Bring back the rep system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
him & Mebelle60 (BOTH rw'ers quelle surprise!!! :doubt: ) "serial" negged. The FIRST thing they did when they logged-on was troll past posts to lock-on one to neg. Infantile crap like that rightfully doomed the failed "gotcha" system

By your complete silence on the rest of my post I take it that you've realized that it was the left that whined and cried to the mods, asked for and got mod interference. So we can expect your spewage that it's the "rwr's who want more gov't interference" in this thread to stop.

Alrighty then.

You could only neg rep the same person once every 48 hours or you'd lose your own rep, so how did they 'serial' neg? So two negs, one from MB one from Ernie, every two days and the left went ballistic. So .... why didn't those getting negged and not being able to handle it turn it off, or ignore MB and E, or return the neg with a :lol: and take the wind out of their sails, or just allow friends to msg you? Why didn't they resolve the problem themselves? Why did they demand (and get) mod interference? Why are you ok with everyone getting punished (jake's term) for the actions of a few?
thanks for reminding me of the 48-hour rule instituted after rw cliques, gang neg repped anyone who didn't conform to their worship :bowdown: of the Repub party. kg & rat in the hat hounded a n00b off of the board because he wouldn't sing the Right's praises lol. You're funny hun. :p

You are a lying sack of shit. I didn't "hound" decker off the board with negs. In fact, I never negged him. He left because I was ridiculing his "dyslexic concern troll" act on his visitor wall.
He was a concern troll. Those that couldn't see it were retarded.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that "the right" was the only one picking on people.

Sure you do......even though you claim you're not partisan......but I never saw a "rightie" being ganged upon with neg rep to the point they had "splats". If there was, tell me who, I'll be waiting.

shootspeeders and tank both lean right and I believe they had splats at various times. I know tank did.

The gang negging went both ways, stop pretending that only the right did it.

You've listed two......and I'm not even sure they ever had red splats....but there were many more lefties that were forced to leave because of the gang neg-repping.

People were forced to leave by other members? That doesn't seem right.
It wasn't right, but the neg reppers had a mob mentality.

I can definitely think of a bunch of dumb posters on both sides who would play the "we can't out think you so we'll run you off the board" game, the idiots on my sports board do that to, and unfortunately the moderators let them get away with it, that's why I mostly just read there.

CK told us ALL that we would love the new software..and some things would be very different. Rep being one of them. He told us BEFORE the change over.
We don't all love it. That makes him a liar.
No. It has some great perks. I miss the old board, though.
Still, if you don't like it, raving ravi...door is thataway >>>>>>>>>

CK told us ALL that we would love the new software..and some things would be very different. Rep being one of them. He told us BEFORE the change over.
I'd rather bitch. One day ck will get fired for incompetence. Or the board will die.

I'd rather bitch. One day ck will get fired for incompetence. Or the board will die.

Or CK will decide he's had enough of you and you'll go bye bye

please play nice Ravi, of all the outright liars here, you're my favorite.

Last edited:

Meh, I won't stop being me, what would be the point. but thanks.

You mean you won't stop being you except for when you are being Valerie right? :rofl:

Mods tried several times to tame the abuses. They put a limit on how often you could neg, they warned the abusers, they allowed people to opt out. Still the gang negging continued
Finally, they dumped it totally and allowed a red x. You still had posters bragging about how many red x's they could drop

Children need to be treated like children. If they don't play nice, take away their toys

Mods didn't take away the ability to rep from the abusers and leave it alone for the rest of us, they took it away from everyone. That's the problem, that's what people are complaining about.
Exactly! I did use neg rep frequently as a type of behavior modification or as a tool to let others know that the idiot with the string of red splats should be avoided.

Yes I got into rep wars with a few people. We traded negs back and forth til one of us got bored. BUT when I negged, there was a valid reason. I didn't neg simply because of a difference in opinion. I negged vulgar, hypocritical, hateful or terminally stupid people.

Oh horseshit Ernie. You negged me on the 48s in my early days here and even told me in advance you were going to do it. Now how do you neg "vulgar, hypocritical, hateful terminally stupid" posts that don't even exist yet?
You're full of shit, as usual. I negged stupid shit. There were several people who's stupid shit I could only neg once every 48 hours. If the time limit had been 15 minutes, there would have been no shortage of neg worthy posts.

Don't lie Ernie. I have your very words saying just that. I could quote it back to you verbatim if it wasn't against site rules, but you and I both know it exists. Man up already.
Do you now?.... Most likely, I negged a particularly stupid post and you decided to return the neg with some equally stupid comment. I may very well have told you that I would continue the game as long as you wanted.

THAT was pretty much my pattern. I negged someone, for what I considered a valid reason. If they accepted my assessment of their post, they were OK in my book. IF they decided to return the neg on a post that didn't deserve such, I would hit back. The game would continue until the person got the hint.

I made both friends and enemies with rep comments. I really thought you and I were past that, but I really don't take kindly to being called a liar by a self absorbed ass.

You mean you won't stop being you except for when you are being Valerie right? :rofl:
Sure, mani.

Sure, mani.

Who's Mani?? Is it just me , or is getting a little nipply in here?

Sure, mani.

Yeah, isn't that why you "left"?

And that is EXACTLY what you and your ilk have been wanting from day one. Which is why they are now pink. You should be pinked too just for finally saying out loud what they were too chickenshit to say and instead played under the rocks with their plots and plans. CK ain't going anywhere. Someday, y'all will learn that.

Mods didn't take away the ability to rep from the abusers and leave it alone for the rest of us, they took it away from everyone. That's the problem, that's what people are complaining about.
Exactly! I did use neg rep frequently as a type of behavior modification or as a tool to let others know that the idiot with the string of red splats should be avoided.

Yes I got into rep wars with a few people. We traded negs back and forth til one of us got bored. BUT when I negged, there was a valid reason. I didn't neg simply because of a difference in opinion. I negged vulgar, hypocritical, hateful or terminally stupid people.

Oh horseshit Ernie. You negged me on the 48s in my early days here and even told me in advance you were going to do it. Now how do you neg "vulgar, hypocritical, hateful terminally stupid" posts that don't even exist yet?
You're full of shit, as usual. I negged stupid shit. There were several people who's stupid shit I could only neg once every 48 hours. If the time limit had been 15 minutes, there would have been no shortage of neg worthy posts.

Don't lie Ernie. I have your very words saying just that. I could quote it back to you verbatim if it wasn't against site rules, but you and I both know it exists. Man up already.
Do you now?.... Most likely, I negged a particularly stupid post and you decided to return the neg with some equally stupid comment. I may very well have told you that I would continue the game as long as you wanted.

THAT was pretty much my pattern. I negged someone, for what I considered a valid reason. If they accepted my assessment of their post, they were OK in my book. IF they decided to return the neg on a post that didn't deserve such, I would hit back. The game would continue until the person got the hint.

I made both friends and enemies with rep comments. I really thought you and I were past that, but I really don't take kindly to being called a liar by a self absorbed ass.

The bold is classic abuse of the rep system and you'd brag about this in the neg rep thread until your victims got more rep than you and then you stopped. You talk about what you consider valid reasons. Trolls are fine to neg, but your valid reasons are probably not valid to others who are trying to express their opinions. And then of course you say if they hit you back it was on bad posts because they could never find a stupid post of yours right? So you'd hit them back and threatened them that it would go every 48 until they stopped. You were a neg rep bully. Period.

Sure, mani.

Left where? I've never posted here before, as vetted by the administration of this fine board.

LOL it's hilarious that you are still pushing your meme that I'm either Mal or Mani.
The admin of this board has my full name and former rank in the Army as well as my IP address. I'm quite sure he's capable of deciding whether I am your bogeyman or not without your input.

Ernie did use his rep as a weapon. That I must acknowledge. He did it to me and even though I tried talking to him in pm...it was to no avail. He got pissed at me and was gonna neg me til doomsday. Until I got a smidge higher than him in the rep department. Pissed me off at the time, and hurt my feelings to boot cuz I like Ernie. Still do. Fuck the rep bullshit. It just ain't worth bickering about with folks one likes regardless of temporary head smacks they give each other.

Sure, mani.

Left where? I've never posted here before, as vetted by the administration of this fine board.

LOL it's hilarious that you are still pushing your meme that I'm either Mal or Mani.
The admin of this board has my full name and former rank in the Army as well as my IP address. I'm quite sure he's capable of deciding whether I am your bogeyman or not without your input.

I'm sorry, Bear. I kinda like you too, but nobody believes you are new here. You gave that away when you baited bode and knew more than a newb would.

The bold is classic abuse of the rep system and you'd brag about this in the neg rep thread until your victims got more rep than you and then you stopped. You talk about what you consider valid reasons. Trolls are fine to neg, but your valid reasons are probably not valid to others who are trying to express their opinions. And then of course you say if they hit you back it was on bad posts because they could never find a stupid post of yours right? So you'd hit them back and threatened them that it would go every 48 until they stopped. You were a neg rep bully. Period.

Given the evidence, I'd have to concur.

Anyone who would "neg back" is misusing the system.

What is the matter Ernie? Not mature enough to accept the criticism that you are willing to dish out?

Sure, mani.

I'm sorry, Bear. I kinda like you too, but nobody believes you are new here. You gave that away when you baited bode and knew more than a new would.

I AM new here, that's been confirmed dear.

I know so much because I read, there are hundreds and hundreds of posts about Bode's lies, I doubt I've read them all, but I've read a bunch of them.

Given the evidence, I'd have to concur.

Anyone who would "neg back" is misusing the system.

What is the matter Ernie? Not mature enough to accept the criticism that you are willing to dish out?
I don't think it is that at all. I think it was a weapon too handy for many to abuse. And I turned mine off after I realized I was falling into that same mindset. I even started threatening folks I would neg them even though mine was much bigger than theirs. It was a real eye opener and one I didn't like at all. Too easy to use it if its there, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back