"Brownie....You're Doin' A Helluva Job"

The lazy negros were warned to leave town

Know when I got the word about the storm, little boy in a tank?

Saturday afternoon (27th). A co-worker called me and said, 'so what are you gonna do about the storm?"
I said, "what storm"?
She hit in the dawn hours of the 29th. That's how little time we had.

You try to pull shit outta your ass about events you clearly know nothing about, you're gonna get embarrassed here.

Just try me.
Do they not have weather on TV in Buttfuck Bayou, LA?

I don't watch TV. Maybe it's why I'm not as fucking clueless as you obviously are.

Nagin dropped the ball ball when he didn't order MANDATORY evacuations, and actually allowed THOUSANDS of buses to just sit there and be destroyed.

More Philistine pig-ignorance from armchair Katrinites who weren't there.

There's no evidence the mayor of New Orleans has either the authority or the logistical ability to commandeer school buses (which were in the suburbs, not the city), find drivers and routes for them, or even that they were in a condition to do the job. It's a picture taken by a helicopter dangled out as bait to jump to conclusions -- which you did.

As for the mandatory evacuation:
Nagin orders first-ever mandatory evacuation of New Orleans (NOLA.com)

Where do you get this shit? Dimbart?

Than why didnt they leave? Oh thats right..they couldnt pass up the prime looting season.

Saturday afternoon (27th). A co-worker called me and said, 'so what are you gonna do about the storm?"
I said, "what storm"?

You try to pull shit outta your ass about events you clearly know nothing about, you're gonna get embarrassed here.

Just try me.

I don't watch TV. Maybe it's why I'm not as fucking clueless as you obviously are.

Than I guess thats your problem.

I said, "what storm"? It was the first I had heard of it. By later that day both the mayor and the governor were on TV telling everybody to get out.

She hit in the dawn hours of the 29th, or about 36 hours later. That's how little time we had. And the evacuation took seven of those hours, on a trip that normally takes three.

Just try me.

I live on the Gulf Coast so you cant tell me shit about hurricanes.
But I can say you were obviously unprepared which is a sign of stupidity for someone who lives in N.O.

Cram it up your ass, moron. I'm telling tank-boy how little time there was. If you don't know about that, then I think the stupidity lives in your mirror. :fu:

Remember Katrina and George W. Bush's totally unbelievable mishandling of the massive destruction and death in Louisiana, and Mississippi? I Do!

It wasn't as bad and irresponsible as Iraq but it was in the game.
You talking about when Nagin went to prison for corruption over the way he handled the money?
No, he's talking about how Bush and the republicans criminally mishandled the response to a national emergency and 1500 people died.

Another moron that believes the feds should come in and do the states job.

Well yeah. The levies were totally a federal responsibility administered by the Army Corps of Engineers and we have this thing called FEMA that is specifically tasked with large scale recovery relief, both of them dropped the ball so bad that there is no excuse.

FEMA comes in after the fact not before and if the Army Corps of Engineers had a crystal ball they may have foreseen the levee giving way and if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumped.

it wasn't an "error"..it was faulty construction that didn't even meet THEIR OWN standards. They were liable.

WHen the sun came up that day it was no big deal..we are used to hurricanes..we have generators and chain saws...we know how to live without power and television and music and video games or the corner store or restaurants or hardware stores......We get to practice every few years. We're good at it.

so there were trees down and big damage but we can fix that.....but where in the hell is all this water coming from?
THAT was the problem...80% of the city ended up under water...N.O. ceased to exist, essentially for a few weeks...no commerce, no taxes being collected, the port was closed, the airport was closed...

faulty construction. criminally, willful, faulty construction

Remember Katrina and George W. Bush's totally unbelievable mishandling of the massive destruction and death in Louisiana, and Mississippi? I Do!

You talking about when Nagin went to prison for corruption over the way he handled the money?
No, he's talking about how Bush and the republicans criminally mishandled the response to a national emergency and 1500 people died.

That's weird because I watched the committee meeting with the people who were actually there a few days ago on C-Span and they said it was Nagin and the Governor's fault. Not Bush.
Well of course there is plenty of blame to go around. I am not disputing that the state and local governments had a hand in the fuck-ups, I am disputing all you Bush apologists putting 100% of the blame on them.

They did and they were there right in the middle of it.

I said, "what storm"?

Just try me.

Sounds to me like you're pretty clueless if you can't turn on the TV and watch the weather.

I said, "what storm"? It was the first I had heard of it. By later that day both the mayor and the governor were on TV telling everybody to get out.

She hit in the dawn hours of the 29th, or about 36 hours later. That's how little time we had. And the evacuation took seven of those hours, on a trip that normally takes three.

Just try me.

But I can say you were obviously unprepared which is a sign of stupidity for someone who lives in N.O.

Cram it up your ass, moron. I'm telling tank-boy how little time there was. If you don't know about that, then I think the stupidity lives in your mirror. :fu:

Than why did most people have time to get out?
I mean you dont have to go far to get out of the fish bowl thats N.O.

Because FEMA is the first responder, and not a funding agency to rebuild..

Leftists - sure they're lying twats - but they make up for it with stupidity...
You could look back at the bungled response by FEMA or you could continue to look like you lost all memory of one of our worst man-made disasters.
You DO realize that practically all of the deaths happened in the immediate aftermath of the Hurricane, before state and local leaders asked for federal help, right????

You must think Bush was GOD if you think that was "man made".
obi, if the levees had been properly built the city would not have flooded. It was fraud and negligence by the U.S. army corps of engineers..That's a fact...

Just try me.

Hell, I lived in Tennessee at the time, and we were putting up evacuees there.

I have to agree somewhat with you.
We can get the 82nd Airborne halfway around the world over night to invade another country but here...when citizens were struggling badly and dying.... they couldn't figure out what to do for days....

there was an obvious healthcare crisis...the u.s. navy has the most advanced hospital ships built...sail a couple up the river and dock them and immediately begin helping..but no...

The u.s. army has entire divisions of Combat Engineers whose job is to fix badly broken stuff in a war zone..deploy a couple of battallions of them and let's get busy...but no...

Yes..the governor has to make the call and she was fricking clueless..that's when a leader would have stepped forward and said a disaster like this supercedes any political maneuvering...but no...

So yeah..let's elect ANOTHER career politician to the white house..what could go wrong?
Our current FEMA director is pretty good, all it takes is not filling up appointments with unqualified yes-men as Bush did.

Sandy was a complete fuck up.
Who's watch did that happen on again?
The Sandy response was lightning fast compared to Katrina. In what way do you think it was a "complete fuck up" seeing as how no one really expected what it would do compared with a lot of people knowing NOLA was terribly vulnerable?

"Remember Katrina" ? Is the pathetic left taking a trip down memory lane to avoid all the scandals in the Obama administration and the Hillary campaign or are they trying to make a point about the weather?

LOL...you my friend are a racist bastard and anyone you've ever had a verbal exchange with knows it.

he's partly right. nagin said the superdome WAS NOT to be used as a shelter and to evacuate ASAP...the hurricane had been coming for many days..We knew what it was and what it meant and what could happen..everyone who lives in the gulf south knows about hurricanes...no excuse

Just try me.

Hell, I lived in Tennessee at the time, and we were putting up evacuees there.

Did they leave afterwords?
Our crime rate skyrocketed in Houston from all the bused in thugs that stuck around.

Last edited:
Nagin dropped the ball ball when he didn't order MANDATORY evacuations, and actually allowed THOUSANDS of buses to just sit there and be destroyed.

More Philistine pig-ignorance from armchair Katrinites who weren't there.

There's no evidence the mayor of New Orleans has either the authority or the logistical ability to commandeer school buses (which were in the suburbs, not the city), find drivers and routes for them, or even that they were in a condition to do the job. It's a picture taken by a helicopter dangled out as bait to jump to conclusions -- which you did.

As for the mandatory evacuation:
Nagin orders first-ever mandatory evacuation of New Orleans (NOLA.com)

Where do you get this shit? Dimbart?

Than why didnt they leave? Oh thats right..they couldnt pass up the prime looting season.

We did. Once again typed slowly for the illiterati, my personal evac took seven hours, more than twice as long as that same trip usually takes, even with contraflow ordered by the governor on I-10, just because there was so much traffic.

New Orleans is in no way a stranger to hurricane warnings. There are always those who refuse to leave, and that's not peculiar to race or place. It's part of literally EVERY hurricane strike, everywhere. The difference in this case was, as already noted, not the storm itself but the massive flooding caused by the seven levee breaches, which were, as also previously noted, the fault of the Army Corps of Engineers. Without that happening tomorrow is just another day nobody remembers but as a piece of "on this day" trivia.

I have several friends and acquaintances who stayed put. For some, life simply went on with new challenges like no power and where to get food, while others had to be rescued from the top of their house by helicopter after they woke up in the night to find themselves floating in their bed. ALL of those were white. So you racist asshole trolls can go fuck yourselves in the circle jerk that appears to be your only goal here.

Actually it was the Democrat Mayor of NO and the Democrat Governor of Louisiana that mishandled the emergency.
the destruction of 80% of the city is far beyond what any governor could handle..let alone a mayor..yes, they were fools..but they're politicians..what do you expect?..they were ALL in over their heads..no pun intended

Forum List

Back