Bush Dynasty a Failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Republicans continually underestimate the perfidy of their Democrat opposition, who will go to any length to turn military victory into defeat.

What "victory" would that be?

Inquiring minds want to know.
FLASHBACK Obama We re Leaving Behind a Sovereign Stable and Self-Reliant Iraq CNS News

When President Barack Obama removed the last U.S. forces from Iraq in December 2011, he announced that—as he had planned—the U.S. was leaving behind a “sovereign, stable and self-reliant Iraq, with a representative government.”

It was a "moment of success," he said.

On Feb. 27, 2009, a little more than a month after his first inauguration, Obama gave a speech at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina that the White House entitled, “Responsibly Ending the War in Iraq.”

Obama said then that his strategy was based on the “achievable goal” of a “sovereign, stable and self-reliant” Iraq--and that he intended to withdraw all U.S. forces from Iraq by the end of 2011, as had been envisioned in the Status of Forces agreement negotiated by the Bush Administration.

“Today, I can announce that our review is complete, and that the United States will pursue a new strategy to end the war in Iraq through a transition to full Iraqi responsibility,” said Obama. “This strategy is grounded in a clear and achievable goal shared by the Iraqi people and the American people: an Iraq that is sovereign, stable, and self-reliant. To achieve that goal, we will work to promote an Iraqi government that is just, representative, and accountable, and that provides neither support nor safe-haven to terrorists.”

“And under the Status of Forces Agreement with the Iraqi government, I intend to remove all U.S. troops from Iraq by the end of 2011,” said Obama. “We will complete this transition to Iraqi responsibility, and we will bring our troops home with the honor that they have earned.”

Almost three years later, on Dec. 14, 2011, when he was removing the last U.S. troops from Iraq, Obama gave a speech at Fort Bragg in North Carolina. Here he said his strategy based on building a sovereign, stable, self-reliant Iraq had succeeded.

“It’s harder to end a war than begin one,” Obama said at Fort Bragg. “Indeed, everything that American troops have done in Iraq--all the fighting and all the dying, the bleeding and the building, and the training and the partnering--all of it has led to this moment of success. Now, Iraq is not a perfect place. It has many challenges ahead. But we’re leaving behind a sovereign, stable and self-reliant Iraq, with a representative government that was elected by its people. We’re building a new partnership between our nations. And we are ending a war not with a final battle, but with a final march toward home. This is an extraordinary achievement, nearly nine years in the making.”

Despite the political rhetoric, we don't have (Royal) Dynasties in America.

The Bushes are a very successful family in a number of ways: many offspring, financial security, loving relationships.

Good for them!

Okay since this
Starting two wars, expanding Medicare, and lowering taxes all in the same timeframe is generally not "fiscally responsible"
Don't forget pushing the idea that any who opposed him hated America and hated soldiers.

Don't forget what an absolute BUFFOON he he made of himself everytime he stepped in front of a microphone.

Don't forget that he created a culture of hatred for our historically greatest allies in europe, and caused them to hate us in turn.

Don't forget that the world was unified with America after 9/11, and he royally fucked that up to the point where the world is reluctant for America to take the lead on ANY global issues anymore.

Don't forget that he was responsible for the Patriot Act, the greatst disgrace to the constitution this country has ever seen.

Don't forget he created the monstrocity that is Homeland Security, for no other reason than to harass and police citizens.
wow... I bet you believe in all kinds of conspiracy theories
No, the conspiracy theory was that Saddam was behing 9-11.

When was the last time a thread wasn't derailed
Welcome to USMB....

3754881058_liberal_talking_points_xlarge.jpeg

Okay since this
Starting two wars, expanding Medicare, and lowering taxes all in the same timeframe is generally not "fiscally responsible"
Don't forget pushing the idea that any who opposed him hated America and hated soldiers.

Don't forget what an absolute BUFFOON he he made of himself everytime he stepped in front of a microphone.

Don't forget that he created a culture of hatred for our historically greatest allies in europe, and caused them to hate us in turn.

Don't forget that the world was unified with America after 9/11, and he royally fucked that up to the point where the world is reluctant for America to take the lead on ANY global issues anymore.

Don't forget that he was responsible for the Patriot Act, the greatst disgrace to the constitution this country has ever seen.

Don't forget he created the monstrocity that is Homeland Security, for no other reason than to harass and police citizens.
Every single thing I said is true, and you won't find anyone who'll refute it seriously.

Someone please close this

Why?

Just because you don't get the answers you wanted?
Yes!... We'll sort of. I don't have any answers I want. I just want to hear someone bashing bush to consider what he went through. And if it still wasn't good enough I wanna hear from them who they thought was better etc. but I know they can't. So really I want them to acknowledge that what he did was the best fucking think he could do at the time.

Largely I agree. However, 2 and 3 are sort of generic charges. Correct, imo, but not really tied to specific failures. More the sum of parts. I think his malapropisms were often effective, i.e. "grow the pie higher." I don't think he set out to alienate our historic allies, but that was more the result of failures ... and untruths he pushed about Iraq.

Okay since this

Every single thing I said is true, and you won't find anyone who'll refute it seriously.
Homeland security
Okay since this

l would but seeing as I'm tempted by this manner of yours I won't and I won't even acknowledgr anything you say until I'm convinced you're not a troll or you can actually say something that doesn't reflect the mind of a conspiracy nut or who doesn't limit his sources to conspiracy websites.

Don't forget what an absolute BUFFOON he made of himself everytime he stepped in front of a microphone.

grow up.

Old School, didn't you sort of suspect that that was what he was up to with the OP?

Unwittingly, he set up a wonderful way to cyberslap his OP, and watch him try and dance. Keystone cop.

Okay since this

Homeland security
Okay since this

l would but seeing as I'm tempted by this manner of yours I won't and I won't even acknowledgr anything you say until I'm convinced you're not a troll or you can actually say something that doesn't reflect the mind of a conspiracy nut or who doesn't limit his sources to conspiracy websites.
There's a separate satire board.

Largely I agree. However, 2 and 3 are sort of generic charges. Correct, imo, but not really tied to specific failures. More the sum of parts. I think his malapropisms were often effective, i.e. "grow the pie higher." I don't think he set out to alienate our historic allies, but that was more the result of failures ... and untruths he pushed about Iraq.
I put 2 and 3 because he truly did sound like a highschool dropout whenever he stepped in front of a mic, and imo the politics of his handlers were truly evil. If you didn't support his policies you hated America and our soldiers. I will NEVER forget that for almost 8 years that's the shameful way that republicans behaved.

It's a common thing these days for someone, usually a democrat, to say that W fucked up. Really? Do you know what their main obstacles were as president? You know what they did to overcome them? Their solution wasn't good enough? Name someone who proposed an idea that would work and explain ho it wild work? You don't have an answer for all these questions without being a smartass? I know then who to ignore

It's not usually a Democrat any more, and the biggest obsticle to W. was who he selected for VP, Sect. of Defense and as his advisers. Look at the Statement of Principles, published in 1997, by the Project for a New American Century and see who signed the document - many were in his adminstration, his advisors and even his brother JEB.

Bush was faced with terrorism, just months before he took office Cole was attacked and a number of our sailors died. Any other President, would have been on the balls of his feet with his eyes wide open fixed on preventing more attacks and protectiong American Citizens.

We know that didn't happen and we know that a short time later the WTC was attacked for a second time - that is unforgiveable. Well, it seems partisan hacks have forgiven him; I wonder if he has really forgiven himself.

'W' & Co. were very successful in pushing their agenda of subjugating the future of America to their will. It was a conspiracy, and no theory is involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back