Bush & Laura.. A Class Act..

No, please don't take this down to that sort of level with the "that's a shame" and "you're crying" bullshit (and I call it "bullshit" because that's what it is).

Am I claiming I'm absolutely correct in my stance? No. I'm just saying (after spending some time scouring the internet following your post) that I cannot find any primary source evidence of Saddam or any of his top commanders actively threatening the United States, or instances of US intelligence networks hearing/seeing/reading a threat.

And this doesn't shock me because it would make no sense for Saddam to threaten the US and provoke an overthrow/occupation.

That is my point. I'm trying to work with you here.

But, Putin would be a primary source that HE informed Bush of such a threat. I have no reason to believe or not to believe him when he said that Russia's secret service had information on more than one occasion that Iraq was preparing acts of terror in the US and its facilities worldwide.

So, we can dispute that Saddam himself was behind the threat or that it was a "legitimate" threat. But, when Putin says in a speech in Kazakhstan that he transmitted the threat directly to Bush, it falls to you to prove that he didn't actually tell Bush that such a threat existed.

Last edited:
Yup! Because you loons think Obama was personally involved in every decision!

And even if he wasn't? "The buck stops with him."

You can show that I believe that Obama was personally involved in every decision? But, your point that the "The buck stops with him" cuts both ways, doesn't it, so, you'll stop the "Blame Bush" game and allow Obama to be criticized for the results of his policies?

As Pennywise said, I didn't care for his presidency, but him and and his wife seem like good people. Funny interview as well. :lol:

That WAS the best interview. I loved Bush. What a great sense of humor he has. He and his elegant and very polished wife, come from good and solid backgrounds. Their parents knew how important role-modeling was.

Moreover, it is a family trait. This Family is a huge inspiration.

139724_george_hw_bush_shaved_head_328_courtesy_officeofgeorgebush.jpg

But, Putin would be a primary source that HE informed Bush of such a threat. I have no reason to believe or not to believe him when he said that Russia's secret service had information on more than one occasion that Iraq was preparing acts of terror in the US and its facilities worldwide.

So, we can dispute that Saddam himself was behind the threat or that it was a "legitimate" threat. But, when Putin says in a speech in Kazakhstan that he transmitted the threat directly to Bush, it falls to you to prove that he didn't actually tell Bush that such a threat existed.

But I'm not arguing that Putin didn't tell Bush this. I agree that it happened. I just don't consider this as Iraq officially threatening the United States, or as "proof" that Iraq posed a threat to the United States.

Agree to disagree.

His treatment of the Pat Tillman family...shameful and incredibly un-Christian of him.

Wow, in a world where Obama is responsible for nothing, you loons think Bush was personally involved in every decsions!

In a world where right wing loons lay 100% of the blame at Obama's feet and 0.0% of credit for anything going right...you'd think that the war-hawks on the right would at least take up for a guy who rejected seven figures from the NFL to serve his country...then gets shafted by Bush's military.

Did he joke about WMD's?

Did she talk about killing her ex boyfriend?

Now those are the questions I have.

Laura was a 17 year old school girl who exhibited accountability by remaining at the scene of the accident. Contrast that with the lack of accountability of a sitting US Senator who fled the scene of his accident leaving his girlfriend to die.

Did he joke about WMD's?

Laura was a 17 year old school girl who exhibited accountability by remaining at the scene of the accident. Contrast that with the lack of accountability of a sitting US Senator who fled the scene of his accident leaving his girlfriend to die.

I don't think you can flee the scene in the wee hours of the morning in an isolated area with no witnesses and no immediate hope of anyone coming to your aid. Under such conditions, any person who leaves is doing so because they're seeking assistance.

The only one who has missed bush was that fella that threw his shoe at him.

His "bring it on" attitude costs thousands of our best and brightest their lives and fallout continues to this day.

Let's not forget that the American invasion of Iraq put Iraq squarely under Iran's sphere of influence because the Sunnis were overthrown and the Shias took over. Bush, despite all his verbal bellicosity toward Iran (otherwise known as tough talk), actually strengthened Iran in the region because Iraq was no longer a check on Iranian power.

That's a fair point and a valid criticism.

His treatment of the Pat Tillman family...shameful and incredibly un-Christian of him.

Wow, in a world where Obama is responsible for nothing, you loons think Bush was personally involved in every decsions!

Show me where the buck stops with Obama ever.

In a world where right wing loons lay 100% of the blame at Obama's feet and 0.0% of credit for anything going right...you'd think that the war-hawks on the right would at least take up for a guy who rejected seven figures from the NFL to serve his country...then gets shafted by Bush's military.

I'm a war hawk from the right and I lay 100% of the credit to Obama for continuing the Bush policies in Iraq all the way to the exit, for continuing the Bush policies on the hunt for Bin Laden, and for telling the far left to STFU on Afghanistan. Seriously, if I ever meet the man I will shake his hand because he did the exact opposite of what he said he'd do on the campaign trail in 2008.

He saved countless lives by realizing that the world he knew as the junior Senator from Illinois was vastly different than reality. For that, he deserves respect beyond that which is automatically granted by taking the Oath.

I'm not a huge critic of his current Afghanistan strategy because I don't think he has one. He's a fish out of water here, and the people he has appointed to handle this problem aren't very good. To be fair, the people Bush appointed weren't that good either. Bush needs to be properly blamed for not having clear goals in Afghanistan beyond decapitating Al Qaeda and the then-current Taliban. And Bush gets the blame for the TSA (I'll still shake his hand if I ever meet him but I'll rib him on that one).

I don't have much concern for the Pat Tillman issue - it comes with the job.

The fallen's family being lied to about the circumstances of their death comes with the job?

You sound like an idiot.

Every man that goes into battle knows what the consequences could be 7 figures or not, they all have the greatest value..

The military is getting shafted by Obama as we post.. what are you doing about it?

Obama slept while people were dying in Benghazi..but you support that correct.

Btw. were you in the military?

Last edited:
Did he joke about WMD's?

I don't think you can flee the scene in the wee hours of the morning in an isolated area with no witnesses and no immediate hope of anyone coming to your aid. Under such conditions, any person who leaves is doing so because they're seeking assistance.

Seeking Assistance?? If someone is drowning in a car and it takes toy 10 hours to report it, there was no seeking assistance. The Senator was a coward who fled the scene.

The fallen's family being lied to about the circumstances of their death comes with the job?

You sound like an idiot.

I don't condone the lies, but it's part of the nasty realities of war.

Seeking Assistance?? If someone is drowning in a car and it takes toy 10 hours to report it, there was no seeking assistance. The Senator was a coward who fled the scene.

You can also be seeking assistance for yourself in such circumstance. Only a fool or a severely injured person would stay there late at night with no hope of rescue any time soon.

Last edited:

You sound like an idiot.

I don't condone the lies, but it's part of the nasty realities of war.

There was a war in Arizona? That is where the lie was told. The more you guys try to sugar coat this unimaginable, unconscionable, and frankly unchristian lie by GWB, the more devious it makes the man look.

Forum List

Back