Bring back the rep system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woulda put an "agree" on this one but for the last line where it descends back down to finger-pointing.

I don't believe "the right" did this or "the left" did that as regards rep. I believe individual posters, who personally can't handle their worldviews being challenged, abused the system, and all this stupid finger-pointing is paranoid delusion. I know exactly who used to hunt me down and it wasn't "the right". It was "the whiners". Those exist on every side. That's a personal trait, not a political one.

Finger pointing? Specifically, jake and stat whined and got rep taken away. Yes, abusers on both sides existed but instead of taking the ability to rep away from them, jake and crew forced the mods to take it away from everyone. Damn right I"ll point my finger at the assholes who ruined it for the majority who used it as intended.

you crack me up jake, no self awareness.....

You are lying, because you can't prove it. You and Ernie S. were part of a several years' assault by the extreme far righities against all you did not approve. Stats figured away for the rest of us to punish you guys and take away your collective power. The sane side of the Board beat down the crazy far right reactionaries. You have been whining ever since.

Bring back the rep system. Page 8 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Yes, finger pointing, because your alleged knowledge of how the administration of this board works is conspiratorial bullshit.

Here's the complete list of actual evidence that Jake, Stats, or anybody else "forced the mods" to do jack squat:

-- wanna see it again?

This is kinda like the old days of rep wars, watching the far right running around and lying and crying and then melting down. One of things they do is to make claims, then you will say that's not so, then they challenge you to refute their unsubstantiated claim. Yurt and MalBear are doing that already above.

Watch Yurt.

Wait? What? What claim have I made in this thread Jake? Specifically what I have I claimed ?

JakeStarkey what claim did I make in this thread Jake?

JakeStarkey where did you go old timer?

I woulda put an "agree" on this one but for the last line where it descends back down to finger-pointing.

I don't believe "the right" did this or "the left" did that as regards rep. I believe individual posters, who personally can't handle their worldviews being challenged, abused the system, and all this stupid finger-pointing is paranoid delusion. I know exactly who used to hunt me down and it wasn't "the right". It was "the whiners". Those exist on every side. That's a personal trait, not a political one.

Finger pointing? Specifically, jake and stat whined and got rep taken away. Yes, abusers on both sides existed but instead of taking the ability to rep away from them, jake and crew forced the mods to take it away from everyone. Damn right I"ll point my finger at the assholes who ruined it for the majority who used it as intended.

You are lying, because you can't prove it. You and Ernie S. were part of a several years' assault by the extreme far righities against all you did not approve. Stats figured away for the rest of us to punish you guys and take away your collective power. The sane side of the Board beat down the crazy far right reactionaries. You have been whining ever since.

Yeah, Rep went away because of the new board software change. Not because anyone whined and had it taken away. Jake was incorrect in that line you underlined. Stat and others were pos repping newbies with differing opinions to keep them from being discouraged with negs and leaving the board because they were being bombarded with negs when they got here. Once someone's rep got high enough they were left alone.

Incorrect? Jake flat out lied if what you say is true.

Also, if people were pos repping others just to bring their rep up, they were abusing the system.

Yes, finger pointing, because your alleged knowledge of how the administration of this board works is conspiratorial bullshit.

Here's the complete list of actual evidence that Jake, Stats, or anybody else "forced the mods" to do jack squat:

-- wanna see it again?

So what you're saying is that Jake , once again, lied, when claims that he and this Stat fellow did it to keep the "far right from tearing this board down?"

Yeah, Rep went away because of the new board software change. Not because anyone whined and had it taken away. Jake was incorrect in that line you underlined. Stat and others were pos repping newbies with differing opinions to keep them from being discouraged with negs and leaving the board because they were being bombarded with negs when they got here. Once someone's rep got high enough they were left alone.

Also, if people were pos repping others just to bring their rep up, they were abusing the system.

Right, and what about the people who were ganging up on folks for having another opinion and negging them constantly? Total abuse of the system.

And your little consipiracy theory that Jake and Stat got rep taken away from all of us is a lie also.

Right, and what about the people who were ganging up on folks for having another opinion and negging them constantly? Total abuse of the system.

And your little consipiracy theory that Jake and Stat got rep taken away from all of us is a lie also.

What conspiracy theory? Jake has posted several times that he got it done, and seems quite proud of it.

-- wanna see it again?

Jake admits that: " Stats figured away for the rest of us to punish you guys and take away your collective power. The sane side of the Board beat down the crazy far right reactionaries", and I'm the one full of conspiratorial bullshit? :lol:

jake lied, rep died.

-- wanna see it again?

Jake admits that: " Stats figured away for the rest of us to punish you guys and take away your collective power. The sane side of the Board beat down the crazy far right reactionaries", and I'm the one full of conspiratorial bullshit? :lol:

jake lied, rep died.

I wish a snake would die every time Jake lied, I hate snakes.

Then take repping ability away from the abusers. Pretty simple.

jake admitted that stat found a way to punish other posters and abused the system repping others just to increase their points, he was bragging about it. No words for his abuse of the system?

35 pages in and just now it's being said that rep was lost due to the new board software? Interesting.

jake admitted that stat found a way to punish other posters and abused the system repping others just to increase their points, he was bragging about it. No words for his abuse of the system?

35 pages in and just now it's being said that rep was lost due to the new board software? Interesting.

Jake has also bragged that HIS complaints brought the end to rep

That being said, Jake is a liar, and I can certainly see him taking credit for something that he had nothing to do with.

There's probably a reason no staff members have posted in this thread.

It was announced before the board switched to the new software by C_K that rep was going away with the change.

I don't have a problem with POS repping people who are being ganged up on for having a different opinion to help them. As soon as these people started getting high rep, then there was constant whining about it. This did not include the trolls who deserved it.

It was announced before the board switched to the new software by C_K that rep was going away with the change.

I don't have a problem with POS repping people who are being ganged up on for having a different opinion to help them. As soon as these people started getting high rep, then there was constant whining about it. This did not include the trolls who deserved it.

Something tells me that you also didn't mind those who you didn't like getting neg repped either.

No need to lie about it.

Something tells me that you also didn't mind those who you didn't like getting neg repped either.

No need to lie about it.

I hated neg repping and rarely participated in it.

I remember very well when Mertex joined. She was slapped with red negs in her damn introduction thread. I was like WTF? So I started xapping her with pos rep..and others joined in. I can't count the times a newb would join just to be negged OUT.

Yeah, as I recall, even CK came in and gave me some pos rep. All this bs about missing the "ability to send nice messages" - to quite a few it was all about bullying....plain and simple, some of us were trying to use it the way it was intended and had to contend with the bullies.

Oh by the way, Gracie.....I really liked your post.

So why not take the ability to rep away from those abusing it and leave it for the rest of us who didn't abuse it? That's part of why people are pissed that it's gone.

I can see one specific reason.....many that were pinked were the ones that were abusing it, and they just keep coming back under different names, so they would continue to be able to do it. This way, nobody is able to abuse it anymore.
DING DING DING! Winner winner chicken dinner!

Saw it was going away, never saw that it was due to the software. I, and others, were under the impression it was a choice the mods made due to whining.

Saw it was going away, never saw that it was due to the software. I, and others, were under the impression it was a choice the mods made due to whining.

Maybe we can get a clear answer

cereal_killer are jake's claims that he got rep removed to keep rightwing extremists from ruining the board true or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back