"Brownie....You're Doin' A Helluva Job"

Nagin dropped the ball ball when he didn't order MANDATORY evacuations, and actually allowed THOUSANDS of buses to just sit there and be destroyed.

More Philistine pig-ignorance from armchair Katrinites who weren't there.

There's no evidence the mayor of New Orleans has either the authority or the logistical ability to commandeer school buses (which were in the suburbs, not the city), find drivers and routes for them, or even that they were in a condition to do the job. It's a picture taken by a helicopter dangled out as bait to jump to conclusions -- which you did.

As for the mandatory evacuation:
Nagin orders first-ever mandatory evacuation of New Orleans (NOLA.com)

Where do you get this shit? Dimbart?

Than why didnt they leave? Oh thats right..they couldnt pass up the prime looting season.

We did. Once again typed slowly for the illiterati, my personal evac took seven hours, more than twice as long as that same trip usually takes, even with contraflow ordered by the governor on I-10, just because there was so much traffic.

New Orleans is in no way a stranger to hurricane warnings. There are always those who refuse to leave, and that's not peculiar to race or place. It's part of literally EVERY hurricane strike, everywhere. The difference in this case was, as already noted, not the storm itself but the massive flooding caused by the seven levee breaches, which were, as also previously noted, the fault of the Army Corps of Engineers. Without that happening tomorrow is just another day nobody remembers but as a piece of "on this day" trivia.

I have several friends and acquaintances who stayed put. For some, life simply went on with new challenges like no power and where to get food, while others had to be rescued from the top of their house by helicopter after they woke up in the night to find themselves floating in their bed. ALL of those were white. So you racist asshole trolls can go fuck yourselves in the circle jerk that appears to be your only goal here.

The blame belongs on Nagin and Blanco. There was plenty of warning. BUT, no one anticipated the levees breaking. If the levees had held it would have been a wind event with minimal damage.

Now, why did the levees break? Why were they not properly built and maintained? which party has controlled New Orleans forever? The answer to the last question answers the others. Dems cannot manage anything correctly. NOLA proves it. and I live here, I see it every day.

Neither Nagin nor Blanco built the levees. That's already been established, definitively, as the fault of the Army Corps of Engineers. Nothing Nagin or Blanco did or didn't do is at significant variance with any other hurricane. The difference, as I said before and as you agreed above, is that the levees broke. And that's the ACofE.

Your feeble attempts to make this into a political football are, in a word, disgusting.

Remember Katrina and George W. Bush's totally unbelievable mishandling of the massive destruction and death in Louisiana, and Mississippi? I Do!

It wasn't as bad and irresponsible as Iraq but it was in the game.

total bullshit. I lived through it. The mishandling was by the governor, Blanco, and the mayor (now in jail) Nagin. Those two idiots hated each other and were both dems who were determined to make the administration look bad at the expense of the citizens.

Nagin's a Republican. If you live there you remember how he took heat for running as a Democrat, not to mention endorsing Bush and Jindal.

That said, party politics has zero to do with how emergencies are handled. If your job is governor or mayor, you look out for the welfare of the state or city. Period.

yes, Nagin ran as a dem and supported Bush and Jindal. Thats why Blanco hated him. Those two assholes let the people drown because of party politics, they both suck. Blanco should be in jail with 8 ball nagin.

But you never answered my question about why the levees failed. Any idea?

Remember Katrina and George W. Bush's totally unbelievable mishandling of the massive destruction and death in Louisiana, and Mississippi? I Do!

During Katrina, Bush used strategery by flying over the city rather than driving through it. "Ya see, that way the terrorists can't win by hating our freedom".

I'm sure Bush told Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rove, Satan that they all did a 'heckuva job' on Iraq.

He still does. Because fact isn't a necessary commodity in the conservative mind.

Bush was returning from a trip to the west coast and diverted to fly over NO. No President would have landed with no preparation by the Secret Service and a plan to meet with the appropriate state officials. They were all to busy trying to cover cover their ass for not being prepared for a cat 4 Hurricane when they had ample warning to evacuate.
there was no place to land..the airport wasn't magically immune from storm damage...

That he flew over isn't the problem really..the problem was the lack of response for days and days.

Nagin dropped the ball ball when he didn't order MANDATORY evacuations, and actually allowed THOUSANDS of buses to just sit there and be destroyed.

There's no evidence the mayor of New Orleans has either the authority or the logistical ability to commandeer school buses (which were in the suburbs, not the city), find drivers and routes for them, or even that they were in a condition to do the job. It's a picture taken by a helicopter dangled out as bait to jump to conclusions -- which you did.

Than why didnt they leave? Oh thats right..they couldnt pass up the prime looting season.

We did. Once again typed slowly for the illiterati, my personal evac took seven hours, more than twice as long as that same trip usually takes, even with contraflow ordered by the governor on I-10, just because there was so much traffic.

New Orleans is in no way a stranger to hurricane warnings. There are always those who refuse to leave, and that's not peculiar to race or place. It's part of literally EVERY hurricane strike, everywhere. The difference in this case was, as already noted, not the storm itself but the massive flooding caused by the seven levee breaches, which were, as also previously noted, the fault of the Army Corps of Engineers. Without that happening tomorrow is just another day nobody remembers but as a piece of "on this day" trivia.

I have several friends and acquaintances who stayed put. For some, life simply went on with new challenges like no power and where to get food, while others had to be rescued from the top of their house by helicopter after they woke up in the night to find themselves floating in their bed. ALL of those were white. So you racist asshole trolls can go fuck yourselves in the circle jerk that appears to be your only goal here.

The blame belongs on Nagin and Blanco. There was plenty of warning. BUT, no one anticipated the levees breaking. If the levees had held it would have been a wind event with minimal damage.

Now, why did the levees break? Why were they not properly built and maintained? which party has controlled New Orleans forever? The answer to the last question answers the others. Dems cannot manage anything correctly. NOLA proves it. and I live here, I see it every day.

Neither Nagin nor Blanco built the levees. That's already been established, definitively, as the fault of the Army Corps of Engineers. Nothing Nagin or Blanco did or didn't do is at significant variance with any other hurricane. The difference, as I said before and as you agreed above, is that the levees broke. And that's the ACofE.

Your feeble attempts to make this into a political football are, in a word, disgusting.

Tell it to the OP.

total bullshit. I lived through it. The mishandling was by the governor, Blanco, and the mayor (now in jail) Nagin. Those two idiots hated each other and were both dems who were determined to make the administration look bad at the expense of the citizens.

Nagin's a Republican. If you live there you remember how he took heat for running as a Democrat, not to mention endorsing Bush and Jindal.

That said, party politics has zero to do with how emergencies are handled. If your job is governor or mayor, you look out for the welfare of the state or city. Period.

yes, Nagin ran as a dem and supported Bush and Jindal. Thats why Blanco hated him. Those two assholes let the people drown because of party politics, they both suck. Blanco should be in jail with 8 ball nagin.

How many times did I already post about the ACofE? :lalala:

So many that I've gone to abbreviating it.

Rotagilla's posted the same thing. And he's exactly right.

Blanco and Nagin made it a political football, not me. Those two have blood on their hands.

Earlier you tried to blame Bush, is that not trying to make it political?

faulty construction.

Katrina Report Blames Levees

A contrite U.S. Army Corps of Engineers took responsibility Thursday for the flooding of New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina and said the levees failed because they were built in a disjointed fashion using outdated data.

"This is the first time that the Corps has had to stand up and say, `We've had a catastrophic failure,"' Lt. Gen. Carl Strock, the Corps chief, said as the agency issued a 6,000-page-plus report on the disaster on Day 1 of the new hurricane season.

The Corps said it will use the lessons it has learned to build better flood defenses.

"Words alone will not restore trust in the Corps," Strock said, adding that the Corps is committed "to fulfilling our important responsibilities."

How many times did I already post about the ACofE? :lalala:

So many that I've gone to abbreviating it.

Rotagilla's posted the same thing. And he's exactly right.

so you agree the years of dem control resulted in mismanagement of the levees? Ok, Good.

Tell it to the OP.

Go fuck yourself. You're in this conversation only because you butted in to a post I made to somebody else. Now you want to bail and hand it off to "the OP".

Fuckin' loser.

The lazy negros were warned to leave town

Know when I got the word about the storm, little boy in a tank?

Saturday afternoon (27th). A co-worker called me and said, 'so what are you gonna do about the storm?"
I said, "what storm"?
She hit in the dawn hours of the 29th. That's how little time we had.

You try to pull shit outta your ass about events you clearly know nothing about, you're gonna get embarrassed here.

Just try me.
Do they not have weather on TV in Buttfuck Bayou, LA?

I don't watch TV. Maybe it's why I'm not as fucking clueless as you obviously are.
too much television erodes IQ.

faulty construction.

Katrina Report Blames Levees

A contrite U.S. Army Corps of Engineers took responsibility Thursday for the flooding of New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina and said the levees failed because they were built in a disjointed fashion using outdated data.

"This is the first time that the Corps has had to stand up and say, `We've had a catastrophic failure,"' Lt. Gen. Carl Strock, the Corps chief, said as the agency issued a 6,000-page-plus report on the disaster on Day 1 of the new hurricane season.

The Corps said it will use the lessons it has learned to build better flood defenses.

"Words alone will not restore trust in the Corps," Strock said, adding that the Corps is committed "to fulfilling our important responsibilities."

faulty construction and faulty maintenance. The levee boards did not do their jobs and instead lined their own pockets with money that was supposed to be used for maintenance and improvements.

Saturday afternoon (27th). A co-worker called me and said, 'so what are you gonna do about the storm?"
I said, "what storm"?
She hit in the dawn hours of the 29th. That's how little time we had.

You try to pull shit outta your ass about events you clearly know nothing about, you're gonna get embarrassed here.

Just try me.
Do they not have weather on TV in Buttfuck Bayou, LA?

I don't watch TV. Maybe it's why I'm not as fucking clueless as you obviously are.
too much television erodes IQ.

And that essplains Obigwan's dumbfuck posts here.

Pogo, remember this?
I was going to stay..I lived here during Betsy and Camille...When I heard this Sunday afternoon I started packing..came back on wednesday after the storm hit monday.it was unbelievable...
I had NEVER heard a NWS report using ANY terms like that.

URGENT — WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW ORLEANS LA
1011 AM CDT SUN AUG 28, 2005

...DEVASTATING DAMAGE EXPECTED...

HURRICANE KATRINA...A MOST POWERFUL HURRICANE WITH UNPRECEDENTED
STRENGTH... RIVALING THE INTENSITY OF HURRICANE CAMILLE OF 1969.

MOST OF THE AREA WILL BE UNINHABITABLE FOR WEEKS...PERHAPS LONGER. AT
LEAST ONE HALF OF WELL CONSTRUCTED HOMES WILL HAVE ROOF AND WALL
FAILURE. ALL GABLED ROOFS WILL FAIL...LEAVING THOSE HOMES SEVERELY
DAMAGED OR DESTROYED.

THE MAJORITY OF INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS WILL BECOME NON FUNCTIONAL.
PARTIAL TO COMPLETE WALL AND ROOF FAILURE IS EXPECTED. ALL WOOD
FRAMED LOW RISING APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL BE DESTROYED. CONCRETE
BLOCK LOW RISE APARTMENTS WILL SUSTAIN MAJOR DAMAGE...INCLUDING SOME
WALL AND ROOF FAILURE.

HIGH RISE OFFICE AND APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL SWAY DANGEROUSLY...A
FEW TO THE POINT OF TOTAL COLLAPSE. ALL WINDOWS WILL BLOW OUT.

AIRBORNE DEBRIS WILL BE WIDESPREAD...AND MAY INCLUDE HEAVY ITEMS SUCH
AS HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES AND EVEN LIGHT VEHICLES. SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES
AND LIGHT TRUCKS WILL BE MOVED. THE BLOWN DEBRIS WILL CREATE
ADDITIONAL DESTRUCTION. PERSONS...PETS...AND LIVESTOCK EXPOSED TO THE
WINDS WILL FACE CERTAIN DEATH IF STRUCK.

POWER OUTAGES WILL LAST FOR WEEKS...AS MOST POWER POLES WILL BE DOWN
AND TRANSFORMERS DESTROYED. WATER SHORTAGES WILL MAKE HUMAN SUFFERING
INCREDIBLE BY MODERN STANDARDS.

THE VAST MAJORITY OF NATIVE TREES WILL BE SNAPPED OR UPROOTED. ONLY
THE HEARTIEST WILL REMAIN STANDING...BUT BE TOTALLY DEFOLIATED. FEW
CROPS WILL REMAIN. LIVESTOCK LEFT EXPOSED TO THE WINDS WILL BE
KILLED.

AN INLAND HURRICANE WIND WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS NEAR
HURRICANE FORCE...OR FREQUENT GUSTS AT OR ABOVE HURRICANE FORCE...ARE
CERTAIN WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.

ONCE TROPICAL STORM AND HURRICANE FORCE WINDS ONSET...DO NOT VENTURE
OUTSIDE!

Have you ever had to make it through an F-5 tornado??? I had to in Little Rock (shelter-in-place). The point is, if you can get warning of something like Katrina, YOU GET THE FUCK OUT!!!

You CAN'T control the weather!!!

Worry about the property later, unless you are willing to die for it... and then hope the Democrats don't steal the money you need!!!!!

Blanco and Nagin made it a political football, not me. Those two have blood on their hands.

Did I.
Where? :link:

FTR I have never complained about Katrina events. In my case at least, FEMA was accessible and did what it was supposed to do, when it was supposed to do it.

I'm just not going to tolerate revisionist bullshitters making up shit after the fact from their barcaloungers that I already know better, since I actually lived through it. So don't even try.

Tell it to the OP.

Go fuck yourself. You're in this conversation only because you butted in to a post I made to somebody else. Now you want to bail and hand it off to "the OP".

Fuckin' loser.

The OP started this thread to try and smear Bush you stupid bastard.
Talk about political football.

Did I.
Where? :link:

must have been one of your suck buddies. So you agree that the blame lies with nagin and blanco?

I said, "what storm"? It was the first I had heard of it. By later that day both the mayor and the governor were on TV telling everybody to get out.

She hit in the dawn hours of the 29th, or about 36 hours later. That's how little time we had. And the evacuation took seven of those hours, on a trip that normally takes three.

Just try me.

I live on the Gulf Coast so you cant tell me shit about hurricanes.
But I can say you were obviously unprepared which is a sign of stupidity for someone who lives in N.O.

Cram it up your ass, moron. I'm telling tank-boy how little time there was. If you don't know about that, then I think the stupidity lives in your mirror. :fu:

Than why did most people have time to get out?
I mean you dont have to go far to get out of the fish bowl thats N.O.
Hell, I lived in Tennessee at the time, and we were putting up evacuees there.
that's where we went...somewhere near Jackson Tn. Stayed 2 days and watching tv...couldn't stand it..had to go home...

Have you ever had to make it through an F-5 tornado??? I had to in Little Rock (shelter-in-place). The point is, if you can get warning of something like Katrina, YOU GET THE FUCK OUT!!!

You CAN'T control the weather!!!

Worry about the property later, unless you are willing to die for it... and then hope the Democrats don't steal the money you need!!!!!

I didn't mention "property", although that can be part of it. In my case it was a little of that and a lot more getting people and animals -- and their food and medications etc -- together. Let alone establishing where we were going.

But your point is taken -- I could have said "fuck it" and left them to drown.

Forum List

Back