Burger King marquee goes viral with 'We all quit' message after workers quit en masse

Good. Pay more or go under. No pity from me.
Yeah, who's that going to hurt more? The employer who will go under in either scenario or the employee who is without a job. When prices at BK get so high due to overpaid employees, customers will find somewhere else to get their burgers or eat at home. No pity for any of them from me--I don't like canadian burgers anyway.

Employees are getting a leg up perhaps? It's so long long long overdue. Double or triple the pay for anyone that stays.
They're going to have to do that in any case as long as the government pays people more to stay at home than to work.
Exactly right. For example, you go to the local deli and instead of three workers as had been the case you will now find one worker expected to do the work of three people. If I were that sole employee, I would make sure it was the best paying deli job in the area, or expect to be paid a fair wage for triple work. In my example, it would be hard to expect one deli employee to fulfill the role of three, and the quantity of products is no longer the same nor is the quality of specialty type of items (chicken salad formerly made with nuts, grapes, and celery is now plain chicken salad).

1626311936771.png

Money says the manager and owner are saying how hard it is to find good workers....when it really isn't.

^^^ I second this. To me, this is no different than a tenant packing their things and going to a new address because their current landlord doesn't keep up on what is supposed to be their own responsibility. The lady who was told to hand over the keys because she was being fired, according to the beginning of the write up, she had already put in a two week notice and so what was the point in firing her, especially when that message on the board was only there to let the customers know the truth. My only other question is, how many workers were still in picture if not all of them had quit?

God bless you and the former and present workers always!!!

Holly

what was the point in firing her
The last time I changed a job--41 years ago, the same thing happened to me. I gave them 2 weeks notice and they said that my check would be ready at the end of the day. I can kind of understand the employers mindset though--he didn't want to potentially poison the rest of his employee pool. But by the sounds of this story, the employees had already had enough.

Forum List

Back