British General Election Results

Great day for the UK.

"Theresa May sounded broken as she delivered her “victory” speech at her count. It was very short, but it provided the first clue we’ve had as to how she intends to react to tonight’s result."

May admits Labour may get more votes! Great day for the UK.

Election results live: Jeremy Corbyn calls on Theresa May to resign
Indeed, Theresa May looked like a broken woman. I felt sorry for her. How the self-important fall.
Why feel sorry for her ?

Great day for the UK.

"Theresa May sounded broken as she delivered her “victory” speech at her count. It was very short, but it provided the first clue we’ve had as to how she intends to react to tonight’s result."

Indeed, Theresa May looked like a broken woman. I felt sorry for her. How the self-important fall.
Why feel sorry for her ?
I hate to see a person suffer, no matter how conceited and self-important they might have been. May is finished.

Great day for the UK.

Why feel sorry for her ?
I hate to see a person suffer, no matter how conceited and self-important they might have been. May is finished.
Shes a tory ?

God....how am I missing Margaret Thatcher ...

Missing her because she fucked people over? Wow.

no

all the contrary! :)

Then explain.

Otherwise it just looks like you'll say anything just for attention, like Katy Hopkins.

I miss her because she was a strong woman, who knew what side she was on and who didn't pussyfoot around with the Left like many other British leaders.

Yes, she was on the wrong side, and she bloody well knew it, and no, she didn't pussyfoot around thinking about the people she was designed to represent, especially the coal miners and the poor people. The UK is still suffering from many of her policies.

Looks like our human rights might be safe.
Yes, it is to be hoped that Theresa May will know that the entire electorate are not behind her or her Brexit team.
Who is ever backed by an entire electorate?
Theresa May believed that the Labour opposition was in disarray and used an opportunity believing that she would have nearly the whole country giving her a strong mandate. She miscalculated.

She thought she was Cameron, she thought people would like her as much as Cameron, but they don't.

Great day for the UK.

Why feel sorry for her ?

Yes, it's a third of the way through June already.

(Sorry, bad joke)

Not a lot of value in projections at this stage. Results are coming in thick and fast.

Labour 91
Conservative 72
SNP 13
DUP 4
Plaid Cymru 2
Sinn Fein 2

The next British Government will be the Conservative Party backed by the DUP and also very possibly the Ulster Unionist Party.

The BBC Projection of 322 seats for the Conservatives, they only need one more seat to get The Queens Speech through, because as I commented earlier, Sinn Fein won't take their seats so they don't have a vote, so the working majority is actually only 323 seats as opposed to 326 seats.

Labour will not be their next Government and the Liberal Democrats have already said no.

So Labour 261 + SNP 32 = 293 they have nowhere to get another 30 seats from.
How pathetic that a Tory government would have to rely on 5 Ulster Protestant sectarian votes.
They must be in real deep trouble.

They've done it before, Major's dying government went to the Ulster Unionists to get the support they needed, and the Ulster Unionists are perfectly willing to get favorable policies in govt.
Politics in North Ireland has changed. The local assembly there is where hope for the people in Ulster lies, not London.

Yes, but the seats that have changed are probably from one Ulster Unionist party to another, or from one Catholic Party to another.

The DUP are +2
SInn Fein +2
SDLP -3
Ulster Unionists -1

So essentially the Nationalists are down one and the Unionists are up 1, and yet the same old parties are in place.

This seems to be in Belfast South where the change happened, 30.4% for the DUP and 25.9% for the SDLP, Alliance 18%, Sinn Fein 16%, no one gained 50%.
Sinn Fein have taken Fermanagh and South Tyrone from the Ulster Unionists.

Conservative 248
Labour 227
Scottish National Party 33
Liberal 10
DUP 10
Sinn Fein 7
Pleid Cymru 3

God....how am I missing Margaret Thatcher ...

no

Then explain.

Otherwise it just looks like you'll say anything just for attention, like Katy Hopkins.

I miss her because she was a strong woman, who knew what side she was on and who didn't pussyfoot around with the Left like many other British leaders.

Yes, she was on the wrong side, and she bloody well knew it, and no, she didn't pussyfoot around thinking about the people she was designed to represent, especially the coal miners and the poor people. The UK is still suffering from many of her policies.

She was one of the greatest British politicians of the 20th century, she was the first woman prime minister in Europe, she held the job for 11 years. In the 20th century no other prime minister had been in office for such a long period, the woman was strong and amazing.

Why other women Prime Ministers can not be more like her?

But this thread is not about Maggie.

Well, it looks like the Tories will not have a majority. Theresa may be booted out and who knows if Labour might not be able to set up a ruling coaltion.

no

Then explain.

She was one of the greatest British politicians of the 20th century, she was the first woman prime minister in Europe, she held the job for 11 years. In the 20th century no other prime minister had been in office for such a long period, the woman was strong and amazing.

Nothing you've said has convinced me that you know the first thing about Thatcher. You can easily go onto wikipedia, skim off a few facts and state this is why you like her.

If you're looking for examples of strong women, she ain't it, she wasn't a woman, she was a bitch.

Well, it looks like the Tories will not have a majority. Theresa may be booted out and who knows if Labour might not be able to set up a ruling coaltion.

For Labour to set up a ruling coalition they'd need the SNP and Liberal Democrats on board at the very least. The Tories will have the Ulster Unionists and possibly Plaid to back them up. The Tories will get their govt.

no

Then explain.

Nothing you've said has convinced me that you know the first thing about Thatcher. You can easily go onto wikipedia, skim off a few facts and state this is why you like her.

If you're looking for examples of strong women, she ain't it, she wasn't a woman, she was a bitch.

So ...who is a strong woman for you?

Hilarious Clinton? :lmao::rolleyes:

The numbers suggest Labour would be better advised to be a strong opposition and work with other parties on an issue-by-issue basis. The Tories will have a hard time being a minority ruling party.

For Labour to set up a ruling coalition they'd need the SNP and Liberal Democrats on board at the very least. The Tories will have the Ulster Unionists and possibly Plaid to back them up. The Tories will get their govt.

Who knows how the vote will end up yet, except that the Tories will not have a majority. Even if the Tories manage to assemble a ruling coalition it will be very weak.

Pleid Cymru would not back-up the Tories. The Tories are petrified, injured, and rendered weaker than before this election.

Forum List

Back