Bring back the rep system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woulda put an "agree" on this one but for the last line where it descends back down to finger-pointing.

I don't believe "the right" did this or "the left" did that as regards rep. I believe individual posters, who personally can't handle their worldviews being challenged, abused the system, and all this stupid finger-pointing is paranoid delusion. I know exactly who used to hunt me down and it wasn't "the right". It was "the whiners". Those exist on every side. That's a personal trait, not a political one.

Finger pointing? Specifically, jake and stat whined and got rep taken away. Yes, abusers on both sides existed but instead of taking the ability to rep away from them, jake and crew forced the mods to take it away from everyone. Damn right I"ll point my finger at the assholes who ruined it for the majority who used it as intended.

you crack me up jake, no self awareness.....

You are lying, because you can't prove it. You and Ernie S. were part of a several years' assault by the extreme far righities against all you did not approve. Stats figured away for the rest of us to punish you guys and take away your collective power. The sane side of the Board beat down the crazy far right reactionaries. You have been whining ever since.

Bring back the rep system. Page 8 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Yes, finger pointing, because your alleged knowledge of how the administration of this board works is conspiratorial bullshit.

Here's the complete list of actual evidence that Jake, Stats, or anybody else "forced the mods" to do jack squat:

-- wanna see it again?

Jake admits that: " Stats figured away for the rest of us to punish you guys and take away your collective power. The sane side of the Board beat down the crazy far right reactionaries", and I'm the one full of conspiratorial bullshit? :lol:

jake lied, rep died.

What the fuck do Jake's posts have to do with me? I didn't post that and I have no idea what it means. But yes, until you come up with something a little more tangible than ipse dixit, you're full of conspiratorial bullshit.

As Wolfsis mentioned, Cereal Killer told us all that rep was going away with the software conversion. Somebody could actually look that up and quote it.

So yes-- conspiratorial bullshit.

I woulda put an "agree" on this one but for the last line where it descends back down to finger-pointing.

I don't believe "the right" did this or "the left" did that as regards rep. I believe individual posters, who personally can't handle their worldviews being challenged, abused the system, and all this stupid finger-pointing is paranoid delusion. I know exactly who used to hunt me down and it wasn't "the right". It was "the whiners". Those exist on every side. That's a personal trait, not a political one.

Finger pointing? Specifically, jake and stat whined and got rep taken away. Yes, abusers on both sides existed but instead of taking the ability to rep away from them, jake and crew forced the mods to take it away from everyone. Damn right I"ll point my finger at the assholes who ruined it for the majority who used it as intended.

You are lying, because you can't prove it. You and Ernie S. were part of a several years' assault by the extreme far righities against all you did not approve. Stats figured away for the rest of us to punish you guys and take away your collective power. The sane side of the Board beat down the crazy far right reactionaries. You have been whining ever since.

Yes, finger pointing, because your alleged knowledge of how the administration of this board works is conspiratorial bullshit.

Here's the complete list of actual evidence that Jake, Stats, or anybody else "forced the mods" to do jack squat:

-- wanna see it again?

Jake admits that: " Stats figured away for the rest of us to punish you guys and take away your collective power. The sane side of the Board beat down the crazy far right reactionaries", and I'm the one full of conspiratorial bullshit? :lol:

jake lied, rep died.

What the fuck do Jake's posts have to do with me? I didn't post that and I have no idea what it means. But yes, until you come up with something a little more tangible than ipse dixit, you're full of conspiratorial bullshit.

As Wolfsis mentioned, Cereal Killer told us all that rep was going away with the software conversion. Somebody could actually look that up and quote it.

Pogo, Jake has on SEVERAL occasions taken credit for getting rid of rep since I've been here.

-- wanna see it again?

jake lied, rep died.

Not the first time I've pointed it out to you ... you need to take a reading comprehension class.

CK told us ALL that we would love the new software..and some things would be very different. Rep being one of them. He told us BEFORE the change over.

He said BEFORE, it would be like, dislike, etc as "rep" but more like a "thanks". But then the same assholes that abused the rep system started "disliking" posts..which took away the green bar you see under your name on the left side panel. Again, more whining and abuse. So they took that away too.

Children are not playing nice with the toys. CK took all the toys away.

-- wanna see it again?

jake lied, rep died.

Pogo, Jake has on SEVERAL occasions taken credit for getting rid of rep since I've been here.

please cite the post(s), this i have to see....

CK told us ALL that we would love the new software..and some things would be very different. Rep being one of them. He told us BEFORE the change over.

Earlier in this thread someone pointed out that reputation comments are available with the software this website uses. So no the new software isn't the reason there is no rep.

-- wanna see it again?

jake lied, rep died.

please cite the post(s), this i have to see....

Oh Lord Yurt, I'll have to do some digging. I'm not very good at the search thing. Let me see what I can do.

@365: Which sucks for regular people who don't treat those functions like toys.

He said BEFORE, it would be like, dislike, etc as "rep" but more like a "thanks". But then the same assholes that abused the rep system started "disliking" posts..which took away the green bar you see under your name on the left side panel. Again, more whining and abuse. So they took that away too.

Children are not playing nice with the toys. CK took all the toys away.

He said:
Yes all your stuff will be moved over.

Rep will more than likely be gone. We'll be moving over to a new system

The new system would consist of:

Like/Dislike/Dumb/Agree/Disagree/Funny/Winner/

'more than likely be gone' --- I took that as a mod choice, not necessarily that it was due to the software. I took that as rep would be zeroed out and changed to the like/dislike, etc. but not be gone.

They should bring back the original choices noted above.

No way its far better than it was before.see I never had problems with posters like you disagreeing with posts of mine because you could do it in a mature adult way.YOU didnt engage in name calling like that childish troll strolling bones did.since they wont ban trolls like him,then it needs to stay the way it is.

Once again, if people abused the rep system then take the rep system away from the abusers and leave it for the rest of us.
you would have alot of trolls like the ones I mentioned earlier to hunt down.like i said,thsi site attracts the noes like yurt,ernie,strolling bones,crusader frank,jake and many others. the only thing i would say to change is have a disagree feauture added as well so you can a thumbs down for the post and keep everythign else the same it is.but that neg rep thing had to go.way too many trolls liek the ones i mentioned post here.

Like/Dislike/Dumb/Agree/Disagree/Funny/Winner/

Y'all should be asking CK for that ^ instead of bringing back something that was so abused and used as a weapon..even with newbs.

9/11, you keep adding Bones in to your rant. While I dislike the old crone heartily and the feeling is mutual..and she does tend to scrape the bottom of the barrel from time to time stalking my posts when she is bored...she is not a troll. You can dislike her too, but troll she is not.

acutally...after thinking about it now that everyone is used to the software change, THIS should be implemented but with some tweaks:

Like/Dislike/Dumb/Funny/Winner

And make it where dislike and dumb doesn't affect the green bar at all. Nobody will do the dislike or dumb very often if they think the person they are dissing has no points taken away but they would still see someones opinion of their post..without "punishment".

-- wanna see it again?

jake lied, rep died.

Not the first time I've pointed it out to you ... you need to take a reading comprehension class.

I wouldn't dream of taking your seat. Obviously you need it more.
Go ahead --- answer any point at all there. Even just one. Pick one at random.

I saw how some new people were ganged upon. Those who came in and were obviously conservative didn't have to put up with that crap because the left didn't play those kind of games - so they have no idea what it was like and probably don't understand why there was retaliation.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that "the right" was the only one picking on people.

Sure you do......even though you claim you're not partisan......but I never saw a "rightie" being ganged upon with neg rep to the point they had "splats". If there was, tell me who, I'll be waiting.

shootspeeders and tank both lean right and I believe they had splats at various times. I know tank did.

The gang negging went both ways, stop pretending that only the right did it.

You've listed two......and I'm not even sure they ever had red splats....but there were many more lefties that were forced to leave because of the gang neg-repping.

People were forced to leave by other members? That doesn't seem right.
It wasn't right, but the neg reppers had a mob mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back