Bring back the rep system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods tried several times to tame the abuses. They put a limit on how often you could neg, they warned the abusers, they allowed people to opt out. Still the gang negging continued
Finally, they dumped it totally and allowed a red x. You still had posters bragging about how many red x's they could drop

Children need to be treated like children. If they don't play nice, take away their toys

Mods didn't take away the ability to rep from the abusers and leave it alone for the rest of us, they took it away from everyone. That's the problem, that's what people are complaining about.
Exactly! I did use neg rep frequently as a type of behavior modification or as a tool to let others know that the idiot with the string of red splats should be avoided.

Yes I got into rep wars with a few people. We traded negs back and forth til one of us got bored. BUT when I negged, there was a valid reason. I didn't neg simply because of a difference in opinion. I negged vulgar, hypocritical, hateful or terminally stupid people.

Oh horseshit Ernie. You negged me on the 48s in my early days here and even told me in advance you were going to do it. Now how do you neg "vulgar, hypocritical, hateful terminally stupid" posts that don't even exist yet?
You're full of shit, as usual. I negged stupid shit. There were several people who's stupid shit I could only neg once every 48 hours. If the time limit had been 15 minutes, there would have been no shortage of neg worthy posts.

No, this statement is false: "It's not "serial negging" or a "neg rep rampage", it's using the system for its intended purpose." The way daveman, liability, Ernie S., Yurt, and many other used it was not the way for which neg rep was created. And if it was, good then the mods realized that it had to go.

you keep spouting this lie. how did i use rep in a way it was not intended? back up your claims for once you sniveling shit.

You are lying again. A long time ago I told you if you kept up the way you were going with that crowd (all vicious far righites by the way) that you would end up this way. All you can do is cry. And here you are crying..

Mods tried several times to tame the abuses. They put a limit on how often you could neg, they warned the abusers, they allowed people to opt out. Still the gang negging continued
Finally, they dumped it totally and allowed a red x. You still had posters bragging about how many red x's they could drop

Children need to be treated like children. If they don't play nice, take away their toys

Mods didn't take away the ability to rep from the abusers and leave it alone for the rest of us, they took it away from everyone. That's the problem, that's what people are complaining about.
Exactly! I did use neg rep frequently as a type of behavior modification or as a tool to let others know that the idiot with the string of red splats should be avoided.

Yes I got into rep wars with a few people. We traded negs back and forth til one of us got bored. BUT when I negged, there was a valid reason. I didn't neg simply because of a difference in opinion. I negged vulgar, hypocritical, hateful or terminally stupid people.

Oh horseshit Ernie. You negged me on the 48s in my early days here and even told me in advance you were going to do it. Now how do you neg "vulgar, hypocritical, hateful terminally stupid" posts that don't even exist yet?
You're full of shit, as usual. I negged stupid shit. There were several people who's stupid shit I could only neg once every 48 hours. If the time limit had been 15 minutes, there would have been no shortage of neg worthy posts.

Seems kinda childish to me bro.

An excellent example above of the far out wacks trying a gang rep by word on those with whom they disagree.

Yeah, I know, it sux to be them.

No, this statement is false: "It's not "serial negging" or a "neg rep rampage", it's using the system for its intended purpose." The way daveman, liability, Ernie S., Yurt, and many other used it was not the way for which neg rep was created. And if it was, good then the mods realized that it had to go.

you keep spouting this lie. how did i use rep in a way it was not intended? back up your claims for once you sniveling shit.

You are lying again. A long time ago I told you if you kept up the way you were going with that crowd (all vicious far righites by the way) that you would end up this way. All you can do is cry. And here you are crying..

Jake, are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that no one "from the left" ever did what you are claiming "the right" did with rep? I mean you realize that that is unbelievably unlikely don't you?

Sometimes a few bad apples ruin it for everyone. Didn't you learn that in school?

Yes, I did because it applied to children.

So the mods decided to treat us all as children instead of dealing with the bad apples. That never happened in days past.

And the pussification of this place continues . . . .
Actually, many of the posters behaved worse than children. When given a chance they doubled down on dumb

No real loss
Annnd another one who ignores the point.
You have a point?

Explain why the mods should have continued to put up with the petty rep shit? What did they have to gain by continuing to cater to those who were only here to neg?

i have no idea what fake is talking about. i rarely negged anyone and it was always for a reason. even when scat was negging me every 48 hours i wouldn't simply neg rep him in return. the reality is, it was jake and his ilk who had the neg rep gang and as always, he merely projects out.

I suspect the real reality is that "both sides" had groups that did it. Again, it's human nature.

I am sure there were some lefties who did it.

What the far right is unhappy about is that Stat figured out the system statistically so that people could pos rep each other so much that soon they had as much rep as those on the far right, then the bitterness began that the rep factories made the far right powerless, or something silly to that extent.

i have no idea what fake is talking about. i rarely negged anyone and it was always for a reason. even when scat was negging me every 48 hours i wouldn't simply neg rep him in return. the reality is, it was jake and his ilk who had the neg rep gang and as always, he merely projects out.

I suspect the real reality is that "both sides" had groups that did it. Again, it's human nature.

What the far right is unhappy about is that Stat figured out the system statistically so that people could pos rep each other so much that soon they had as much rep as those on the far right, then the bitterness began that the rep factories made the far right powerless, or something silly to that extent.

he figured it out statistically? lmao, the guy was a rep whore, nothing more. he even created threads just for repping himself.

i notice you ONCE AGAIN fail to answer my question or back up your claim. why is that jake? you know you are lying so you will just deflect, obfuscate and run away like usual. how did i abuse rep? and prove i was in some neg rep gang with ernie, because that is an absolute LIE.

So , you think it's amusing that this Stat found a way to abuse the system to give people positive rep but are mad that they "right" abused the system giving people negative rep?

That's about right for you Jake, complete hypocrite, and liar.

I reiterate, bring this rep back, it amuses me.

i was informed that jake was the loudest complainer about rep to the mods. kinda of funny when he engaged in neg rep wars with his gang.

Rep whining was always the most hilarious aspect of the board and enabled people of differing philosophies to become friends.

That I correct stupidity on the board?

That I despise what the far right is trying (and failing, thank heavens) to our country?

:lol: MalBear, you are just mad because I don't care about your insane infatuation with Bodecea.

That I correct stupidity on the board?

That I despise what the far right is trying (and failing, thank heavens) to our country?

:lol: MalBear, you are just mad because I don't care about your insane infatuation with Bodecea.

Why bring shim up in this thread?

You are a liar all by yourself with or without shim Jake.

i notice you ONCE AGAIN fail to answer my question or back up your claim. why is that jake? you know you are lying so you will just deflect, obfuscate and run away like usual. how did i abuse rep? and prove i was in some neg rep gang with ernie, because that is an absolute LIE.

jake?????????????????????

THAT was when the board was, in Zoom-boing 's words "pussified" :clap2: NOT how it is now where if you have a prob w/ someone you have to debate them on the open board.

I'm through w/ this reading of rw revisionist history. :eusa_hand: Rep was abused & rightfully discarded. End of story.

THAT was when the board was, in Zoom-boing 's words "pussified" :clap2: NOT how it is now where if you have a prob w/ someone you have to debate them on the open board.

I'm through w/ this reading of rw revisionist history. :eusa_hand: Rep was abused & rightfully discarded. End of story.

Speaking of pussies, just do like Dot Com does and place someone on ignore if they are smarter than you and post opinions you don't like.

jake?????????????????????

You never back anything up, Yurt, you simply lie.

And, yes, I was right here you are ONCE AGAIN proof in that you are flailing and crying. And here I am again shooting your nonsense down.
:Boom2::blowup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back