Bush rejects Saddam 9/11 link

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Now I realize this is old news that everyone should know but in an attempt to make those who listen to those who dispense lies I think reeducation is needed.

Here is what our President Bush said "We have no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the 11 September attacks," Mr Bush told reporters as he met members of Congress on energy legislation.

Many people may believe this was the case because in "Fahrenheit 9/11," Michael Moore truncated a comment by Condi Rice in order to deliberately give viewers of his movie that false impression. Here's the quote as it appeared in the film:

"There is a tie between Iraq and what happened on 9/11"

Now here's the full quote:

"Oh, indeed there is a tie between Iraq and what happened on 9/11. It’s not that Saddam Hussein was somehow himself and his regime involved in 9/11, but, if you think about what caused 9/11, it is the rise of ideologies of hatred that lead people to drive airplanes into buildings in New York."

Now I realize this is old news that everyone should know but in an attempt to make those who listen to those who dispense lies I think reeducation is needed.

Here is what our President Bush said "We have no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the 11 September attacks," Mr Bush told reporters as he met members of Congress on energy legislation.

Many people may believe this was the case because in "Fahrenheit 9/11," Michael Moore truncated a comment by Condi Rice in order to deliberately give viewers of his movie that false impression. Here's the quote as it appeared in the film:

"Oh, indeed there is a tie between Iraq and what happened on 9/11. It’s not that Saddam Hussein was somehow himself and his regime involved in 9/11, but, if you think about what caused 9/11, it is the rise of ideologies of hatred that lead people to drive airplanes into buildings in New York."

When you post these things you should link the quote so that everyone can get the full context of it.

Additionally, there were plenty of folks in the Bush administration tying Iraq to 9/11.

Lie by Lie: A Timeline of How We Got Into Iraq | Mother Jones

Even good ol' Paul is stating that Cheney got us into that mess:

Rand Paul Says Dick Cheney Used 9/11 As Pretext To Invade Iraq For Halliburton’s Enrichment (Video) | Americans Against the Tea Party

You're wasting your time.. the left also thinks Palin said she could see Russia from her house. They live one big lie.

Yeah? What about these folks:

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them.
That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998-Truth!
This was a quote from President Clinton during a presentation at the Pentagon defending a decision to conduct military strikes against Iraq.

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear.
We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998-Truth!
Bill Clinton went to the Pentagon on this occasion to be briefed by top military officials about Iraq and weapons of mass destruction.
His remarks followed that briefing.

"Iraq is a long way from USA but, what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998-Truth!
This is a quote from Albright during an appearance at Ohio State University by Albright, who was Secretary of State for Bill Clinton.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998-Truth!
This was at the same Ohio State University appearance as Madeline Albright.
"We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S.Constitution and Laws, to take necessary actions, (including, if appropriate,
air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction
programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998-Truth!
According to the U.S. Senate website, the text of this letter was signed by several Senators, both Democrat and Republican, including Senator John McCain and Joseph Lieberman.

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998-Truth!
The text of this statement by Nancy Pelosi is posted on her congressional website.

"Hussein has .. chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999-Truth!
This was from an appearance Albright made in Chicago.
She was addressing the embargo of Iraq that was in effect at the time and criticism that it may have prevented needed medical supplies from getting into the country. Albright said, "There has never been an embargo against food and medicine. It's just that Hussein has just not chosen to spend his money on that. Instead, he has chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction, and palaces for his cronies."

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs
continue a pace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001Truth!
The only letter with this quote from December 5, 2001 that we could find did not include the participation of Senator Bob Graham, but it was signed nine other senators including Democrat Joe Lieberman.
It urged President Bush to take quicker action against Iraq.

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002-Truth!
These were remarks from Senator Levin to a Senate committee on that date.

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002-Truth!
This and the quote below was part of prepared remarks for a speech in San Francisco to The Commonwealth Club.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them.
This was a quote from President Clinton during a presentation at the Pentagon defending a decision to conduct military strikes against Iraq.

We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
Bill Clinton went to the Pentagon on this occasion to be briefed by top military officials about Iraq and weapons of mass destruction.

"Iraq is a long way from USA but, what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
This is a quote from Albright during an appearance at Ohio State University by Albright, who was Secretary of State for Bill Clinton.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
"We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S.Constitution and Laws, to take necessary actions, (including, if appropriate,
air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction
programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998-Truth!
According to the U.S. Senate website, the text of this letter was signed by several Senators, both Democrat and Republican, including Senator John McCain and Joseph Lieberman.

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
The text of this statement by Nancy Pelosi is posted on her congressional website.

"Hussein has .. chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
She was addressing the embargo of Iraq that was in effect at the time and criticism that it may have prevented needed medical supplies from getting into the country. Albright said, "There has never been an embargo against food and medicine. It's just that Hussein has just not chosen to spend his money on that. Instead, he has chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction, and palaces for his cronies."

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs
continue a pace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001Truth!
The only letter with this quote from December 5, 2001 that we could find did not include the participation of Senator Bob Graham, but it was signed nine other senators including Democrat Joe Lieberman.

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
This and the quote below was part of prepared remarks for a speech in San Francisco to The Commonwealth Club.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

What about this guy?

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaida. I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars

Barack Obama Oct 2 2002

What about this guy?

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaida. I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars

Barack Obama Oct 2 2002

What it shows is Barack was at good at talking about stuff as opposed to doing stuff since 2002.

Germany didn't bomb us at Pearl Harbor.

True, but they were attacking our ships at sea in the Atlantic with submarines and killing US sailors. Plus they declared war on the US four days after Pearl Harbor.

programs."

What about this guy?

Barack Obama Oct 2 2002

And then, when he got the big chair, he couldn't wait to get us involved in Syria's civil war.

bush and rice MAY have made the quotes you cited but the big question is, WHEN WERE THESE QUOTES MADE? That is a rather important piece of information that you have not included in your post. I suspect that was not an accident. I suspect these quotes were made well after American troops were in Iraq. If you are going to cite a quote you NEED to give the date of the quote and where you obtained the quote. Failure to do so renders the quote as being worthless.
You cannot deny that prior to the attack virtually all members of the bush administration were screaming about al Qaida being an ally of Saddam AND the fact they were allied linked them to 9/11.

Last edited:
What about this guy?

Barack Obama Oct 2 2002

What it shows is Barack was at good at talking about stuff as opposed to doing stuff since 2002.

What it shows is that Obama had a better understanding of the situation in Iraq than the lying bastard in the White House

What about this guy?

Barack Obama Oct 2 2002

What it shows is that Obama had a better understanding of the situation in Iraq than the lying bastard in the White House

If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period.

Who's the lying bastard?

programs."

What about this guy?

Barack Obama Oct 2 2002

Well this criticizer-in-chief.. He helped the terrorists kill 3,000 more US troops and 100,000s of Iraqis and here is how...
Illustration..
Assume you are getting ready to kick a game winning field goal in front of 100,000 people and millions of viewers.
NOW EVERYONE including YOUR cheerleaders, your team's fans, EVERYONE BOOING YOU! Praying you miss. How would you feel?
More importantly how would your opponents feel? Would they cheer you or what your fans were doing ??

NOW take this to this statement made in Nashua, NH, Monday,Aug 14, 2007
Obama said that we’re..... air raiding villages and killing civilians..."
?Air-raiding villages and killing civilians? - ABC News

NOW I've taken this quote OUT of context. I admit it!

But so would the terrorists! They would clip and parse these words and that goes to show how either:

1) How totally inept this idiot was in making such stupid comments that COULD be taken out of context or

2) He really meant these words.
"Look, it’s an all volunteer force,” Obama complained. “Nobody made these guys go to war.
They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn’t compute..”
“I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, “Obama continued
“I wasn’t asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history,
I’d have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation’s deficit."
http://www.realverse.com/why-does-obama-hate-our-military/

In either case Obama made these comments!

Who's the lying bastard?

Really?

That is your sense of moral eqivalence?

Someone having to look for another insurance plan vs starting a war on false pretenses and killing 100,000 people?

Has your side sunk that low?

Who's the lying bastard?
Perhaps you should give some thought to what a lie is. A lie occurs when someone KNOWS the truth and purposely says something they know to be untrue. For example, LBJ knew that an American ship HAD NOT been attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin but that is not what he told the American people. That was a lie because he purposely hid the truth. Another example would be gwb saying that Iraq had WMD. bush had received briefings that Saddam did not have WMD yet his people were talking of germ warfare, poison gas, and mushroom clouds over New York. bush knew the truth and purposely kept it from the American people.
Now, as to Obama lying, you can only make that claim if you have some proof that he knew what he was saying was wrong and purposely misled the American people. DO YOU HAVE PROOF THAT BEFORE HE MADE THE STATEMENT YOU ARE CITING HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS SAYING WAS WRONG. You can accuse him of making statements that were WRONG but you statement he was lying is as phony as the Death Panels that never existed.
But hey, facts mean nothing here. It's all about the mud. Right? Right???????

Who's the lying bastard?

Really?

That is your sense of moral eqivalence?

Someone having to look for another insurance plan vs starting a war on false pretenses and killing 100,000 people?

Has your side sunk that low?

Obama's people created the bill. He put his name on it. he should have known what was in it. he didn't and he LIED on national television repeatedly.

Bush was acting on the intelligence information he had at the time. He was not shown information (as far as we know) saying Saddam had, without a doubt" NO WMD's. Saddam never came out and said he had none. It turns out he was lying, and his government was lying the whole time.

Your president was caught in a 100% LIE. Deal with it.

Forum List

Back