida State University Professor Gary Kleck
responds to critics of the National Self-Defense Survey,
which found that there are approximately 2.5 million
defensive gun uses per year in the United States.

1. Introduction
It has now been confirmed by at least 16 surveys, including
the 1993 National Self-Defense Survey (NSDS) of Kleck and
Gertz (1995), 12 other national surveys, and 3 state-wide surveys,
that defensive use of firearms by crime victims is common in the
United States, probably substantially more common than criminal
uses of guns by offenders.

data from the Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics National Crime Victimization survey suggested that while over one million violent crimes were committed with guns each year, guns were used defensively 60,000 to 120,000 times.

in 2010, for every single justifiable homicide by a civilian using a firearm there were over 37 criminal firearm homicides. In the same year, the Centers for Disease Control, which has more complete data on gun violence than the FBI, found that gun homicide outpaced "legal intervention" with a firearm by a 32-to-1 ratio.

Dr. Hemenway's analysis of Kleck's data proves the 2.5 million figure to be a mathematical impossibility. In a 1997 paper, Hemenway explained that:

n 34% of the times a gun was used for self-defense, the offender was allegedly committing a burglary. In other words, guns were reportedly used by defenders for self-defense in approximately 845,000 burglaries. From sophisticated victimization surveys, however, we know that there were fewer than 6 million burglaries in the year of the survey and in only 22% of those cases was someone certainly at home (1.3 million burglaries). Since only 42% of U.S. households own firearms, and since victims in two thirds of the occupied dwellings were asleep, the 2.5 million figure requires us to believe that burglary victims use their guns in self-defense more than 100% of the time. [emphasis added]

data from the Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics National Crime Victimization survey suggested that while over one million violent crimes were committed with guns each year, guns were used defensively 60,000 to 120,000 times.

in 2010, for every single justifiable homicide by a civilian using a firearm there were over 37 criminal firearm homicides. In the same year, the Centers for Disease Control, which has more complete data on gun violence than the FBI, found that gun homicide outpaced "legal intervention" with a firearm by a 32-to-1 ratio.

Have you been talking to brain...he always brings up the NCVS.....you do know it is not a gun study...right? That the NCVS never asks people if they used a gun for self defense...right?

Dr. Hemenway's analysis of Kleck's data proves the 2.5 million figure to be a mathematical impossibility. In a 1997 paper, Hemenway explained that:

n 34% of the times a gun was used for self-defense, the offender was allegedly committing a burglary. In other words, guns were reportedly used by defenders for self-defense in approximately 845,000 burglaries. From sophisticated victimization surveys, however, we know that there were fewer than 6 million burglaries in the year of the survey and in only 22% of those cases was someone certainly at home (1.3 million burglaries). Since only 42% of U.S. households own firearms, and since victims in two thirds of the occupied dwellings were asleep, the 2.5 million figure requires us to believe that burglary victims use their guns in self-defense more than 100% of the time. [emphasis added]

Hemenway lied......read Klecks defense of his paper...moron.....

He addresses that very attack from hemenway the hack.......

And one of your nutter articles sites Gallup polling....really......did you see what number Gallup came up with at the time Kleck did his study.....here, check out some actual research...moron...

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)
DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)
Kleck...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Notice...moron....many of those studies were done by actual gun grabber researchers......and Kleck was anti gun when he did his study.......

Why is it you nutters only go after Kleck when there are so many other studies that put the number as high or higher than his.......and not one of the studies puts the number below 764,000.......and these studies were done by economists, criminologists, both private and public...notice the clinton justice dept. study...actually done by 2 anti gunners, and the obama CDC research into all gun research available in 2013...they spent 10 million dollars doing that research...moron....and obama and the cdc are as anti gun as you get.....

Now you advocate we ban doctors before we ban guns?

The poster believes that there is no gun problem at all in the US..."Nuff said...

Moron...which part of the problem with guns is mainly in small, multi block areas of democrat controlled inner cites, committed by gangs and drug gangs is saying there is no gun problem in the U.S.......I say that every time some moron like you says something stupid about guns in the U.S.

NUFF SAID....MORON....

There’s a certain number that gun fanatics just love. Well, actually there are several numbers they love, but there’s one in particular that they lustfully salivate over: 2.5 million. That’s the putative number of defensive gun uses (DGUs) that occur in the United States every single year. That’s a highly impressive “statistic”, which is why you’ll see it starring on bumper stickers or websites or wherever else people want to emphasize the need for firearms in order to feel safe from all the THEMs out there.

Except the “statistic” is not really a statistic.
It’s a projection, an estimate, put forth in a “study” by Florida criminologist Dr. Gary Kleck (in collaboration with Professor Marc Gertz), based on interviews of alleged defenders in 1993. Except the “study” wasn’t really a study; it was a survey, which is a sort of glorified poll.

Whatever terminology you choose to use, the point is that the Kleck “study”, which involved 222 respondents, didn’t really estimate how many DGU’s actually occur; it estimated how often gun owners say they occur. That’s a different thing, but just how different is it? Well, let’s see how it stacks up against the real world.

Dr. Kleck, Meet Mr. Gallup

According to Gallup(a poll, not a study, but generally rather reliable) 30 percent of American adults own guns. With a U.S. population of 313 million, roughly 75 percent of whom (about 230 million) are adults, that translates to about 70 million gun owners. The gun culture estimates its own strength at 80 million, so let’s assume they’re right, and Gallup not so much so. That would mean that one out of 32 gun owners is involved in a DGU every year. Seriously? Even if we factor in the additional 12 percent who, according to Gallup, live in a household in which someone owns a gun, that means 99 million who have access to one. And that would still mean that one out of 40 of them is involved in a DGU every year.

That is ridiculous....

What a dummy you are. So you admit the conservatives have always been the racists? Good job.
Call them whatever you want, they've always been Democrats and they still are.
Democrats are primarily liberal you dummy. :laugh:
No shit, Sherlock, you just made my point for me. Calling them conservatives doesn't MAKE them conservatives but the racists are always Democrats. Thanks, moron. :lol:
Who enforced Jim Crow laws, Conservatives or Liberals?

I already know you will fail this again.
4i6Ckte.gif
Well, since your butt buddy Asswipias just stated that most Democrats are liberals, and since all racist laws were passed, signed, and enforced by Democrats, I would say that they were probably liberals. The same liberals who enslaved the same black people to welfare in order to keep them on the plantation after their racist laws were struck down by conservative Republicans. If you two were smart enough to recognize that you wouldn't still be on the plantation. But then again, maybe you would, because your laziness would probably trump any ambition you might have had.
So, the KKK was a Liberal group?
4i6Ckte.gif

Like I said, you're a retard.

"problem with guns is mainly in small, multi block areas of democrat controlled inner cites"...wing nut declaration

Now the poster is saying that the there is not a gun problem there is a problem with "the Negro" having guns....he also says there is no racism in the US...

Does Texasss have "stand your ground" laws?

Could all these feral thugs just claim self defense?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

FBI calls the biker gangs involved in deadly Waco shooting 'criminal enterprises' who 'pose a serious national domestic threat'
  • On Sunday, rival motorcycle clubs opened fire outside a restaurant in Waco, Texas, leaving nine dead and 170 arrested
  • The battle was between the Bandidos, one of America's largest outlaw bike gangs, and the Cossacks, who had been challenging their dominance
  • The FBI has called the Bandidos 'a growing criminal threat'

Read more: FBI calls the biker gangs involved in deadly Waco shooting criminal enterprises who pose a serious national domestic threat Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

They're just domestic terrorists.

FBI calls the biker gangs involved in deadly Waco shooting 'criminal enterprises' who 'pose a serious national domestic threat'
  • On Sunday, rival motorcycle clubs opened fire outside a restaurant in Waco, Texas, leaving nine dead and 170 arrested
  • The battle was between the Bandidos, one of America's largest outlaw bike gangs, and the Cossacks, who had been challenging their dominance
  • The FBI has called the Bandidos 'a growing criminal threat'

Read more: FBI calls the biker gangs involved in deadly Waco shooting criminal enterprises who pose a serious national domestic threat Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

They're just domestic terrorists.

They are dangerous criminals and I'm glad 170 were arrested. I hope they get more. l hope they crush these gangs with as much jail time as possible for these pieces of human garbage as possible.

THose that get convinced of murder I hope get the death penalty. I am not all that concerned about how it is carried out, nor how humane the process.

NOt how I do not make excuses for them, minimize their actions, deny their crimes, blame the cops, blame society or any of other little games libs like to play when the murderers are black.

Forum List

Back