Brittany Maynard ended her own life before her tumor could rob her of it

God has no pity for a suicide.
Amen to this. How did that girl know that there was most definitely no hope? I believe that the Lord could have healed that girl and now because of what she went and did to herself already, we will never know.

God bless you and her family always!!!

Holly
WE don't need to know. SHE did.

Just mind your own business and quit trying to micromanage others'.
Excuse me but I have a right a give my two cents just like everyone else here does so if you do not like the way that mine looks on your screen, it isn't my problem. Also your telling another person to mind their own business is NOT a one way street. If you do not want such a thing said to you, don't go saying it to anyone else then! By the way, I thought that you had placed me on ignore here. Any special reason why I'm obviously not anymore? Since you have decided to write to me here again, I have a right to ask. :) :) :)

Amen to this. How did that girl know that there was most definitely no hope? I believe that the Lord could have healed that girl and now because of what she went and did to herself already, we will never know.

Holly
The Lord isnt healing ANYONE. Cute innocent little kids are dying every day, and their deaths are horrible and painful. Children are tortured and molested and dismembered, and the lord isnt helping them. If he was helping people, wouldnt taking care of ISIS take precedence over this girl? Would he have allowed Pol Pot to massacre millions of people? If there is a god, he sure as fuck isnt interfering with human existance. Its irresponsible to try and convince people that the lord is going to save them. Children die when their parents refuse medical help because people like you convince them that the fucking lord is going to do something about it.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU BLITHERING IDIOT!!!
If you do not want such a thing said to you, don't go saying it to anyone else. Also if you do not like what I have a right to say here, nobody here is forcing you to look at anything that comes from me. Oh and if the Lord really didn't heal anyone, my friend from church would not be here still. :) :) :)

God bless you two and her and that girl's family always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Oh and if you two wanted some respect out of me for your thoughts, maybe you would have gotten some if you had showed some for my thoughts first.

Last edited:

Holly

Excuse me but I have a right a give my two cents just like everyone else here does so if you do not like the way that mine looks on your screen, it isn't my problem. Also your telling another person to mind their own business is NOT a one way street. If you do not want such a thing said to you, don't go saying it to anyone else then! By the way, I thought that you had placed me on ignore here. Any special reason why I'm obviously not anymore? Since you have decided to write to me here again, I have a right to ask. :) :) :)

Holly
The Lord isnt healing ANYONE. Cute innocent little kids are dying every day, and their deaths are horrible and painful. Children are tortured and molested and dismembered, and the lord isnt helping them. If he was helping people, wouldnt taking care of ISIS take precedence over this girl? Would he have allowed Pol Pot to massacre millions of people? If there is a god, he sure as fuck isnt interfering with human existance. Its irresponsible to try and convince people that the lord is going to save them. Children die when their parents refuse medical help because people like you convince them that the fucking lord is going to do something about it.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU BLITHERING IDIOT!!!
If you do not want such a thing said to you, don't go saying it to anyone else. Also if you do not like what I have a right to say here, nobody here is forcing you to look at anything that comes from me. Oh and if the Lord really didn't heal anyone, my friend from church would not be here still. :) :) :)

God bless you two and her and that girl's family always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Oh and if you two wanted some respect out of me for your thoughts, maybe you would have gotten some if you had showed some for my thoughts first.
Listen, i dont spend my time bashing christians here, but when i see dumb mother fuckers like you saying really irresponsible things, im going to speak up. If YOU dont like it, dont read it.... sound familiar? As for me putting you on ignore, i dont know what the fuck youre talking about. Ive never put anyone on ignore and ive never told anyone i put them on ignore.

PS - quit spreading lies about god helping people. You foolishly think youre somehow doing good by saying a bunch of cliched bullshit, but all youre doing is causing harm. I dont give a fuck if your heart is in the right place, because you are spreading dangerous falsehoods.

^^^ I will say whatever I want to here just like everyone else does and what you say to me here is not a one way street. If you do not like what I have to say at this forum, don't read it.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Besides be rather heartless and mean, that brings up an other issue here. Jesus basically committed suicide, didn't he? He allowed himself to be killed, when he was perfectly healthy and could have avoided putting himself in mortal danger. He could walk on water and cure Lazarus and who knows what all magic powers he had. But then again, he was immortal and so what's the harm in it? Real mortals suffer pain and existential angst unlike fictional religious superheroes. You get tired of living in constant pain and the dread of your extinction being just around the corner, and I get tired of hearing young people calling suicide a act of cowardice. You have no idea.

I have no idea about what, pain and death? I'll step past your assertion Jesus committed suicide.....some crazy shit that one, and spare you details of the gore Vietnam was and what I saw and did there. Some of the little cowards here have harshed me about bringing it up but I continue to because none of you have been in constant and savage contact with death itself. All I hear is "I want a painless death" and she "died with dignity". Well guess what....being born HURTS, life HURTS, and death REALLY HURTS, Those who think a drug cocktail is painless are fucking idiots....I've seen guys hit with 3 ampules of morphine still screaming until their eyes rolled. There's no easy way out of this life. And never confuse QUITTING with dignity.....that makes a warrior's skin crawl.

Terminally Ill Woman Brittany Maynard Has Ended Her Own Life - Cancer Health Medicine Real People Stories People.com

This young woman is the new face of physician assisted suicide. Those wishing to avoid the worst, last stages of cancer can move to Oregon and decide their own fate.

I hope she has found peace.

Very brave and courageous young lady. I have been following her story for a few weeks now.
She died when she wanted, and how, surrounded by people she loved. If only everyone had the same choices she had. RIP Brittany.

A person wanting to commit suicide because their girlfriend or boyfriend broke up with them is wrong. But someone wanting to commit suicide to avoid the horrors that their terminal disease will bring them is not wrong. Using your religious beliefs to stop them is what is wrong.

Why is suicide due to depression wrong but suicide to avoid pain associated with terminal disease OK?

Because depression can be treated, and even cured.

Holly

Holly, you put two different quotes together from two different people and caused some confusion here. I stripped out the second one and will address my part (above).

You posted:
"I believe that the Lord could have healed that girl and now because of what she went and did to herself already, we will never know."

Which I answered with:
"WE don't need to know. SHE did."

Meaning simply: She (the subject) is the one who needs to make her own decision here, not us. It is her situation, not ours. Therefore whether "we ever know" or not cannot be more irrelevant. Who the hell are we that we "need to know"? That's arrogance.

That's why I then added, "mind your own business and stop trying to micromanage others' (business)". It's her decision to make, not yours or mine. Understand?

As far as your right to speak, of course you have that. I never implied otherwise.

And yes I put you on ignore after that racist tirade in the thread about the girl shot in the face, which I found disgusting. It doesn't make your posts impossible to see.

A person wanting to commit suicide because their girlfriend or boyfriend broke up with them is wrong. But someone wanting to commit suicide to avoid the horrors that their terminal disease will bring them is not wrong. Using your religious beliefs to stop them is what is wrong.

Why is suicide due to depression wrong but suicide to avoid pain associated with terminal disease OK?

So what? Who are you to control someone else's life? A woman who wants an abortion can have the pregnancy "cured" in less than 9 months. Is that a satisfactory solution also?

My religion is opposed to suicide. My religion is opposed to a lot of things that I am in support of. My strongest belief is that my God allows me to be my own person, and make my own choices in life.
Never would I dream of forcing my religious beliefs on another person. Never would I suggest to this woman that it was a 'sin' to take her own life, that she will go to hell, or is selfish.

Until you are in that situation, you cannot say that life is better than death. I am sure that if her God could see the pain she was in, He would understand. I am sure also, that my God, while He may disagree with my choices in life, allows me to make those choices to become the person I am today.

It matters not whether Brittany was a Christian. Her beliefs don't matter. What does matter is that she died surrounded by loved ones, and she died peacefully. No one should suffer a terminal illness if they don't wish to.

Besides be rather heartless and mean, that brings up an other issue here. Jesus basically committed suicide, didn't he? He allowed himself to be killed, when he was perfectly healthy and could have avoided putting himself in mortal danger. He could walk on water and cure Lazarus and who knows what all magic powers he had. But then again, he was immortal and so what's the harm in it? Real mortals suffer pain and existential angst unlike fictional religious superheroes. You get tired of living in constant pain and the dread of your extinction being just around the corner, and I get tired of hearing young people calling suicide a act of cowardice. You have no idea.

I have no idea about what, pain and death? I'll step past your assertion Jesus committed suicide.....some crazy shit that one, and spare you details of the gore Vietnam was and what I saw and did there. Some of the little cowards here have harshed me about bringing it up but I continue to because none of you have been in constant and savage contact with death itself. All I hear is "I want a painless death" and she "died with dignity". Well guess what....being born HURTS, life HURTS, and death REALLY HURTS, Those who think a drug cocktail is painless are fucking idiots....I've seen guys hit with 3 ampules of morphine still screaming until their eyes rolled. There's no easy way out of this life. And never confuse QUITTING with dignity.....that makes a warrior's skin crawl.

Yeah well, this girl wasn't a warrior and there was no war being fought. A young woman was dying of a horrible disease, and she made the choice to end her life while it was still hers and worth living. She chose to skip the horrific pain, skip losing her mind and her memories, skip losing control of her bodily functions, and to spare her family the same.

You can posture all you want about warrior this & that, and try to compare it to what you saw in "Nam, but it boils down to our society being merciful and compassionate in allowing her to make her own choices. She didn't quit. Quitting implies that there was an option to live. There wasn't. She was going to die very soon. She simply chose when.

Holly

She had an incurable brain tumor. Nothing was going to save her, and God sure as hell wasn't going to save her. I swear, some religious people are batshit crazy.

So what? Who are you to control someone else's life? A woman who wants an abortion can have the pregnancy "cured" in less than 9 months. Is that a satisfactory solution also?

I didn't control anyone's life. She took control of her own.

Holly

Holly, you put two different quotes together from two different people and caused some confusion here. I stripped out the second one and will address my part (above).

You posted:
"I believe that the Lord could have healed that girl and now because of what she went and did to herself already, we will never know."

Which I answered with:

Meaning simply: She (the subject) is the one who needs to make her own decision here, not us. It is her situation, not ours. Therefore whether "we ever know" or not cannot be more irrelevant. Who the hell are we that we "need to know"? That's arrogance.

That's why I then added, "mind your own business and stop trying to micromanage others' (business)". It's her decision to make, not yours or mine. Understand?

As far as your right to speak, of course you have that. I never implied otherwise.

And yes I put you on ignore after that racist tirade in the thread about the girl shot in the face, which I found disgusting. It doesn't make your posts impossible to see.
A doctor told her that she had no hope and she believed their every word and now look at what she went and did. How can anyone believe what a doctor says when every situation is different and when such information comes from a person who could very well screw things up when they come from a group of people who have unfortunately become known for their screwing things up? If I had been in that girl's spot, I would have looked that doctor right in the face and said, "I believe that the Lord has the final say on this. Not you."

Holly
She had an incurable brain tumor. Nothing was going to save her, and God sure as hell wasn't going to save her. I swear, some religious people are batshit crazy.
How do you know that the Lord wasn't going to save her? Did he personally tell you that he wasn't going to? No.

God bless you two and the girl's family always!!!

Holly

Last edited:

Holly

You posted:

Which I answered with:

A doctor told her that she had no hope and she believed their every word and now look at what she went and did. How can anyone believe what a doctor says when every situation is different and when such information comes from a person who could very well screw things up when they come from a group of people who have unfortunately become known for their screwing things up? If I had been in that girl's spot, I would have looked that doctor right in the face and said, "I believe that the Lord has the final say on this. Not you."

Holly

But you're not in her spot. She is. That's the point. You make your decisions; she makes hers. Would you want her (or anyone) making your decisions for you? Don't think so.

Get it?

Holly

You posted:

Which I answered with:

Holly
How do you know that the Lord wasn't going to save her? Did he personally tell you that he wasn't going to? No.

Holly
You should have the absolute right to tell the doctor that you believe the Lord has the final say. As well someone who believes the doctor has their legitimate position.

Holly

You posted:

Which I answered with:

Holly
But you're not in her spot. She is. That's the point. You make your decisions; she makes hers. Would you want her (or anyone) making your decisions for you? Don't think so.

Get it?
Yes I get that, but what you do not seem to get is that certain decisions have consequences. What makes you think that the Lord is okay with her taking such a decision from his hands? Not only did she take her life, but she took something from the Lord too. I believe that her time to go should have been left up to him and no one else including her.

Holly

Holly

You posted:

Which I answered with:

Holly

Holly

And I would support your decision to live out to the bitter end- your decision.

Just like I support this young ladies decision.

You posted:

Which I answered with:

Holly

Get it?
Yes I get that, but what you do not seem to get is that certain decisions have consequences. What makes you think that the Lord is okay with her taking such a decision from his hands? Not only did she take her life, but she took something from the Lord too. I believe that her time to go should have been left up to him and no one else including her.

Holly

What makes you think that you know what the Lord thinks? (if your Lord exists)

Frankly this Lord of yours- the one that gave her cancer- and whom you think is upset that she will not suffer a horrible death- sounds like a pretty horrible Lord.

^^^ I don't believe that the Lord gave her cancer and I don't support suicide either because I believe that it is the ultimate sin. It is the throwing away of the most precious gift that the Lord has ever given anyone: their life. That man died so that we can be here and suicide is how some people decide to thank him? To me, they deserve every last inch of what ever it is that they get in return.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. How do you know that she would have suffered such a horrible death? Just because at least one other person has doesn't mean that she most definitely would have.

Forum List

Back