Bush didn't just lie........

Fear mongering was much more effective

George W. Bush didn t just lie about the Iraq War. What he did was much worse.

What the Bush administration launched in 2002 and 2003 may have been the most comprehensive, sophisticated, and misleading campaign of government propaganda in American history. Spend too much time in the weeds, and you risk missing the hysterical tenor of the whole campaign.

In the summer of 2002, the administration established something called the White House Iraq Group, through which Karl Rove and other communication strategists like Karen Hughes and Mary Matalin coordinated with policy officials to sell the public on the threat from Iraq in order to justify war. "The script had been finalized with great care over the summer," White House press secretary Scott McClellan later wrote, for a "campaign to convince Americans that war with Iraq was inevitable and necessary."
In that campaign, intelligence wasn't something to be understood and assessed by the administration in making their decisions, it was a propaganda tool to lead the public to the conclusion that the administration wanted. Again and again we saw a similar pattern: An allegation would bubble up from somewhere, some in the intelligence community would say that it could be true but others would say it was either speculation or outright baloney, but before you knew it the president or someone else was presenting it to the public as settled fact.

Do you recall what happened on 911? Had Obama been president he would have appointed a committee to study Muslim anger. Gfy

After 9-11, Bush received unprecidented support both at home and around the world. It is doubtful that Republicans would have provided Obama the same courtesy

He had it after his election....then he fucked everything up and all that is left is fools like you supporting him

Fear mongering was much more effective

George W. Bush didn t just lie about the Iraq War. What he did was much worse.

What the Bush administration launched in 2002 and 2003 may have been the most comprehensive, sophisticated, and misleading campaign of government propaganda in American history. Spend too much time in the weeds, and you risk missing the hysterical tenor of the whole campaign.

In the summer of 2002, the administration established something called the White House Iraq Group, through which Karl Rove and other communication strategists like Karen Hughes and Mary Matalin coordinated with policy officials to sell the public on the threat from Iraq in order to justify war. "The script had been finalized with great care over the summer," White House press secretary Scott McClellan later wrote, for a "campaign to convince Americans that war with Iraq was inevitable and necessary."
In that campaign, intelligence wasn't something to be understood and assessed by the administration in making their decisions, it was a propaganda tool to lead the public to the conclusion that the administration wanted. Again and again we saw a similar pattern: An allegation would bubble up from somewhere, some in the intelligence community would say that it could be true but others would say it was either speculation or outright baloney, but before you knew it the president or someone else was presenting it to the public as settled fact.

Do you recall what happened on 911? Had Obama been president he would have appointed a committee to study Muslim anger. Gfy

After 9-11, Bush received unprecidented support both at home and around the world. It is doubtful that Republicans would have provided Obama the same courtesy
Bush led. Obama vacillates. End of story.

"What a bunch of garbage: liberal, democrat, conservative, republican. It's all there to control you! Two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job, of Slavery Inc.!"
Alex Jones

Damn rightwinger, you're kidding me, right??!! It's a fucking Op-Ed piece and the fact he wrote it and you posted it at this time (reference the "successes" :lmao: we've had recently in the ME) is so painfully obvious it's borderline pathetic. I might have expected this conspiracy bull shit from Dot Com or Luddy but not you.
The polarization continues apace......

It is a very well written op-ed piece and he is right
Okie dokie, so you're a conspiracy nut now...... Okay deanie Jr, got it. :thup:

Damn rightwinger, you're kidding me, right??!! It's a fucking Op-Ed piece and the fact he wrote it and you posted it at this time (reference the "successes" :lmao: we've had recently in the ME) is so painfully obvious it's borderline pathetic. I might have expected this conspiracy bull shit from Dot Com or Luddy but not you.

Oct 2002 National Intelligence Estimate produced. It warns that Iraq "is reconstituting its nuclear program" and "has now established large-scale, redundant and concealed BW agent production capabilities"—an assessment based largely on Curveball's statements. But NIE also notes that the State Department has assigned "low confidence" to the notion of "whether in desperation Saddam would share chemical or biological weapons with Al Qaeda." Cites State Department experts who concluded that "the tubes are not intended for use in Iraq's nuclear weapons program." Also says "claims of Iraqi pursuit of natural uranium in Africa" are "highly dubious." Only six senators bother to read all 92 pages.

Crap Eots, why do you bother, you know I know you're a conspiracy nut and discount your imagined plots out of hand.

Bush used faulty intelligence to stoke us into war...he sent out Condoleeza Rice, a war criminal, to scare folks with her "we don't want the smoking gun to be a Nuclear cloud" schtick ...then he sent a prostitute by the name of "Colin Powell" to moan and writhe in front of the UN with programmed lies...

Bush used faulty intelligence to stoke us into war...he sent out Condoleeza Rice, a war criminal, to scare folks with her "we don't want the smoking gun to be a Nuclear cloud" schtick ...then he sent a prostitute by the name of "Colin Powell" to moan and writhe in front of the UN with programmed lies...

Add Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and most importantly....Cheney

Cheney was the biggest whore of them all

Sorry, but the progaganda boat sailed in vietnam. 50,000 american soldiers dead under lbj's adventure in the jungle.

It wasn't LBJ's but why can't we learn from Vietnam? Why can't we learn from Iraq?

Instead, we have politicians wanting to do it again.

Officially, yes. Technically, no. Kennedy sent the first spies in. Why didn't we learn from vietnam?

Well since you believe Bush lied then every intelligence agency in the world was lying right along with him.

Funny how that works. Bush's intelligence and the intelliegence of all those other agencies in all those other countries said the same thing but somehow Bush lied.

Oh wait. I forgot. Its Rightwinger. Never mind.
And Clinton didnt lie. Even though Clinton said exactly what Bush was saying. And plenty of other Democrats too.
It's amazing. The same things are truth by Clinton but a lie by Bush. Only liberals....

Clinton had eight years to invade Iraq....He didn't think it was necessary

He was right
He had 8 years to take out bin Laden too. And didnt think it was necessary. He had 8 years to take on al Qaeda. And didnt think it was necessary. So yeah point to Bill Clinton's spectacular foreign policy successes.

Bush led. Obama vacillates. End of story.

Bush led us into an unneeded war and Bush led us into a stock market crash and Bush led us from incipient Government budget surplus to record deficits...Bush's last Budget defict was $1.4 trillion ...yeah he was a leader alright waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It was not so much what Bush told us....but what he neglected to tell us

10/4/02 Asked by Sen. Graham to make gist of NIE public, Tenet produces 25-page document titled "Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction Programs." It says Saddam has them and omits dissenting views contained in the classified NIE.

RW I am still waiting four pages latter for you to provide links of this bloggers statement in your OP?

Talk about propaganda and trying to rewrite history for children.... Talk about a drama queen...

From the same link:
And each and every time the message was the same: If we didn't wage war, Iraq was going to attack the United States homeland with its enormous arsenal of ghastly weapons

Well since you believe Bush lied then every intelligence agency in the world was lying right along with him.

Funny how that works. Bush's intelligence and the intelliegence of all those other agencies in all those other countries said the same thing but somehow Bush lied.

And Clinton didnt lie. Even though Clinton said exactly what Bush was saying. And plenty of other Democrats too.
It's amazing. The same things are truth by Clinton but a lie by Bush. Only liberals....

He was right
He had 8 years to take out bin Laden too. And didnt think it was necessary. He had 8 years to take on al Qaeda. And didnt think it was necessary. So yeah point to Bill Clinton's spectacular foreign policy successes.

Clinton came closer than Bush did and Bush had an entire Army chasing him......

But for some reason, Bush broke off the chase in Tora Bora....just when he had him trapped

RW I am still waiting four pages latter for you to provide links of this bloggers statement in your OP?

Talk about propaganda and trying to rewrite history for children.... Talk about a drama queen...

From the same link:
And each and every time the message was the same: If we didn't wage war, Iraq was going to attack the United States homeland with its enormous arsenal of ghastly weapons

Are you unable to read?

Do try to keep up with the thread

He was right

Clinton came closer than Bush did and Bush had an entire Army chasing him......

But for some reason, Bush broke off the chase in Tora Bora....just when he had him trapped
Thats because Rumsfeld was taking bribes from ex Soviet republics in the form of big speaking fees. Oh, wait. That was Hillary Clinton.

Forum List

Back