Buttigieg Answer to Question About Palestine Ohio.

~~~~~~
newman-buttigieg.jpg
Pete....what about the disaster in Ohio?

Mad-Magazine-Alfred-Neuman-what-me-worry.gif

No, I mean the good old boys club consisting of contractors. They ultimately decide who even takes the test. Get in good with them and you are golden. If they don't like you...for whatever reason; you may as well head down the road.
No, it's the unions who run the apprenticeships and they have to answer to the Dept of Labor for any BS.

No, it's the unions who run the apprenticeships and they have to answer to the Dept of Labor for any BS.
Yeah, I'm sure that happens.

Can you imagine an apprentice working construction who went to the DoL?

Yikes.

The Biden administration is IMHO more tone deaf to the public than any in recent memory. The train derailments might not be their fault, but their reaction absolutely sucks. So far, all I can see is the 'wait until it blows over' attitude.

The Biden administration is IMHO more tone deaf to the public than any in recent memory. The train derailments might not be their fault, but their reaction absolutely sucks. So far, all I can see is the 'wait until it blows over' attitude.

If we had an actual free press/media they would be raking this administration over the coals.

Palestine Ohio shows that the MSM has sunk to new lows even for them.

Apprenticeship programs are approved by the DOL.
Your apprentice would go to his union if he had any issues.
Again, yeah, I'm sure that will work well.

Do you know how unions work or how they are supposed to work?

Not how it works. It's union vs company.
So if an apprentice was treated unfairly by the union, you think they will run to the superintendent or some company?

How the union disseminates it's testing is not up to any company, it's up to the union. The company wants to maximize profits, not meddling in union business.

So if an apprentice was treated unfairly by the union, you think they will run to the superintendent or some company?

How the union disseminates it's testing is not up to any company, it's up to the union. The company wants to maximize profits, not meddling in union business.
You don't know what you're talking about.

Perhaps that is true...or your situation is unique.
Apprenticeship training is classroom and OJT. Any issues would come back to the classroom.
This is how it is here and most, if not all my friends have gone through training in just about every area.

Apprenticeship training is classroom and OJT. Any issues would come back to the classroom.
This is how it is here and most, if not all my friends have gone through training in just about every area.

I am aware. I teach an apprenticeship class.

My students don't work for my company. I teach, they go to their jobs and someone else trains them on the job.

I am aware. I teach an apprenticeship class.

My students don't work for my company. I teach, they go to their jobs and someone else trains them on the job.
That's great, I figured you were involved on one side or the other of the fence.
And they have rampant grievances to complain about?

Forum List

Back