BREAKING: U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara has just been FIRED

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
0aKktqE.png

#DrainsTheSwamp #MAGA

Excellent. Hopefully this gives the others an incentive to resign. It probably won't. So expect to see this becoming a common trend with the Trump administration.......

If you work fir the Government butwon't do as your told by your BETTERS; find yourself another job.

58c44f231e00002a0077f390.jpeg

BREAKING: U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara has just been FIRED

Last year, Bharara said Trump had asked him to stay on in his position.

Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, and one of the most high profile federal prosecutors in the country said he had been fired Saturday after refusing to resign his post.

“The president-elect asked, presumably because he’s a New Yorker and is aware of the great work that our office has done over the past seven years, asked to meet with me to discuss whether or not I’d be prepared to stay on as the United States attorney to do the work as we have done it, independently, without fear or favor for the last seven years,” Bharara said in November. “We had a good meeting. I said I would absolutely consider staying on. I agreed to stay on. I have already spoken to Senator Sessions, who is as you know is the nominee to be the attorney general. He also asked that I stay on, and so I expect that I will be continuing to work at the southern district.”

Though it is within his power to dismiss Bharara, doing so at this juncture contains political peril for Trump, to the extent that it suggests he’s immunizing himself from potential investigations. The Southern District of New York ― Bharara’s jurisdiction ― includes Trump Towers, the home and office of Trump and the headquarters of his presidential campaign.

More: After Refusing To Resign, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Says He Was Fired By Trump Justice Department

Why exactly was he fired? Did it have to do with his investigations?

Last edited:
Breaking News on MSNBC. Why exactly was he fired? Did it have to do with his investigations?

Last year, Bharara said Trump had asked him to stay on in his position.

Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, and one of the most high profile federal prosecutors in the country said he had been fired Saturday after refusing to resign his post.

After Refusing To Resign, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Says He Was Fired By Trump Justice Department

Nope....simply cleaning house of the obama nuts still in office....

:clap::clap2:

Funny how Democrats conveniently forget about Slick Willy Clinton firing 93 Attorneys immediately after taking office. They completely lost it when Bush fired just 8 Attorneys. They're such disingenuous hypocrites. The reality is, all holdovers must go. Trump needs to follow Slick Willy's lead and dump em all. Period, end of story.

Last edited:
I think all the rest of the obamas should be fired also.

Yes, clean house. Bill Clinton fired 93 Attorneys immediately after taking office. No Democrats complained one bit. Yet they completely freaked out when Bush fired just 8 Attorneys. Absolute dishonest hypocrites. So Trump shouldn't worry about what Democrats think. Just dump these hold-over Attorneys immediately.

From the OP:

Though it is within his power to dismiss Bharara, doing so at this juncture contains political peril for Trump, to the extent that it suggests he’s immunizing himself from potential investigations. The Southern District of New York ― Bharara’s jurisdiction ― includes Trump Towers, the home and office of Trump and the headquarters of his presidential campaign.

From the OP:

And yet we had a Federal prosecutor already working the clinton White Water crimes...and they fired that prosecutor and you guys didn't care......

Wait, wasn't Bharara the one who was supposedly investigting the Clinton Foundation for sex trafficking?

I'm pretty sure I heard that here.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yep. I sure did.

Hope this guys life insurance is paid up...but with that said I suspect Hillary's ass just puckered.

Meet The Prosecutor That Could Take Down The Clinton Foundation

Preet Bharara, dubbed ‘The Showman’ in The New Yorker for his penchant for theatrics and wisecracks, runs the U.S. Attorney’s office in the Southern District of New York and has racked up an impressive number of corruption convictions — from Wall Street bankers, hedge funds, and New York organized crime to prominent politicians.

The FBI has enlisted Bharara’s office (along with others) in part for his prosecutorial aggressiveness that career DOJ attorneys may lack.

Meet The Prosecutor That Could Take Down The Clinton Foundation

FBI Leaks: Why Comey Didn't Charge Hillary

From the OP:

It's well-within his authority to remove him, and others. All hold-overs should be removed immediately. And y'all didn't complain one bit when Slick Willy Clinton fired 93 Attorneys immediately after taking office. So whining about this just exposes you as disingenuous hypocrites...

Slick Willy doing it = 'Good'

Trump doing it = 'Bad'

I call BULLSHITE.

Forum List

Back