Bush II-era cia lawyer threatened staffers over pursuing waterboarding investigation

i-am-not-a-crook-by-todays-standards.jpg

Transcript: Sen. Dianne Feinstein says CIA searched Intelligence Committee computers - The Washington Post
(snip)
the acting counsel general of the CIA filed a crimes report with the Department of Justice concerning the committee staff's actions. I have not been provided the specifics of these allegations, or been told whether the department has initiated a criminal investigation based on the allegations of the CIA's acting general counsel.

As a result, there is no legitimate reason to allege to the Justice Department that Senate staff may have committed a crime. I view the acting counsel general's referral as a potential effort to intimidate this staff, and I am not taking this lightly.

Besides the constitutional implications, the CIA search may also have violated the Fourth Amendment, the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, as well as Executive Order 12333, which prohibits the CIA from conducting domestic searches or surveillance.

Very troubling. VERY troubling

Last edited:
Transcript: Sen. Dianne Feinstein says CIA searched Intelligence Committee computers - The Washington Post
(snip)
the acting counsel general of the CIA filed a crimes report with the Department of Justice concerning the committee staff's actions. I have not been provided the specifics of these allegations, or been told whether the department has initiated a criminal investigation based on the allegations of the CIA's acting general counsel.

As a result, there is no legitimate reason to allege to the Justice Department that Senate staff may have committed a crime. I view the acting counsel general's referral as a potential effort to intimidate this staff, and I am not taking this lightly.

Besides the constitutional implications, the CIA search may also have violated the Fourth Amendment, the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, as well as Executive Order 12333, which prohibits the CIA from conducting domestic searches or surveillance.

Very troubling. VERY troubling

Remember when President Obama's preacher got in all sorts of mess because he said America's chickens were "coming home to roost?"

What if our CIA ran out of places to fuck with, and came home to fuck with us in their down time. You know, for practice and shit.

This might lead to a Constitutional crisis. This is what happens when you let your predecessors off the hook.

Well let me put it in clear language that everyone can understand, water boarding versus one dead American, get it on! As for those pussy liberals, and yes conservatives, you think the other side pays by the rules? good luck with that misrepresentation of fact.

Well let me put it in clear language that everyone can understand, water boarding versus one dead American, get it on! As for those pussy liberals, and yes conservatives, you think the other side pays by the rules? good luck with that misrepresentation of fact.

We play by the rules.

That's what makes America great.

And conservatives, disgusting.

We play by the rules.

That's what makes America great.

And conservatives, disgusting.

Tell that to a POW or hostage, good luck with your rules, these rules you speak of haven't been SOP sense 1918. But then again keep on dreaming.

rw'ers- :up: lowering us down to the enemies level :rolleyes:

Cutting their head off would have been lowering us down to the enemies level. Using non-lethal interrogation methods on one or two high asset prisoners saved dozens, maybe hundreds of American lives.

You may one of those that is still alive.

^ conjecture man is here to save the day. Spare us w/ your tortuous, unsourced opinions :eusa_hand: .

i'll take this guy's word over any of your peoples any day of the week:

Real Men Don't Torture ? Washingtons Blog
“Fundamentally, those kinds of techniques are ineffective. If the goal is to gain actionable intelligence, and it is, and if that’s important, and it is, then we have to use the techniques that are most effective. Torture is the technique of choice of the lazy, stupid and pseudo-tough.”

Now stop wasting our time and run along Scooter :bye1:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back