Bye Bye Eskimo Pie

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
And another iconic mascot & brand bites the dust. No more Eskimo for Eskimo pies. Isn't it odd how the minorities are being disappeared in the name of racial justice?

The owner of Eskimo Pie ice cream treats says it will change the name of its 99-year-old brand because the term is "derogatory," the company announced on Friday.

The move by Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream, which owns Eskimo Pies, comes as Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben’s announced changes to their brands following nationwide protests in the wake of the police killing of George Floyd on May 25.

“We are committed to being a part of the solution on racial equality, and recognize the term is derogatory,” Elizabell Marquez, the company’s head of marketing, said in a statement.

Last edited:
And another iconic mascot & brand bites the dust. No more Eskimo for Eskimo pies. Isn't it how the minorities are being disappeared in the name of racial justice?

The owner of Eskimo Pie ice cream treats says it will change the name of its 99-year-old brand because the term is "derogatory," the company announced on Friday.

The move by Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream, which owns Eskimo Pies, comes as Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben’s announced changes to their brands following nationwide protests in the wake of the police killing of George Floyd on May 25.

“We are committed to being a part of the solution on racial equality, and recognize the term is derogatory,” Elizabell Marquez, the company’s head of marketing, said in a statement.

Maybe change the name to Frost Giant Poop.

I'm safe.
I eat 'Klondike' bars. They're so much better along with a larger variety of flavors!

Eskimo Pies suck, by comparison.

Maybe they'll change the name to black covered whitey.

What about turkish taffy? Or moon pies? Don't moon people matter?

And another iconic mascot & brand bites the dust. No more Eskimo for Eskimo pies. Isn't it odd how the minorities are being disappeared in the name of racial justice?

eskimoe pie.jpg

Yep. Changing the name of an Eskimo Pie sure will go a long way to solving racial equality! ITMT, there are no Eskimos! No one was complaining! I'm keeping track of every one of these idiot companies, I won't be buying their products, they are too stupid to stay in business.

What's next, banning dark chocolate?

Yep. Changing the name of an Eskimo Pie sure will go a long way to solving racial equality! ITMT, there are no Eskimos! No one was complaining! I'm keeping track of every one of these idiot companies, I won't be buying their products, they are too stupid to stay in business.

Mrs. Butterworth is going to annouce that he's a MAN.

You meant to say chocolate of color, didn't you racist? :abgg2q.jpg: :eek:

Mrs. Butterworth is going to annouce that he's a MAN.
I understand the United Dairy Association is protesting the use of the word "Butter" as it disparages cows.

And NAMBLA is protesing the use of the word "Mrs." because it disparages gender-alternative people.

Cracker Barrel will be next. They will drop Cracker and simply call themselves Barrel. After all, people of color may be afraid to eat at Cracker Barrel because they may get cracked by the whip of a cracker.

I understand the United Dairy Association is protesting the use of the word "Butter" as it disparages cows.

And NAMBLA is protesing the use of the word "Mrs." because it disparages gender-alternative people.

Transwomen are protesting Milk Duds because they think it refers to their inability to lactate.

You meant to say chocolate of color, didn't you racist? :abgg2q.jpg: :eek:
That's right. I'm a fucking racist who likes to live dangerously in today's world. We still say darky chocolate until Facebook bans us.

PS: If you really want to piss off a Lefty, say the word COCOA to them. :smoke:

Honey, I thinks I be needing me some dark chocolate Eskimo goodies right about now!

dark-chocolate-bar-squares.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back