Brief Remarks: Speaker McCarthy: Eggs Used to be a Cheap Protein...Now They're a Delicacy

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
bemoaning the price of eggs but also chips and guac is $16

FpdJDDNaAAAbela

Last edited:
I pay less now. I switched from organic to conventionally produced eggs. I was paying $5/dozen, now I pay $3.50.

I also only eat one egg for breakfast, not two as most do. It's still cheap protein.

Can you explain how Dems control the Bird Flu?

Bird flu knows borders, huh?

Mexico has no problem. People are smuggling eggs in from Mexico.

There are many more products that are more expensive than only eggs.

Used cars
Airline fares
Furniture

Giving out free money and spending trillions while there are supply chain issues INCREASES DEMAND WHILE DECREASING SUPPLY.

THIS CAUSES INFLATION.

The fed keeps raising rates to try to reduce demand.

There, I did your homework for you….I know how you hate to do your own homework.

I pay less now. I switched from organic to conventionally produced eggs. I was paying $5/dozen, now I pay $3.50.

I also only eat one egg for breakfast, not two as most do. It's still cheap protein.

It is a bit odd here last time I bought eggs. First, egg prices have been trending down locally, but I was able to buy the organic brown eggland eggs for less than the price of the generic white who knows what brand slave chicken eggs (not that any of them or not mass-produced really). That was at Walmart. I normally get them at Aldi where they were down to $3.60 from $4.90 but didn't feel like making an extra stop to save a buck as our Aldi's location is a PITA to get in and out of as it is sandwiched between a Sheetz and a Chik-Fil-A.

Bird flu knows borders, huh?
It can. I am uncertain how much it has spread in Mexico, and whether or not Mexico culls flocks. We have similar policies to Europe/Canada. Mexico? who knows.

Note, wholesale prices have already fallen back to April 2022 levels. This is below 2020, 2018 and 2015 highs. Still has a ways to go, but if trends continue will be at historical average levels by the end of March.

Forum List

Back