"Brownie....You're Doin' A Helluva Job"

The lazy negros were warned to leave town

Know when I got the word about the storm, little boy in a tank?

Saturday afternoon (27th). A co-worker called me and said, 'so what are you gonna do about the storm?"
I said, "what storm"?
She hit in the dawn hours of the 29th. That's how little time we had.

You try to pull shit outta your ass about events you clearly know nothing about, you're gonna get embarrassed here.

Just try me.
Do they not have weather on TV in Buttfuck Bayou, LA?

I don't watch TV. Maybe it's why I'm not as fucking clueless as you obviously are.
Sounds to me like you're pretty clueless if you can't turn on the TV and watch the weather.

Yeah I did that, fuck face -- after I got word.

Clearly you're too stupid to comprehend what's being said here. I'm telling tank-boy that 36 hours before the actual landfall, word was just then beginning to get around. It's a time reference.

Understand, stupid?
pogo, as natives there is no excuse not to know a hurricane is coming..and katrina wasn't just a "regular" hurricane

Saturday afternoon (27th). A co-worker called me and said, 'so what are you gonna do about the storm?"
I said, "what storm"? It was the first I had heard of it. By later that day both the mayor and the governor were on TV telling everybody to get out.

She hit in the dawn hours of the 29th, or about 36 hours later. That's how little time we had. And the evacuation took seven of those hours, on a trip that normally takes three.

You try to pull shit outta your ass about events you clearly know nothing about, you're gonna get embarrassed here.

Just try me.

I live on the Gulf Coast so you cant tell me shit about hurricanes.
But I can say you were obviously unprepared which is a sign of stupidity for someone who lives in N.O.

Cram it up your ass, moron. I'm telling tank-boy how little time there was. If you don't know about that, then I think the stupidity lives in your mirror. :fu:

Than why did most people have time to get out?
I mean you dont have to go far to get out of the fish bowl thats N.O.
Hell, I lived in Tennessee at the time, and we were putting up evacuees there.
that's where we went...somewhere near Jackson Tn. Stayed 2 days and watching tv...couldn't stand it..had to go home...
I lived near Memphis.

I have to say the evacuees we got were good people, and we were glad to help.

I said, "what storm"? It was the first I had heard of it. By later that day both the mayor and the governor were on TV telling everybody to get out.

She hit in the dawn hours of the 29th, or about 36 hours later. That's how little time we had. And the evacuation took seven of those hours, on a trip that normally takes three.

Just try me.

I live on the Gulf Coast so you cant tell me shit about hurricanes.
But I can say you were obviously unprepared which is a sign of stupidity for someone who lives in N.O.

Cram it up your ass, moron. I'm telling tank-boy how little time there was. If you don't know about that, then I think the stupidity lives in your mirror. :fu:

Than why did most people have time to get out?
I mean you dont have to go far to get out of the fish bowl thats N.O.
Hell, I lived in Tennessee at the time, and we were putting up evacuees there.
that's where we went...somewhere near Jackson Tn. Stayed 2 days and watching tv...couldn't stand it..had to go home...

In the city we couldn't go home until October. That's when I came here to Carolina.

I said, "what storm"?
She hit in the dawn hours of the 29th. That's how little time we had.

Just try me.

I don't watch TV. Maybe it's why I'm not as fucking clueless as you obviously are.
Sounds to me like you're pretty clueless if you can't turn on the TV and watch the weather.

Clearly you're too stupid to comprehend what's being said here. I'm telling tank-boy that 36 hours before the actual landfall, word was just then beginning to get around. It's a time reference.

Understand, stupid?
pogo, as natives there is no excuse not to know a hurricane is coming..and katrina wasn't just a "regular" hurricane

I'm hip. That was just to put some timeline perspective into it. It was about 2pm Saturday (8/27) that I became aware there even was a hurricane coming. Summa these outliers seem to think it was like a scheduled event with posters on telephone poles all month.

Katrina was around for a while and as you mention crossed Florida... but its path was erratic if you remember, and it wasn't certain at all before then that it was coming to NOLA.

Remember Katrina and George W. Bush's totally unbelievable mishandling of the massive destruction and death in Louisiana, and Mississippi? I Do!

It wasn't as bad and irresponsible as Iraq but it was in the game.

total bullshit. I lived through it. The mishandling was by the governor, Blanco, and the mayor (now in jail) Nagin. Those two idiots hated each other and were both dems who were determined to make the administration look bad at the expense of the citizens.
the fed government has responsibilities to help americans in natural disasters. There's no reason it should have taken days and days. The hurricane didn't just magically appear that morning..it had already crossed across florida.
On one hand there's personal responsibility..on the other hand the gvt has obligations...we pay taxes, too.

10 year old talking points resurrected to demonize Repubs. True desperation of the Democraps on parade! When Obie goes to NOLA, he's gonna give a 2 word speech......"Da Boosh!".........:lame2:.
So...things from 10 years ago are off limits? :lol: Since when?

Man, I've got a lot of posts to delete about the Civil War, the Constitution and the slave trade then... :rofl:

Than why didnt they leave? Oh thats right..they couldnt pass up the prime looting season.

We did. Once again typed slowly for the illiterati, my personal evac took seven hours, more than twice as long as that same trip usually takes, even with contraflow ordered by the governor on I-10, just because there was so much traffic.

New Orleans is in no way a stranger to hurricane warnings. There are always those who refuse to leave, and that's not peculiar to race or place. It's part of literally EVERY hurricane strike, everywhere. The difference in this case was, as already noted, not the storm itself but the massive flooding caused by the seven levee breaches, which were, as also previously noted, the fault of the Army Corps of Engineers. Without that happening tomorrow is just another day nobody remembers but as a piece of "on this day" trivia.

I have several friends and acquaintances who stayed put. For some, life simply went on with new challenges like no power and where to get food, while others had to be rescued from the top of their house by helicopter after they woke up in the night to find themselves floating in their bed. ALL of those were white. So you racist asshole trolls can go fuck yourselves in the circle jerk that appears to be your only goal here.

The blame belongs on Nagin and Blanco. There was plenty of warning. BUT, no one anticipated the levees breaking. If the levees had held it would have been a wind event with minimal damage.

Now, why did the levees break? Why were they not properly built and maintained? which party has controlled New Orleans forever? The answer to the last question answers the others. Dems cannot manage anything correctly. NOLA proves it. and I live here, I see it every day.

Neither Nagin nor Blanco built the levees. That's already been established, definitively, as the fault of the Army Corps of Engineers. Nothing Nagin or Blanco did or didn't do is at significant variance with any other hurricane. The difference, as I said before and as you agreed above, is that the levees broke. And that's the ACofE.

Your feeble attempts to make this into a political football are, in a word, disgusting.
Have you ever had to make it through an F-5 tornado??? I had to in Little Rock (shelter-in-place). The point is, if you can get warning of something like Katrina, YOU GET THE FUCK OUT!!!

You CAN'T control the weather!!!

Worry about the property later, unless you are willing to die for it... and then hope the Democrats don't steal the money you need!!!!!

I didn't mention "property", although that can be part of it. In my case it was a little of that and a lot more getting people and animals -- and their food and medications etc -- together. Let alone establishing where we were going.

But your point is taken -- I could have said "fuck it" and left them to drown.

We got the evacuation order by phone at 2:30 am. We were on the road by 8am with everything we considered irreplaceable, two dogs and two cats and some food water and wine. took 16 hours to go a distance that usually takes 4 hours. Saw many people stranded on the road with no gas, stopped at a station in Ala where there was a very long line and about 10 state troopers, they let you buy 10 gallons, no more. spent one night in the car at a rest stop, finally got to Jackson and spent 4 days there with no power. Came home, secured the house with a tarp and left until the power came back on 10 days later. I do not ever want to have to do that again.

Remember Katrina and George W. Bush's totally unbelievable mishandling of the massive destruction and death in Louisiana, and Mississippi? I Do!

total bullshit. I lived through it. The mishandling was by the governor, Blanco, and the mayor (now in jail) Nagin. Those two idiots hated each other and were both dems who were determined to make the administration look bad at the expense of the citizens.
the fed government has responsibilities to help americans in natural disasters. There's no reason it should have taken days and days. The hurricane didn't just magically appear that morning..it had already crossed across florida.
On one hand there's personal responsibility..on the other hand the gvt has obligations...we pay taxes, too.

the federal govt can only step in when asked by the governor and/or mayor. Nagin and Blanco are to blame for the delay.

the federal govt can only step in when asked by the governor and/or mayor. Nagin and Blanco are to blame for the delay.
I already agreed..but this exceeded the capabilities of the state...a good leader would have seen that and started twisting some arms...politicians..*spit*

Understand, stupid?

I'm hip. That was just to put some timeline perspective into it. It was about 2pm Saturday (8/27) that I became aware there even was a hurricane coming. Summa these outliers seem to think it was like a scheduled event with posters on telephone poles all month.

Katrina was around for a while and as you mention crossed Florida... but its path was erratic if you remember, and it wasn't certain at all before then that it was coming to NOLA.
A tornado can give you MINUTES of warning.

And an F-5 can packs winds of 250-350 mph (and you may have an hours' warning, if you're lucky).

If a hurricane is headed your way, you have several days... GET OUT!!!

Than why didnt they leave? Oh thats right..they couldnt pass up the prime looting season.

We did. Once again typed slowly for the illiterati, my personal evac took seven hours, more than twice as long as that same trip usually takes, even with contraflow ordered by the governor on I-10, just because there was so much traffic.

New Orleans is in no way a stranger to hurricane warnings. There are always those who refuse to leave, and that's not peculiar to race or place. It's part of literally EVERY hurricane strike, everywhere. The difference in this case was, as already noted, not the storm itself but the massive flooding caused by the seven levee breaches, which were, as also previously noted, the fault of the Army Corps of Engineers. Without that happening tomorrow is just another day nobody remembers but as a piece of "on this day" trivia.

I have several friends and acquaintances who stayed put. For some, life simply went on with new challenges like no power and where to get food, while others had to be rescued from the top of their house by helicopter after they woke up in the night to find themselves floating in their bed. ALL of those were white. So you racist asshole trolls can go fuck yourselves in the circle jerk that appears to be your only goal here.

The blame belongs on Nagin and Blanco. There was plenty of warning. BUT, no one anticipated the levees breaking. If the levees had held it would have been a wind event with minimal damage.

Now, why did the levees break? Why were they not properly built and maintained? which party has controlled New Orleans forever? The answer to the last question answers the others. Dems cannot manage anything correctly. NOLA proves it. and I live here, I see it every day.

Neither Nagin nor Blanco built the levees. That's already been established, definitively, as the fault of the Army Corps of Engineers. Nothing Nagin or Blanco did or didn't do is at significant variance with any other hurricane. The difference, as I said before and as you agreed above, is that the levees broke. And that's the ACofE.

Your feeble attempts to make this into a political football are, in a word, disgusting.

Blanco and Nagin made it a political football, not me. Those two have blood on their hands.

Earlier you tried to blame Bush, is that not trying to make it political?

Did I.
Where? :link:

FTR I have never complained about Katrina events. In my case at least, FEMA was accessible and did what it was supposed to do, when it was supposed to do it.

I'm just not going to tolerate revisionist bullshitters making up shit after the fact from their barcaloungers that I already know better, since I actually lived through it. So don't even try.

we got 2 checks from FEMA...tried to return one at one of the FEMA sites they set up..The guy was stunned..he didn't know what to do...
of course people cheated and made bogus claims..FEMA just wrote checks...stupid...we played fair and honest and returned one they wrote in error....

Have you ever had to make it through an F-5 tornado??? I had to in Little Rock (shelter-in-place). The point is, if you can get warning of something like Katrina, YOU GET THE FUCK OUT!!!

You CAN'T control the weather!!!

Worry about the property later, unless you are willing to die for it... and then hope the Democrats don't steal the money you need!!!!!

I didn't mention "property", although that can be part of it. In my case it was a little of that and a lot more getting people and animals -- and their food and medications etc -- together. Let alone establishing where we were going.

But your point is taken -- I could have said "fuck it" and left them to drown.

We got the evacuation order by phone at 2:30 am. We were on the road by 8am with everything we considered irreplaceable, two dogs and two cats and some food water and wine. took 16 hours to go a distance that usually takes 4 hours. Saw many people stranded on the road with no gas, stopped at a station in Ala where there was a very long line and about 10 state troopers, they let you buy 10 gallons, no more. spent one night in the car at a rest stop, finally got to Jackson and spent 4 days there with no power. Came home, secured the house with a tarp and left until the power came back on 10 days later. I do not ever want to have to do that again.

By phone from a friend? See, that's even 12 hours later than I got word.

Your travel story is consistent with mine. Somehow I got on the wrong contraflow lane and had to go through Baton Rouge :puke: and they wouldn't let me up I-55. My destination was southern Mississippi, on the river. There we got a minor storm and some wind, some light branches broken, no big deal, but the power went out for days. Yet right across the river in Vidalia everybody had power. It's the way the states are set up. Eventually they got crews coming down -- from Arkansas -- to get power restored.

At the time there were fine generous people offering housing everywhere from Mexico to Nova Scotia. I seriously thought about Nova Scotia but I ended up coming to the mountains of Carolina, a vacation house in the mountains with seven levels of Appalachian peaks to look at. We weren't allowed back into the city for five weeks -- early October --- and even then there was no power, no utilities, no police, no traffic lights and no place to eat but for a couple of joints out in Metairie. And the first order of business was to tape up your refrigerator and haul it outside to be picked up and taken away...

Understand, stupid?

And an F-5 can packs winds of 250-350 mph (and you may have an hours' warning, if you're lucky).

You don't have "several days" stupid. You have several hours.

What kind of moron conflates hurricanes and tornadoes just because they both involve wind?

Understand, stupid?

or if you stay, realize you're on your own and be prepared... no one is coming any time soon.

Forum List

Back