Bruins Fans in Boston

Thats one place I have never been. Save for but one person, every other person I have met from Boston were raging racists.

I think Boston is like any metropolitan area. There are parts of it that you would absolutely want to avoid, and there are also places there that are quite pleasant. I've encountered both sides of it. The bad was very bad, but the good was as good as it gets.

Last edited:
When does the Salem Witch hunt begin? Get the NSA and Eric Snowden on this stat. Track those tweets.

And even up to today Bruins fans are still pissed at the few idiots (at least two who are not in or from New England) tweeting some racist idiocy.

I've said before in other threads on this forum that despite the reputation the southern U.S. has for being a bunch of racists, I never heard the amount of racist language when I lived in South Carolina than I did growing up in Boston. Those blue collar union Irish Massholes are some of the biggest bigots you'll ever come across.

That's why they elected a black governor two terms in a row? That's why one of the longest-serving Congressmen from MA was as openly gay as it gets? That's why one of the Senators from the state is a woman?

Oh, the bigotry...

As a Boston sports fan and also live in Boston..I have never seen or heard anything like that before. And I go to lots of games. It is embaressing for our city.

Yes, we can be rude..and yes we can be brutally honest..and cant drive for shit..but those racist comments do not represent us as a whole.

We take our sports very seriously here but those tweets were way over the line.

I actually think New England is one of the most tolerant places in the US.

Last edited:
As a Boston sports fan and also live in Boston..I have never seen or heard anything like that before. And I go to lots of games. It is embaressing for our city.

Yes, we can be rude..and yes we can be brutally honest..and cant drive for shit..but those racist comments do not represent us as a whole.

Oh yes, very tolerant.

As long as you are liberal.

I was born and raised there. The first and most racial slurs I heard from my Democrat aunts and uncles.

Oh yes, very tolerant.

As long as you are liberal.

I was born and raised there. The first and most racial slurs I heard from my Democrat aunts and uncles.

Maybe I am a sheltered Bostonian lol...I have never observed racism here.

I know we deserve our "Masshole" nickname at times...but I didnt think racism was one of the reasons.

Thats one place I have never been. Save for but one person, every other person I have met from Boston were raging racists.

I think Boston is like any metropolitan area. There are parts of it that you would absolutely want to avoid, and there are also places there that are quite pleasant. I've encountered both sides of it. The bad was very bad, but the good was as good as it gets.

Some of the worst school desegregation riots in the country were in Boston.

You must be referring to the Boston busing fiasco.

While I agree that some of it was racially motivated there was more to that than just the color of peoples skin.

I've said before in other threads on this forum that despite the reputation the southern U.S. has for being a bunch of racists, I never heard the amount of racist language when I lived in South Carolina than I did growing up in Boston. Those blue collar union Irish Massholes are some of the biggest bigots you'll ever come across.

Which is an incredibly bigoted statement.

The reason for bigotry and racism is that some people judge the whole group by a few individuals.

While I agree that some of it was racially motivated there was more to that than just the color of peoples skin.

Then why did the twits tweet racist statements?

Sorry...My commetn was in reference to the Boston bussing thing..not the racist tweets.

The racist tweets were wrong and in fact all about race...and as I said..quite an embaressment to us.

Wow really? How embarrassing for the team at a time like this.

As a life-long Bruins fan and someone who lives about 35 miles outside of Boston, it is a little embarassing.

Unfortunately these sorts of morons exist in every fanbase around the world and they come out of the woodwork when their team isn't doing well, and the Bruins looked like a sack of shit on Thursday night. To add insult to injury it was Subban, a player most Bruins fans don't care for because of his style of play, (not his skin color) who scored twice, including the OT winner for Montreal.

As bad as I'm sure the team and players feel about this, they do have to admit there's one UPSIDE for them in this issue..... Nobody is talking about how pathetically the Bruins have played in BOTH of the first two games in the series. They are incredibly luck not to be down two games to none going into to the Bell Center tomorrow night.

Sorry...My commetn was in reference to the Boston bussing thing..not the racist tweets.

The racist tweets were wrong and in fact all about race...and as I said..quite an embaressment to us.

Sorry, my mistake.

Forum List

Back